R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #15286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb11 View Post
will hotbodies fix the problem with the lipos rubbing the bulkhead, you have to grind down the bulkhead to fit hard case lipo on chassis.
I would say all answers point to yes. There is some spy shots of what looks like a new car a few pages back and it would seem that a LIPO friendly car is in the works.

As someone else noted this car was designed for round cells and a few of us are making the car work with LIPO. I am running an IP3800 35C LIPO with the Cyclone specific Manutech Racing LIPO plate and the battery does not rub at all. Even with the LIPO plate which is about 190 grams my car currently comes in at 1510 Grams.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #15287
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Run a 4.0 with Lipo at Speedworld if you have a set. I had a special Steve Weiss motor and ran it without any problems. Was by far the fastest modmotor that I have ever had in a sedan.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #15288
Tech Adept

I have the worlds edition cyclone and use the new arms and have never broken one yet. I have been running the car for 3 months every weekend and practice twice a week. I run 13.5 rubber. The only thing I have broken are C- hubs and steering knuckles but now I have the 3racing knuckles and did seem to break a c hub easier. I also noticed that the newer c hubs I just ordered were thicker than the sets I had when I purchased the car.
Tulsa TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #15289
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Run a 4.0 with Lipo at Speedworld if you have a set. I had a special Steve Weiss motor and ran it without any problems. Was by far the fastest modmotor that I have ever had in a sedan.

And what main were you in at the REEDY??? If you can't control the power what good is it???

OH ya and weren't my 13.5 times faster then your Mod times??
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #15290
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by munrath View Post
Dannybcaitlyn - I spoke to Andy today about the steering knuckles and A-arms, and it doesn't appear that anything is going to change. I wish I had better news. Many people using the TC have had to switch to aluminum steering knuckles at our local track. Some have started using the Pro4 A-arms. It doesn't appear to be a problem when running outdoors, but indoor with rubber tire on carpet is where many are seeing the problem. Most of the arms people have showed me are breaking right in front of where the bottom of the shock is screwed into the A-arm. Is this where the arm is breaking on yours?
Munrath, All of the arms I have broken are in the place you have mentioned. Haven't broken any C-Hubs yet. I wish they would address the problem, and at least give you two front arms instead of a rear and front arm per pack. I have a butt load of rears now.
dannybcaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #15291
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
And what main were you in at the REEDY??? If you can't control the power what good is it???

OH ya and weren't my 13.5 times faster then your Mod times??
I ran with the big boys
Old 02-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #15292
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn View Post
Munrath, All of the arms I have broken are in the place you have mentioned. Haven't broken any C-Hubs yet. I wish they would address the problem, and at least give you two front arms instead of a rear and front arm per pack. I have a butt load of rears now.
Imagine how many rear hubs I had
Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #15293
Tech Master

Quote:
I ran with the big boys
But you ran like a SLOW BOY, and now you'll be even SLOWER with the new car!!!!

I looked it up even BINER out qualifed you!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #15294
Tech Champion

Quote:
But you ran like a SLOW BOY, and now you'll be even SLOWER with the new car!!!!

I looked it up even BINER out qualifed you!!!
Maybe if I had all the parts that Billy had I would have been in the A...... Looks like someone is going into the wall at the next points race
Old 02-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #15295
Tech Master

Quote:
Maybe if I had all the parts that Billy had I would have been in the A...... Looks like someone is going into the wall at the next points race

Billy's car didn't have anything special, The only thing Hara gave him were the POM outdrives foe the spool and he broke those in the first qualifer. He made the A with his driving skills!!! Just like I did that day!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #15296
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Imagine how many rear hubs I had
if you want, I can give you an exact count
Old 02-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #15297
Tech Champion

Quote:
Billy's car didn't have anything special, The only thing Hara gave him were the POM outdrives foe the spool and he broke those in the first qualifer. He made the A with his driving skills!!! Just like I did that day!!!
He had the new arms and a personal PB.....
Old 02-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #15298
Tech Apprentice

Default help

Is there a difference between the Worlds bulkheads and the TC bulkheads?

Is it worth taking Worlds car and putting the TC chassis, upperdeck, arms, and shocktowers on it?
bestindebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #15299
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestindebt View Post

Is it worth taking Worlds car and putting the TC chassis, upperdeck, arms, and shocktowers on it?
The lower bulkheads are the same design, the only diffenence on the worlds bulkheads is theres a slight taper on the edges.

I switched to the TC chassis and towers, chassis dosent chage anything but allow the use of the front post with the new upper deck. The new towers are nice, the front is lower and the rear is cut down so you don't have to add spacers to keep the cap from rubbing the tower. (less parts to drop)

I also am running the new arms in the rear, but not in the front as they do break eaiser.

Last edited by Scott B; 02-11-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #15300
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestindebt View Post

The bulkhead geometry is the same. The TC upper bulkheads have a reinforced rib and have only the two most inner camber link positions that everyone uses anyway... you don't have the two outer holes.

In terms of upgrading your Worlds car, the chassis has some of the components moved a little... like the servo, which is a tiny bit more forward, but honestly, you won't see that much of a difference with just swapping out the chassis and upper deck.
The biggest TC improvement is the Pro diff. Definitely get that.
I'd also recommend the rear TC upper deck. It's is softer (FRP), which will give you more rear bite.
For the arms, I like the new positions on the front arms... I sometimes run the #2, but I haven't made much use of the rear optional arm positions. I use the standard middle hole most of the time in the back (carpet rubber racing).
The new shock towers have a higher mounting point and the shock positions have been lowered. If you're going to run these, get the new upper bulkheads as well. But the Worlds shock towers have the 7 or 8 holes per side, similar to the TC shock towers, so you might just want to stick with those.
Outside of that, you'll find some other nice touches on the TC, like the new swaybar mounts, elongated chassis holes around the pulleys so the belt doesn't rub (with the previous Cyclones you had to do that yourself), 18 tooth pulleys (can run the belts a hair looser, and it's easier to gear 13.5's & 17.5). Also, the unversals fit better in the bearings for less slop than the MIP's on the Worlds car.