Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys had first race with my cyclone tc this year

i had a few proboblems with my centre pullies, after getting advice from numerous guys. lets just say i SENT THE ROCKS INTO THERE WINDOWS.
it was the nicest most smoothest car i have ever drown. it apsalotly flew past them. im still usin brushed at the moment aswell.

2 months then brushless and my FDR is goin down

i love this car
Old 01-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ark
This is mine with an IP 5000.
Hello Ark, it looks like you shaved a few mm off the aluminum mount. Does that alum part flexes since it is now thinner? Could you feel any changes to the car handling?

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:37 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
Hello Ark, it looks like you shaved a few mm off the aluminum mount. Does that alum part flexes since it is now thinner? Could you feel any changes to the car handling?

Thanks.
To be totally honest, I havent even driven the car on a track yet. My first race is this weekend. I shaved the mount before i got the pack because I thought it would'nt fit from the measurements i had. I took off about 1.5mm but I dont think it will have any effect in handling.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks.
As long as you don't take too much off there won't be any issues. I wouldn't take anymore than 2mm off.

-Korey
Old 01-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey guys, ive been running the original cyclone since it first emerged into the market, and i absolutely love it, it has never failed me only my driving has. now my question is should i go out and get the new car or should i just convert parts over such as diffs/oneway/locking spool, pulleys and belts. or is the new car that much superior that converting the old car wont even compare?
Old 01-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
As long as you don't take too much off there won't be any issues. I wouldn't take anymore than 2mm off.

-Korey
Hi Darrell and Korey,

Thanks for the info. Darrell, please let me know how it handles next week. I am hesitating whether I should shave the alum part or add some washers under the motor mount / top deck.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by yzf-r1
hey guys, ive been running the original cyclone since it first emerged into the market, and i absolutely love it, it has never failed me only my driving has. now my question is should i go out and get the new car or should i just convert parts over such as diffs/oneway/locking spool, pulleys and belts. or is the new car that much superior that converting the old car wont even compare?

Hi, I think it would depends on which version cyclone you have. The current TC is a much refined version, and there are quite a lot of minor enhancements.

Hope it helps.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default SLOW - Orion 3800MAH 30C lipo

Hi Guys,

I have a question. I have been using NIMH batteries with my Cyclone TC, and I will be attending a major race which allows both Lipo and NIMH. I will be running the stock class.

I just purchased several packs of Orion 3800MAH 30C lipo and tested them yesterday. It seems like they had less punch and top speed than NIMH. Perhaps the overall voltage is lower than NIMH.

From your experience, is NIMH faster than Lipo (with a stock motor)?

Should I try some better lipos such as LRP or SMC 5000+ MAH packs?

Which battery should I go with?
Old 01-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Hi Guys,

I have a question. I have been using NIMH batteries with my Cyclone TC, and I will be attending a major race which allows both Lipo and NIMH. I will be running the stock class.

I just purchased several packs of Orion 3800MAH 30C lipo and tested them yesterday. It seems like they had less punch and top speed than NIMH. Perhaps the overall voltage is lower than NIMH.

From your experience, is NIMH faster than Lipo (with a stock motor)?

Should I try some better lipos such as LRP or SMC 5000+ MAH packs?

Which battery should I go with?
The nimh will have alot more punch in the begining of the race but over the entire run the Lipo should be faster because it holds its voltage better than nimh
Old 01-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well im currently running the moore world kit
Old 01-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Darrell and Korey,

Thanks for the info. Darrell, please let me know how it handles next week. I am hesitating whether I should shave the alum part or add some washers under the motor mount / top deck.
I think there will be some issues with adding washers under the motor mount and upper deck mount. That will actually tweak the car and put a lot of stress on the upper deck. You would need to add shims under every mounting point for the bulkheads, motor mount, and upper deck mount to prevent tweaking the chassis.

Now, at this point you are raising your center of gravity of by raising a huge chunk of weight of the car itself, including the motor. I still think your best course of action would be to grind the bulkhead a little bit. It usually doesnt take very much at all.

-Korey
Old 01-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by yzf-r1
well im currently running the moore world kit
If you have the worlds kit then you have a bunch of the cool stuff anyway. You have the best spool which is what you'll mostly use, and lots of the cool purple goodies. The only things I would tell you to get are the new suspension arms for more shock positions, and the new pro spec diff.

-Korey
Old 01-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shadow102
The nimh will have alot more punch in the begining of the race but over the entire run the Lipo should be faster because it holds its voltage better than nimh
Hi Shadow, which NIMH and Lipos are you using?
Old 01-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Korey, I will take your advice.

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I think there will be some issues with adding washers under the motor mount and upper deck mount. That will actually tweak the car and put a lot of stress on the upper deck. You would need to add shims under every mounting point for the bulkheads, motor mount, and upper deck mount to prevent tweaking the chassis.

Now, at this point you are raising your center of gravity of by raising a huge chunk of weight of the car itself, including the motor. I still think your best course of action would be to grind the bulkhead a little bit. It usually doesnt take very much at all.

-Korey
Old 01-24-2009, 03:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Hi Shadow, which NIMH and Lipos are you using?
i am currently using the IP3800 28C Lipo packs...i gave up on NImh a long time ago. Just by their design NImh discharge alot faster than lipo do. A lipo will hold its voltage constant throughout a run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.