Search

2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
Well,

For what its worth, had I known that the motor that I was running was illegal I would not have run it. I have never cheated in any form, and certainly did not plan to start at a race of this caliber. A mistake was made and I ran a motor that didnt fit the rules. I was not trying to gain anything over the field in any way. As T.P. said there was no advantage over the rest of motors. The only advanatge was the car and the batteries. Regardless, I just want everyone to know that I was not trying to cheat and hopefully will not be labeled a "cheater".

Anyways, as a sidenote.. I would like to thank my sponsors for the support, and for anyone that wants to go to an incredible race, definetly check out the IIC next year. It was awesome, im glad I got to be a part of it.
The people that know you and Alex know that you are both class acts and you are not a cheaters....you don't need to be as both of you are plenty fast on your own.

See you at the On Road Nats!
Old 09-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i would have to agree... i didnt even hear about it til i got back, and it was all over the net. i think the same thing as most, was just an oversight, not an obvious "ploy" to win.... heck, Bobby, you are fast enuff on your own! congrats on the show!!!

i wouldnt think anyone would get a cheat label from this... i heard someone got a DQ for not going to tech immediately after a race.
Wes
Old 09-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Adrian: ...It's just a shame that after Bobby's armature was discovered, and Alex Lopez was informed by Chad that his armature was the same, (prior to his 19 turn rubber qualifier), he chose to run it anyway..and got caught and ejected. Poor judgement I guess...
Old 09-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Bobby, I don't know you personally but I do by reputation and I've raced with and talked to Alex a handful of times and I know neither one of you would have done that intentionally. There's no need to. In all honesty, I think the ruling was correct simply because a rule is a rule and needs to be followed and enforced. It just sucks for you two because someone else made the mistake, not you. I'm glad they decided to allow you to compete in your other class(es). I hope this doesn't brand either of you.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I don't think anyone should label Bobby or Alex as cheaters it was an oversight. I think though you have to applaud Scotty and the Tech crew for sticking with the rules set and making sure everyone is confident that this is the fairest race it could be. Last year at the Novak Brian Jucha was DQ'd after his TQ run in 19T because his arm did not have a tag on it, The motor was perfectly legal but the rules stated that the arm had to be taged. You have to give Scotty props on being consistant and not bending the rules no matter who the racer is. The incident is over lets just put it behind Bobby and Alex and celebrate the awesome success the IIC was.

I can not wait till next year so I can attend.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

One day I will figure the internet out....

I come on LAST week and say there was no performance advantage to running the c1 arm, so I offer up reasons why chad chose to do something like that....

I get called an idiot, told I am wrong....etc etc.

Todd comes on, says basically the same thing.....haven't seen anyone call him an idiot yet...

So where are the apologies?

Later EddieO
Old 09-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by EddieO

I come on LAST week and say there was no performance advantage to running the c1 arm, so I offer up reasons why chad chose to do something like that....

Todd comes on, says basically the same thing.....haven't seen anyone call him an idiot yet...

Later EddieO
No one has figured the internet out yet
people like gossip big time
soon be forgotten

i`ll say sorry eddie0
didn`t call you a idiot ,but i`ll say sorry anyways

Bobby
don`t dwell on it
just look forward to the next race

we had a controversial moment at our National meet re; marking of wheel`s with BRCA no.
soon forgotten & down the Pub
Old 09-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

To all of those who have been on this or any other thread talking bad about either Bobby or Alex you are cluless. Both of these drivers are class acts and certainly do not nned to cheat to do well or win a race. Let me clarify the reason they were DQ'd. Neither driver had anyhting but a 19 turn arnature in their motor with 2 magnets. The DQ came in because a C1 armature was used in a C2 can, thus making the motor a hybrid. That is the reason they were dq'd. Not because Booby or Alex ran 17 turns or quad magnets or cobalt magnets or whatever. Furthermore, the mistake was an oversight by someone else. As many have stated here, I hope this does not serve to tarnish the reputation of both of these great drivers.

Michael Abraira
Team Butter
Old 09-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
the pictures in the sunday photo gallery for vegas 2005 on www.rc50.com have about 50 from the trophy presentation.
I do not have the right software to view this the file type you have (".rm"). Do you know the Website for it?

PS: Actually, I like the MP4 files some people are using. Aside from being able to carry them and view them on a Playstation Portable (and probably my handheld computers as well), I can burn them on a DVD and view them on my Panasonic DVD player.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Later EddieO
Some people just want there to be a bad guy and when something like this happens they jump all over it and blow it out of proportion. You were a voice of reason that they didn't want to hear (unfortunately).

BTW- Congrats to Team br00d and Peter Robinson on a good week of racing. You're cars were all dialed. Just seemed like you had some tough luck in the mains.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MobileIT
I do not have the right software to view this the file type you have (".rm"). Do you know the Website for it?

PS: Actually, I like the MP4 files some people are using. Aside from being able to carry them and view them on a Playstation Portable (and probably my handheld computers as well), I can burn them on a DVD and view them on my Panasonic DVD player.

MobileIT,

Download the free version of realplayer. Nash's videos work on realplayer because .rm, .ram are real media files that only work on realplayer. Thats how I was able to veiw them.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
Well,

For what its worth, had I known that the motor that I was running was illegal I would not have run it. I have never cheated in any form, and certainly did not plan to start at a race of this caliber. A mistake was made and I ran a motor that didnt fit the rules. I was not trying to gain anything over the field in any way. As T.P. said there was no advantage over the rest of motors. The only advanatge was the car and the batteries. Regardless, I just want everyone to know that I was not trying to cheat and hopefully will not be labeled a "cheater".

cheater
Old 09-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Suspended

Later EddieO
OK, EddieO.

We're all sorry you're an idiot.

P.S. Love the motors!
Old 09-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Now....thats funny.

Later EddieO
Old 09-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
MobileIT,

Download the free version of realplayer. Nash's videos work on realplayer because .rm, .ram are real media files that only work on realplayer. Thats how I was able to veiw them.
www.real.com YES REAL PLAYER THE FREE VERSION it's in small print under the one that they want to you to get for $19.95

I use this as the file size is half the size of a avi mpg mov and the quality is not bad.

I'll post a direct link to the free version when I get home as the firewall here at work blocks free download pages

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.