Wiki Posts
Search

2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default TC3 TC4 Conversion Kit!!

Hello to everyone, This is Damon from Diggity Designs. If you drive an Associated touring car then you want to check this out, our webpage has been updated and will continue to be in the comeing months. If you are looking for a killer conversion kit for your TC3 or TC4 then check out our XLR8 conversion kit. Its all tricked out with graphite and aluminum, The car is perfectly balanced with 4 and 2 battery set-up, very tunable for different racers so check it out. Very Low center of gravity, new suspension geometry, new arms, etc.. Its basicly a new car.. It has been very fast in Michigan and Arizona!! Let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone have any pics of the losi's with the new chassie?? Or

A pic of barry bakers car???
Old 09-26-2005, 10:57 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Here are the full mains results from Sunday. I apologize for the delay in getting these up, we had just a few hours to tear down the hobby shop, track, and race central, and then we had to truck it back down here to the shop in San Diego.

Many thanks to those who tuned into the radio broadcast, we'll do it bigger and better next year.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Overall_Mains.txt (139.9 KB, 349 views)
Old 09-26-2005, 10:58 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default umm sort of

Originally Posted by drew85
Anyone have any pics of the losi's with the new chassie?? Or

A pic of barry bakers car???
sure
Old 09-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes I have pictures of the new losi chassis.... www.rc50.com I'll find the right pictures and post a link
Old 09-26-2005, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chill Will
Did you guys see the Bootay on the trophy girl?

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...tup&cat=&pos=0
Do you see how Marc is sweating? I guess he saw it too
Old 09-26-2005, 11:41 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Don't think that was sweat, it was probably champagne!

There were some great champagne baths on the podium, they're going to look great on the DVDs... haha
Old 09-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by futureal
Here are the full mains results from Sunday. I apologize for the delay in getting these up, we had just a few hours to tear down the hobby shop, track, and race central, and then we had to truck it back down here to the shop in San Diego.

Many thanks to those who tuned into the radio broadcast, we'll do it bigger and better next year.
Other than me actually being there to make it better, I would love to see streaming video to go with the streaming audio. Heck! Make it a Pay-Pre-View event and I would pay to see it.

Brant
Old 09-27-2005, 01:33 AM
Tech Addict

I had a blast as did everyone I'm sure. It was great meeting everyone.

With all the interest and ppl now wanting to go to the race, I was wondering if any thought had been given to how to do sign ups for the next race?

I would hate to see a raffle to get in and had heard in passing that Scotty would never want to do that, so thats good.

I was thinking/hopeing that there would be a 2 week opportunity given to all that go to the race the year before to sign up early. Just thinking out loud cause it would suck to see one or two of the ppl I went to the race with not get in, and yes i'm being selfish cause as long as I race I will be at this event. Scotty i'll paypal you now!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Other than me actually being there to make it better, I would love to see streaming video to go with the streaming audio. Heck! Make it a Pay-Pre-View event and I would pay to see it.

Brant
I would have done a video cast, but was not fully prepaired to even shoot video.......I am seriously thinking of setting up live video casting at a next big event.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Scotty I thank you !! I thank you for the experience, the chance to get into a big race like this and the way you handled things was top notch Thanks go out to all of the trackside crew and all the ppl who put the live feed up thanks to atsushi hara , barry baker, Mark R, and Matt Francis for letting me take pictures with them.

Again everyone, thank you
Old 09-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The good news is that in Vegas I had an awesome time= did very good (12th over all in Stock Foam), and found out my wife is pregnant!!

Bad news is it cost me my job! Fired as of this morning for going to vegas. This at a job where I made 30-35k per year and that I have NEVER called in sick. They claim my attendance was unnacceptable.. LMAO.. I NEVER called in sick, I was NEVER late.. unreal.

Good thing my wife is in Law School.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
The good news is that in Vegas I had an awesome time= did very good (12th over all in Stock Foam), and found out my wife is pregnant!!

Bad news is it cost me my job! Fired as of this morning for going to vegas. This at a job where I made 30-35k per year and that I have NEVER called in sick. They claim my attendance was unnacceptable.. LMAO.. I NEVER called in sick, I was NEVER late.. unreal.

Good thing my wife is in Law School.
Since she is in Law School take your old job to court for wrongfull termination.
If you called in sick while you were in Vegas than maybe you will be out luck but if you took vaction for the trip then...hit them up. Believe it or not they will offer you your job back just at the threat of a court case...It is way more expencive to go to court than them to just give you your job back...
It sounds like your superviser was looking to get rid of you for any reason..Maybe this is a blessing in desguise.
-Shookie <><
Old 09-27-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Since she is in Law School take your old job to court for wrongfull termination.
If you called in sick while you were in Vegas than maybe you will be out luck but if you took vaction for the trip then...hit them up. Believe it or not they will offer you your job back just at the threat of a court case...It is way more expencive to go to court than them to just give you your job back...
It sounds like your superviser was looking to get rid of you for any reason..Maybe this is a blessing in desguise.
-Shookie <><

Well its like this=

I gave him 2 days notice that I was comming to vegas. Not the biggest of deals as he owed me friday and sunday off anyways.. Did they have a right to fire me? Maybe. Ethically? No way.

As I said, I never called in sick. The time I asked for off was all un paid and well in advance. I told him when i was hired this past winter that the fall is a very busy time of year for me and that I just moved here and do go home to NY from time to time. They claim I asked for too much time off. This time was=

a friday and saturday in May to go home for my birthday
1 week in august to visit my mother for her birthday
the halloween classic weekend in October
Clevland
and a week a Xmas to visit family.

in exchange for these, I work 6, or 7 days a week (every other week) and I dont get paid overtime. Sometimes 14 hour days.

I will be contacting the department of labor about the back pay for the over time.

My work is like this, we get paid X ammount for jobs and we are not supposed to work more that 40 hours. My boss says to lie on your time sheet so that you can work more than 40 hours and make good money. This is fine if you want to work more than 40 hours. but I sure dont want to work more than 50. Most days I am out at least 10 hours from the time I walk into the office until I get home. Some days i dont get home till 7pm, and more than occasionally I will get home at 9pm.

the thing about it is that i liked this job. I didnt mind the blatent butt FU## on overtime... and my boss and I were suposed friends.. We have hung out socially on many occassions and well.. i kinda thought i had a get out of jail free card. Heck, i just told him last week that I would get him set up if he wanted to come toy car racing..

I am more than certian that when I bring this up to the owner of the company, on the other side of the state, my boss could loose his job. My wife ahs employment law today and will be consulting her professor who is actually quite well known.

looking quite forward to this.

Keith
Old 09-27-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Call me crazy Keith-but why would you be looking forard to a payng an attorney and fighting a court battle while your wife is pregnant, in school and your enemployed? Persoanlly-I'd be $hitting bricks!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.