Search

2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Well its like this=

I gave him 2 days notice that I was comming to vegas. Not the biggest of deals as he owed me friday and sunday off anyways.. Did they have a right to fire me? Maybe. Ethically? No way.

As I said, I never called in sick. The time I asked for off was all un paid and well in advance. I told him when i was hired this past winter that the fall is a very busy time of year for me and that I just moved here and do go home to NY from time to time. They claim I asked for too much time off. This time was=

Keith
Wow, I am proud to be a union worker. PACE-USW
Old 09-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Wow, I am proud to be a union worker. PACE-USW

Although the empployment was at will, they have a termination process. First offence is a verbal warning, second written, 3rd strike and your out. Seems to me i only took one pitch. Especially since i was just rewarded with a raise last month.

Rob Phillips= SERIOUSLY. i ofter asked fellow employees why they never organized. Apparently when ever someone tried to, that person got fired. A whole other law suit all together.

I was in the Phone company in NY... with any luck, I will get that job back once I get back to New York.

//KBpower
Old 09-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default eBay auction for Hurricane Relief

After the mains were over, I collected some items from some of the drivers to auction off on eBay. I asked the drivers for an autographed painted body from the event.

Chris Tossolini was the first guy in, he told me Thursday night to come over after the mains. He signed a body for me and that started the ball rolling. For those of you who have never talked to Chris, he is top notch.

Then I got a body from Current World Champion Marc Rheinard, one of the nicest guys ever. He broke his car in one of the practice heats on the first lap, and I saw him on the back of the drivers stand bent over laughing.

Then Atsushi Hara signed one of his practice bodies, and it just kept snowballing from there.

David Jun from Tamiya USA http://www.tamiyausa.com donated his Tamiya body. Then a few minutes later he brought over his ENTIRE CAR! This car is in MINT condition, with a LRP speed control, Futaba Receiver, and Futaba Servo. And then he came back a few minutes later with a battery and a Trinity motor. Both David and Tamiya are FIRST CLASS. Thank you David.

The bodies are going to be back here in Milwaukee in about 10 days, so I will post eBay information when I get the bodies.

As for David Jun's car, I brought that back in my luggage, so I will take a bunch of pictures and get that auction rolling in a few days after I catch up on emails, phone calls and sleep.

Also, a few teams said they would ship me some goodies, so I may have even more stuff soon. Please check back to this IntChamps thread often for details.

And if you would like to donate something for my auctions, please feel free to contact me.

I plan to give all of the money to the Red Cross.

a BIG "Thank you" to all who donated. I will list all of the racers after the bodies arrive back from Sunny (and HOT!) Las Vegas.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

best race eva.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default vegas

Dale - Thanks buddy! That mazda 6 was the perfect body - lots of corner speed and smooth!

I think everyone agrees with your coments about the event...Scotty and team just put on the best race event on the planet!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

fo sho.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:47 PM
The Evicerator

Next year let's get me an Elvis suit!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Illegal 19 turn

I was at the race, and the 19 turn arm in question was brought to me by Jamie for an additional inspection / second opinion. The arm was in fact a hemi wound arm, (perfectly legal) but was a C1 version, which doesn't have a comm lock, (not legal). Here's the catch: The only performance advantage someone would have running a C1 arm would be if they advanced the arm's timing by twisting the comm beyond the legal tolerance. This could be accomplished since there is no comm-locking device. Bobby's arm was not twisted/cranked at all, thus no performance gain was achieved.

Jamie and the IIC tech crew made the call that it had to be deemed illegal, as the rules stated C2 only, and the arm was in fact not a C2 component...even though no performance gain had been achieved.

If Chad/Trinity were going to intentionally cheat, the timing would have been advanced. It wasn't.

Scotty, Jamie and the IIC crew were faced with a judgement call, and based on their written rules, made the right call and stuck with it. It was unfortunate that a call even had to be made.

Regards,
Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
Old 09-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Wow....great race. Scotty Ernst and crew stepped it up to the next level on putting on a great race. LIVE internet coverage which more races need to have. Scotty was announcing how many people were online during the event. Every time I heard him it was over 200. Great announcing by Scotty, Charlie and Jamie....great job to all of you. The tech crew did a fantastic job even though they were wishing they would of raced....LOL. I am sure next year Scotty will have a problem finding some tech people.

The printed schedule was perfect. You could know exactly when you were up and you could schedule your battery charging to the T.

Buffets-We had two buffets that were included with the entry. Those were the two best meals I had all weekend. Unbelievable.

Track-Perfect...they glued the carpet down and there was never any problems with the track. The traction was low for the first roundi of practice however it came up quick after the foam tire cars ran. Maybe next year in practice we should run foam cars first then rubber....just an idea.

Drivers Stand-Perfect, and the huge sponsor banner behind it....AWESOME. Great job McMoney!

Racing-Dialed(which is better than perfect)-Great racing in all the classes. This has to be one of the hardest races in the world to compete at and it will only get harder since more oversea drivers will now make the trip.

RC Scoring Pro-Perfect, it is so nice to look at race control and see what the lap times are of the racers on the track, race #, and time left in that race.

Tire Sauce-I loved it. No smell of Paragon. I wish we could do away with Paragon and only use sauces like Jack the Gripper. Plus I feel normal the day after the race. I really think Paragon does something to you when you breath it too long.

Pit Area-Dialed, it was great to have such a big area to be able to have pits and the track in the same room.

I really can not think of one thing that was bad about the race....it was DIALED. I can only imagine what Scotty and his crew have up their sleeve for next years venue.

...Couldn't have said it better myself. It was DIALED to have the practice heats and times posted and copies distibuted in everyone's pits before the doors even opened to set up your pits.
Absolutley the best run, most organized race I have ever attended...

Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
Old 09-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Who won the races?

Or did you just skip the mains....
Old 09-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Shane posted the results on the previous page.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Todd Putnam
...Couldn't have said it better myself. It was DIALED to have the practice heats and times posted and copies distibuted in everyone's pits before the doors even opened to set up your pits.
Absolutley the best run, most organized race I have ever attended...

Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
10000% in agreement, the times posted and hitting them within minutes was the best ever, you could totally plan on doing whatever you needed to do (catch up an sleep LOL ) and know when to be back to run your heat.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Shane posted the results on the previous page.
Hey, thanks for trying to let me take 2nd in stock
Old 09-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Hey, thanks for trying to let me take 2nd in stock
You mean 19 turn? I tried to screw myself up at the end there.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
You mean 19 turn? I tried to screw myself up at the end there.
Oh hehe ..yea I mean 19 turn ...I'm still not 100% back yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.