Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas >

2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas

2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas

Old 09-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Awesome race Scotty! Absolutely the best run event you could imagine. I don't know how you're going to top this one next year but I'm sure you'll figure out a way. Now I just need some practice on carpet so I can actually learn to drive on it.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how about the trophy girl, hara, marc, and scotty??
this was the king of the hill award...

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...tup&cat=&pos=0

more later
Old 09-26-2005, 11:58 AM

Default NASH

Nash did you get any video of the stock touring foam a main you could post
Old 09-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ahh hara got a gair cut since the last time i've seen. and yes that is a dam* fine trophy girl/woman/lady
Old 09-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fjm9898
ahh yes that is a dam* fine trophy girl/woman/lady
YES she is !!! Arron Young your a lucky man !!!! from what I heard she even helps him pit his car NICE !
Old 09-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Vegas Babe

Update your shot record
Old 09-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just got back from the IIC.

In my 12+ year RC career I have been to a lot of races. Regionals, Nationals, self proclaimed Worlds races... ect... I have never attended a race as well thought out, as well run, as PROFESSIONAL as this race. Scotty Ernst is IMHO the race director of the CENTURY.

Just to give you all an idea of what I base this opinion on. It seemed as if he made it a point to learn peoples names. He walked around the pits on SEVERAL occassions asking the racers of lower abilities if they needed help, and then FOUND them someone to help them. Another for instance, was at the staging point of one race, a racer needed transmitter batteries. He was out of the scoring tower on the line helping the guy get it right.

All in all this was a great experience. This race is legions ahead of all others and cannot wait to do it again next year.

Extra special thanks to SMC for killer packs, Eric Anderson for keeping a wicked good motor in my car all week, Dale Epp for producing a WICKED GOOD carpet body in the G6, Corally USA for getting me the car in time, and ofcourse the IIC Crew for a GREAT job.

How about my buddy Martin Crisp?? Makes the show in MOD sedan against world champs??? TQ's and wins 19t rubber??? Still doesnt have an MSX???? Gees.

Keith Billanti
Old 09-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default Trophy Model

WOW!...
Old 09-26-2005, 01:09 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Simply the best race ever run.

Scotty this race absolutly set the bar for R/C racing.

I just wish I had a little more sleep.

That hobby shop was pretty awsome too, once they got everything out, great job.

I want to thank all you guys for all the hard work that was put into this race, It was well worth the entry fee. I can't wait tell next year. I learned so much at this race. Running on carpet is diffentely different, I gained a lot of respect for carpet racers.

I dont think the car they drove made a great bit of difference. Carpet seems to be a big time skill event, It really brings out the best in the driver.

Congrats to all the winners, they are truly the best in the World.

Thanks to Todd hodge and team losi for all there support at the event.

Thanks to all the racers and sponsers who contributed and help get this race going. I'm glad I was there to witness the first one.....

till next year
Old 09-26-2005, 02:05 PM
TLRacing

Default IIC Race Report by Todd Hodge

Wow....great race. Scotty Ernst and crew stepped it up to the next level on putting on a great race. LIVE internet coverage which more races need to have. Scotty was announcing how many people were online during the event. Every time I heard him it was over 200. Great announcing by Scotty, Charlie and Jamie....great job to all of you. The tech crew did a fantastic job even though they were wishing they would of raced....LOL. I am sure next year Scotty will have a problem finding some tech people.

The printed schedule was perfect. You could know exactly when you were up and you could schedule your battery charging to the T.

Buffets-We had two buffets that were included with the entry. Those were the two best meals I had all weekend. Unbelievable.

Track-Perfect...they glued the carpet down and there was never any problems with the track. The traction was low for the first roundi of practice however it came up quick after the foam tire cars ran. Maybe next year in practice we should run foam cars first then rubber....just an idea.

Drivers Stand-Perfect, and the huge sponsor banner behind it....AWESOME. Great job McMoney!

Racing-Dialed(which is better than perfect)-Great racing in all the classes. This has to be one of the hardest races in the world to compete at and it will only get harder since more oversea drivers will now make the trip.

RC Scoring Pro-Perfect, it is so nice to look at race control and see what the lap times are of the racers on the track, race #, and time left in that race.

Tire Sauce-I loved it. No smell of Paragon. I wish we could do away with Paragon and only use sauces like Jack the Gripper. Plus I feel normal the day after the race. I really think Paragon does something to you when you breath it too long.

Pit Area-Dialed, it was great to have such a big area to be able to have pits and the track in the same room.

I really can not think of one thing that was bad about the race....it was DIALED. I can only imagine what Scotty and his crew have up their sleeve for next years venue.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howard hudson
YES she is !!! Arron Young your a lucky man !!!! from what I heard she even helps him pit his car NICE !
She doesn't just "HELP" in the pits....She is his "Motor Builder". This is no B.S. I race with him regularly and Mandy is always doing his motors.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ahahah wow. that is a women all RC racers need.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T. Hodge

Tire Sauce-I loved it. No smell of Paragon. I wish we could do away with Paragon and only use sauces like Jack the Gripper. Plus I feel normal the day after the race. I really think Paragon does something to you when you breath it too long.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? i have tried to outlaw paragon at the birds for 4 years now! walter henderson and a few others were ready to kill me! and how many have told you paragon doesn't smell? todd hodge for president! now work on cleveland than the birds!!!!!!!!!!! i'll help in your cause... katf1sh
Old 09-26-2005, 02:20 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
how about the trophy girl, hara, marc, and scotty??
this was the king of the hill award...

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...tup&cat=&pos=0

more later
My God...that girl in the white pants is amazing...
Old 09-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Scotty can not get enough praise for how awsome a job he and his crew have done on this race.

From now on The IIC is THE PREMIER On Road race on earth.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.