Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
And this is why RC MARKET is awesome haha.

Oh by the way everyone, HB just sent out an email to me saying they have fixed the problems with the webstore. So for those of you in the US that have been complaining about the webstore dropping your order if something is out of stock, that won't be an issue anymore. The parts in stock will be sent out, while the items out of stock will be dropped from the order. You should also receive an email stating what parts were out of stock, and dropped from the order.

Happy Racing!!!

-Korey
Old 02-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
So I'm guessing the FRP middle deck mounts up with the non-TC lower bulkheads? I'd like to try that on my cyclone - especially if it gives more rear traction
Yes, the middle decks are interchangeable: FRP has the most flex, then the Graphite and the alum heatsink one is the stiffest.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Then if you want even more flex, you can just cut the brace so it's two seperate pieces (left and right side).

-Korey
Old 02-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
And this is why RC MARKET is awesome haha.

Oh by the way everyone, HB just sent out an email to me saying they have fixed the problems with the webstore. So for those of you in the US that have been complaining about the webstore dropping your order if something is out of stock, that won't be an issue anymore. The parts in stock will be sent out, while the items out of stock will be dropped from the order. You should also receive an email stating what parts were out of stock, and dropped from the order.

Happy Racing!!!

-Korey

So should I ask for my car back
Old 02-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
So should I ask for my car back

no trade backs
Old 02-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar

no trade backs

If you say so
Old 02-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone, SpeedWorld carries the full line of TC Cyclone parts also for years. If you need any help e-mail or call any time.

Thank you
www.speedworldraceway.com
Old 02-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Rookie

I just bought a cyclone s rtr a couple of months ago. this is my first touring car. I am running in a class where we run sidewinder 4600 and lipos 7.4v 5000mAh packs. my interal is 2.4375 and i run a 42 pinon and 96 tooth 64 pitch. We are racing on a tri-oval. What I wonder is what spur and pinion combinations are you all running. wide open people are pulling away from me. any info would be appriciated.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

I bent a rear top bulk head last night and heard some xray may work. I did get it bent back though, the peice is straight and flat against the shock tower again should I still worry about tweak but I dont think it will be that noticable. What do you guys think?
Old 02-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tulsa TC3
I bent a rear top bulk head last night and heard some xray may work. I did get it bent back though, the peice is straight and flat against the shock tower again should I still worry about tweak but I dont think it will be that noticable. What do you guys think?
Don't know whether the XRay is the exact fit. But to check yours, take the screws out of the bulkhead (both left and right sides and take the top links off the bulkheads too. See if the top bulkheads mounted on the shock tower sit perfectly flat on top of the bottom bulkheads. If you see any gaps at all, as you tighten the thing down it will put some unwanted stress or tweak into your chassis.
If there are some gaps and you cannot get it to sit perfectly flat, then as a stop-gap measure you can try to fill any gaps with really thin motor shims and put the screws through those... until your replacement bulkheads come in. I would recommend to get the replacement bulkheads anyway, and keep your bent and fixed ones as emergency spares.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

That is definetaly what I am going to do, it was just another "in a situation" type of questions to really just be able to finish out the night. I am having a hard time finding the different degree c-hub part number I can only ind 4deg. If anyone could help out that would be great I seem to break those more frequently now that I have the aluminum steering blocks.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

That is definetaly what I am going to do, it was just another "in a situation" type of questions to really just be able to finish out the night. I am having a hard time finding the different degree c-hub part number I can only ind 4deg. If anyone could help out that would be great I seem to break those more frequently now that I have the aluminum steering blocks.
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPa...sort=2a&page=8
Old 02-17-2009, 03:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Droop

Hi guys just a quick question.
I have always measured my droop on the outer step on the front wishbones but was just curious where you measure youres. I have asked some people at my club and they measure in the middle of the wishbone. Both of these areas to measure droop give totaly differant readings and i was wondering which reading to use. E.g u measure the droop at the middle in the front to 5mm and measure it on the outside and you get a reading of 7mm.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

quite honestly, that makes perfect sense...

the force of the impact goes to the next "weakest" part - in this case, your C-hubs...

If you "upgraded" the C-HUb to aluminum, you would be breaking arms...

That's why its not always the best choice to replace a lot of suspension components with aluminum...plus then you have the "does this aluminum Chub/arm look bent to you?" issue
Old 02-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Droop

Hi guys just a quick question.
I have always measured my droop on the outer step on the front wishbones but was just curious where you measure youres. I have asked some people at my club and they measure in the middle of the wishbone. Both of these areas to measure droop give totaly differant readings and i was wondering which reading to use. E.g u measure the droop at the middle in the front to 5mm and measure it on the outside and you get a reading of 7mm.

Anyone ????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.