Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I'm so flippin spoiled I have Stockton at a little less than an hour away from me in the winter and Speedworld ( http://www.speedworldraceway.com/Tra...ty_Picture.cfm ) At a mere 5 minute (yes 5 minute) drive from my house during the outdoor season
yes you are sucka !!!!!! plus gilroy is not far either Right ?
Old 10-04-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howard hudson
yes you are sucka !!!!!! plus gilroy is not far either Right ?
Gilroy's about 2.5 hours from me and Ripon is a little less than 1.5 hours.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Our local carpet track (http://www.stocktonrcraceway.com ) is going to foam for all classes but movice and sportsman stock (used to be all rubber except for mod), they got new carpet, same exact stuff as used at the IIC, and the track dimensions are the same. What were people using at the IIC for rollout for foam classes of:

1) Monster stock
2) Reedy 19T
3) Orion based (top) e.g. Redline 19T

I know what to do for rubber, but new to this foam stuff.
For the Monster stock I ran a 1.04 to 1.05 rollout with an f brush and purple/ purple springs.

For the reedy quad a 1.25 rollout and a ran 767 with purple/red springs.

Thats what I ran in vegas.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Gilroy's about 2.5 hours from me and Ripon is a little less than 1.5 hours.
Okay, I'll stop griping about driving 20 minutes to my local track.

Rob
Old 10-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That's not too far Harsh....
Old 10-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Advil
That's not too far Harsh....
??? ...I never said anything was to far ...crack pipe ...bad
Old 10-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s
For the Monster stock I ran a 1.04 to 1.05 rollout with an f brush and purple/ purple springs.

For the reedy quad a 1.25 rollout and a ran 767 with purple/red springs.

Thats what I ran in vegas.
So that's 26.42 mm for stock, 31.7 for reedy? Dang, I'll never understand this ...if I "convert" my rubber tire rollout (using 63mm) I was running 28.10mm for stock, 33.12mm for reedy ...is it your experience that you gear down when running foams vs rubber?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Out of all of the new photos I posted, there is one that is getting most of the hits.

Here it is
Attached Thumbnails 2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas-_dsc2027-large-.jpg  
Old 10-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
Out of all of the new photos I posted, there is one that is getting most of the hits.

Here it is
Hmmmm... wonder why? Which establishment was she advertising for?

Over
Old 10-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Hahahaha...mmmm...sex sells boys.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

"I don't do crack....crack is cheap....crack is whack. I would never do crack."
Old 10-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Our local carpet track (http://www.stocktonrcraceway.com ) is going to foam for all classes but movice and sportsman stock (used to be all rubber except for mod), they got new carpet, same exact stuff as used at the IIC, and the track dimensions are the same. What were people using at the IIC for rollout for foam classes of:

1) Monster stock
2) Reedy 19T
3) Orion based (top) e.g. Redline 19T

I know what to do for rubber, but new to this foam stuff.
Last Saturday, Ruben let everyone pick between running on Rubber and Foam for all TC Stock classes. More like how the IIC did it. Worked out fine.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Hi Everyone, Well I have finally gotten caught back up now that we are home, and I wanted to say a big Thank you to everyone who joined us for the 1st International Indoor Championship. I have read all the kind things that all of you have said, and it makes me feel very happy that everyone had such a great time. We all have many fun and interesting stories from our week in Vegas. I could go on for a couple of pages of what sticks out in my mind, But the racing was awsome,everyone had a great time. and we have already started to work on next years event. We will post the dates as soon as we get it finalized.
There are some great videos of the race that I saw on the Peakmotors.com site. Thanks to Pelle Martin for posting those. Also on RC50.com from Nashracer,thanks.
I must say again thanks to all of our Sponsors especially to Jack and Danny from Jaco/SMC for being our headline sponsor. With out there support as well as all of sponsors, this would not have happend. Thanks.
I know many of you followed along on the live internet feed. big thanks to Shane Archer from RCTECH.Net and Ampdraw hobbies for making that happen. I know you guys were tired of listening to me, but it was cool that everyone could follow the race at home.
I also want to give some props to my team who helped me make this happen. My Bro Boomer. for living on the net answering everyones questions, JW:John Wiedeman for all the website work and design work. Jamie Tennies for the OUTSTANDING Tech work and Track preperation, and to Charlie Suangka for the work on the track barriers and the great announcing when I needed to take care of the event. To Mike Lack,Tommy Dale, Jeremy Albrecht,Pete Dorn, Katy & Mike Aiello, Nick Bartaloneeeeee,Brian Miller. My Trackside gang who made everything run smooth, thanks guys. To Alex Cortez and Solomon Oh for going above and beyond the volunteer to help stage. As well as all the racers who steped up when we needed help setting up and the AWSOME TEAR DOWN. Thank to each and every one of you. Also to Doug Hay from RC Scoring Pro. The best scoring software on the planet. Thanks.
I know you guys are tired of my thank you's, but with out these folks, this event would not happen.
Again to everyone who joined us at the Stardust, thank you and to those of you who followed at home on the net. I hope you can join us in 2006. We will again have live internet in 2006 but with a few more surprises. I am also going to continue with my night time live interviews. I had a blast doing that and the feed back I received was that everyone at home enjoyed it also, so it will be back with even more interviews.
So stay tuned for all the info for the 2006 IIC. We will have all the dates and info posted in the comming months.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing all of you next year in the only city that can hold the IIC LAS VEGAS.
Take care,
Scotty

Last edited by Scotty Ernst; 10-05-2005 at 04:16 AM.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Last Saturday, Ruben let everyone pick between running on Rubber and Foam for all TC Stock classes. More like how the IIC did it. Worked out fine.
....I want to run foam, that's not the issue, what I was looking for was a "starting point" for a rollout number for those 3 motors as that's the motors I run, I know how to gear them for rubber on carpet, not foam though, I did a "reverse calculation" to what I am running as a rollout (using the world's favorite online gear chart creator www.gearchart.com ) with rubber tires, then created a rollout chart at the diameter I'm turning my tires down to, and will use that rollout as a starting point. From what I see I'm maybe a tooth off of what the fast guys ran at Stockton on foam last week, well except Aaron ...we're in trouble cause he was way undergeered and still spanked everyone
Old 10-05-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That was beyond "spanked"...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.