R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Team Orion Advantage Charger (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/63654-team-orion-advantage-charger.html)

R1RCR 02-18-2005 05:55 AM

Team Orion Advantage Charger

Anyone else got one yet? I've just got mine yesterday and I'm testing it out.

I'm going to try out the step-charging at the track this week-end. It seems that the step-charge is popular with the Pros now.

rocketron 02-18-2005 10:17 AM

i've been testing mine out this week and look forward to see how it performs this weekend.
i have been testing the step charge primarily as that is what i want to continue to use.;) seems to do a good job charging from inital testing.
discharge function works fine too.

haven't spendt time with the frilly stuff motor run in, stop watch etc....

POOKYT 02-18-2005 10:08 PM

When you get time, I was wondering if it shows amp draw and volts during the motor run in feature. Thanks

Brant

R1RCR 02-21-2005 06:35 AM

It's working great here!
I used the step charge and my batteries felt punchy and had good run-time. I really like knowing that delta-peak, temperature and mAh are being monitored, that way you are sure that you get the best charge possible.

PookyT, the way it works is that you set the voltage and run-time and then you start the motor run. It shows voltage, amp draw and run-time.

JMBetticher 02-21-2005 07:00 AM

Hye,

Atsushi Hara and Marc Rheinard used the Team Orion Advantage charger at the TITC 2005.

They used step charging.

Here is the set-up they used:

Step 1 : 2400mAh 7A - Mega Flex off
Step 2 : 2450mAh 0.2 - Mega Flex off
Step 3 : 4200mAh 6A
Temperature : 50°
Delta Peak : 3mV

Give a try and have fun !!

rocketron 02-21-2005 08:10 AM

Advantage

used my charger over the weekend and it does provide a very good charge and the mah numbers seem to be realistic and repeatable.

i also step charged with a very similar setting as mentioned above here.:sneaky:

POOKYT 02-21-2005 03:19 PM

Originally posted by R1RCR
It's working great here!
I used the step charge and my batteries felt punchy and had good run-time. I really like knowing that delta-peak, temperature and mAh are being monitored, that way you are sure that you get the best charge possible.

PookyT, the way it works is that you set the voltage and run-time and then you start the motor run. It shows voltage, amp draw and run-time.

Thanks for the info! I can see one of these in my near future.

Brant

ghoppa 02-21-2005 06:09 PM

"step" charging

I presume charging the batteries like Hara and Reinhard would be for Mod Racing, but would a "stock/19 turn" guy benefit from this option????

is so, what would those settings be, and how would you determine these numbers????

I am looking for new dyno, charger & high powered power supply to help me in running stock & 19 turn in this years Jimmy Babcock series(s)....:confused:

rocketron 02-21-2005 08:48 PM

Re: "step" charging

Originally posted by ghoppa
I presume charging the batteries like Hara and Reinhard would be for Mod Racing, but would a "stock/19 turn" guy benefit from this option????

is so, what would those settings be, and how would you determine these numbers????

I am looking for new dyno, charger & high powered power supply to help me in running stock & 19 turn in this years Jimmy Babcock series(s)....:confused:

Yes the step charging method does indeed help 19t and stock. basically slightly higher voltage average and it helps mod because you see a significant gain in run time

did you race at socal last weekend? there are quite a few of the 19t and stock guys using this method

silver_spo0n 02-21-2005 08:49 PM

Originally posted by R1RCR
the way it works is that you set the voltage and run-time and then you start the motor run. It shows voltage, amp draw and run-time.
hey does that mean it comes with a motor dyno?

ghoppa 02-21-2005 09:14 PM

Re: Re: "step" charging

Originally posted by rocketron
Yes the step charging method does indeed help 19t and stock. basically slightly higher voltage average and it helps mod because you see a significant gain in run time

did you race at socal last weekend? there are quite a few of the 19t and stock guys using this method

actually, I DID run @ So-Cal, but unfortuneately me & my buddy made a fool out of ourselves 'cause I had NO idea that all of the "locals" planned on runnin' 19 & stock, and stupid (us) wanted to run mod against the "locals", but we were the only ones signed up for Sports Mod class and guess what: NO one was signed up except us.........(damn) so they just grouped us up with easton, phillips and the other fast factory guys...(well I think you get the idea as to what happened the rest of the night)

I did have a great time, but I do wish I could have known the right classes to run ahead of time

next trip (possibly in 2 weeks) if & when I get the right equipment will drive down from Vegas and do a lil' stock & 19 turn with the so-cal "locals".....I see this is the only way I can get better:o :o :o

rocketron 02-21-2005 09:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: "step" charging

next trip (possibly in 2 weeks) if & when I get the right equipment will drive down from Vegas and do a lil' stock & 19 turn with the so-cal "locals".....I see this is the only way I can get better:o :o :o
yeah its a fast bunch and you do learn quickly :lol: :lol:

hope your able to come back!

POOKYT 02-21-2005 09:20 PM

Where did most of you guys buy your Advantage charger and how much are they going for? Thanks

Brant

ghoppa 02-21-2005 09:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: "step" charging

Originally posted by rocketron
yeah its a fast bunch and you do learn quickly :lol: :lol:

hope your able to come back!

I'll definately make it back (possibly 2 times) to do some testing in stock & 19 before the 1st race in the JBRL (which is @ So-Cal on Apr 17th)

any of the so-cal guys run Fantom motors????

JMBetticher 02-21-2005 11:45 PM

Ghoppa :
You would benefit the step for 19t serie. Using the step gives more punch. Is it what you looking for in 19t series ?

Silver spoon :
You can break-in your motor. The charger shows amp draw and voltage. You can also use it for powering your comm lathe.

Pookyt :
It's available in all good hobby shop and on-line stores.