Search

2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Hey Boomer whats up?

First......OK I am in for the poker game!!!!!!!!!!!

Second.......We all know that when you have a handout tire sauce there we always be someone who cheats...I have seen it too many times....whether it be at a U.S nats or at a race in Europe...I have seen,smelled it and so have others .......what was done?NOTHING but a slap on the hand and told not to do it again.....and they do.....

I know that you try to have a handout sauce but what happens when someone adds stuff to it.....the only way you can have a handout sauce is say you can use nothing....but we all know that will never happen(on carpet)

If you are going to use a handout sauce then thats good but you need one person(Iknow it will make it harder)to only look after tires.....if it smells like something else...then no go for that qual and a mark against your name..if caught again then you are out.....

That is just my opinion.....I just hate when some people cant play by the same rules....if you cant play the same ...STAY HOME!!!

I may have just gone off but people need to know what is going on at races that have handout sauces.......

I know this will stir up some conversation about it but heck it needed to be said........

BTW.....CANT WAIT FOR THE RACE,

Barry
Hey Barry,
What about a tire saucing table where people bring there tires and sauce them and leave them there it is up to them at amount of time they would like to let them soak. But then the race before thers they can bring their car up and bolt them on.(one person could watch this table) I know it sounds like a pain but this is a big race and things need to be run fairly.

Let me know your thoughts

Just an opion
Old 08-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Boomer whats up?

First......OK I am in for the poker game!!!!!!!!!!!

Second.......We all know that when you have a handout tire sauce there we always be someone who cheats...I have seen it too many times....whether it be at a U.S nats or at a race in Europe...I have seen,smelled it and so have others .......what was done?NOTHING but a slap on the hand and told not to do it again.....and they do.....

I know that you try to have a handout sauce but what happens when someone adds stuff to it.....the only way you can have a handout sauce is say you can use nothing....but we all know that will never happen(on carpet)

If you are going to use a handout sauce then thats good but you need one person(Iknow it will make it harder)to only look after tires.....if it smells like something else...then no go for that qual and a mark against your name..if caught again then you are out.....

That is just my opinion.....I just hate when some people cant play by the same rules....if you cant play the same ...STAY HOME!!!

I may have just gone off but people need to know what is going on at races that have handout sauces.......

I know this will stir up some conversation about it but heck it needed to be said........

BTW.....CANT WAIT FOR THE RACE,

Barry
Hey Barry
I Was wondering when i would hear from you about the poker

Scotty is deciding what we can do about this, but i like your idea of pre race tech hmmm.

How bad is it when guys have to cheat and still suck!
Old 08-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Might it be possible to have the cans clearly marked with a colored cap so it's easy to see someone is using the proper dobber. At each days end, the traction can be put into tech and handout out the following day in random order. If someone is cheating, then they will be passing along their advantage each day.

The only other option is to open it up to any odorless traction compound
Old 08-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well if you sauce tire on a table and then bolt them on that would be kinda cool but could never happen due to having to set your car up and check ride hieght and such..........but that idea is cool

I just think that you have to monitor the sauce very carefully....If I wasnt racing I would volunteer just to see the best and fairest race possible...

Just my .02$

Barry
Old 08-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Well if you sauce tire on a table and then bolt them on that would be kinda cool but could never happen due to having to set your car up and check ride hieght and such..........but that idea is cool

I just think that you have to monitor the sauce very carefully....If I wasnt racing I would volunteer just to see the best and fairest race possible...

Just my .02$

Barry

forget about the weak sause, get the three hour time limit out of the tourney..during the last 15 min. you will have EVERYBODY throwing there hands away to let the clock run out...if i were you guys at the final table and your the chip leader make a deal or you will be sorry...im a poker dealer shut up and deal...good luck barry...bitter
Old 08-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

P-DUB - This is being a major negative thought but, what if someone used proper sause all day, then poured something in it before they turned it into tech - just to ruin the sause for the next driver - I'm sure thinning it with alcohol or methanol might make it less effective....

I'm for sauce in tech. Sause your tires, put them with your transmitter and wait for your race. For rubber tires, tweak and tire sizes wouldn't be a big deal as rubber tires don't wear per say like a foam tire does. If you don't want to put your tires in tech then fine, wait until you are up, go to tech and sause them there..... That will be the only way to keep it fair as people always will find a way (or try to) get the upper hand.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong...
Old 08-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Or, people could not cheat? I mean your getting the sauce for free and it works awesome, lmao. But this is America, what was I thinking lol
Old 08-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Stephen....Its not just in the U.S ............Its everywhere......Look at professional sports right now.....If someone can get better by using illegal substances and not get caught they do...well atleast they used to...lol

I am just saying.....make sure the tech knows what they are looking for....
I do beleive this will be the biggest race not only this year but probably for many years to come....

Let me just state right now....I DO BELIEVE that Jack the Gripper is a good sauce I have used it many times....I just want everyone to use it....

I know for a fact that there are many non smelling additives out there that do work better on certain different tracks....

I know I HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER cheat.......I just hope that everyone else has that same attitude at this and other races.....

Barry
Old 08-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Barry- How goes it over there? and yea I know, not a perfect world. Sucks that some would have to do that. But hey, to each their own. Everyone gets theirs in the end anyways. I would have to say the teching of sauce is fine with me.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

What if someone runs illegal sauce, then that smell will be put on the track and the following racers will have a similar smell on their tires too, even if they use jack. so teching by smell is a touchy idea, something else would have to be done...it would be expensive but maybe a new can each day??, but then you could still have people putting the same "cheating stuff" into their can. The tire saucing table sounds like a good idea, but most people also peak batteries when they sauce tires, so there would be a need for outlets for line chargers...im sure with all our inputs, something practical and reasonable will be figured out.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:19 AM
Tech Master

Hi Everyone, Well it is hard to believe it is only a month away untill showtime!
Things are looking great for the event.
We have about 5 hotel rooms left on each day. If you did not book your room you may be to late! Call now 1-866-281-1034 use code IIC905. Stop reading this and call NOW! :-)

Stock motor info has been released. It will the the Trinity Monster Stock Handout motor, Chrome can.

For the 19T class I am trying to confirm that the Peak motor is EXACTLY the same motor as the Orion Element #20022. Until I can confirm that. Our posted rules of Chameleon 2 #RC2122. Reedy Spec 19 #513. and the Orion motor will stand.

Now to address the tire sauce issue. My reason first of all for having a handout non odor tire sauce is because of the hotel. I know at other events like Cleveland and Snowbirds it is not an issue. All the guests of the hotel for the week of the race are racers, not the general public, so smell is not an issue. Things are 100% different in Las Vegas. The hotel is already sold out for our week. Not only with our racers but 100's&100's of other people. So we have to use something that will not affect the conditions at the hotel for the other guests. Last year at the US Touring Car Championships(Novak Race) We used Corally Jack the Gripper as our control tire sauce and it worked great! Conditions stayed consistant throughtout the event. So I know it works awsome at a big race. Each racer will be GIVEN 1 can of Jack.

Now to address if someone will try and use something else. We will have a very experienced tech crew working this event being lead by Jamie Tennies.
We will abvouisly check the tires for any smell of different tire traction when they are in tech. I will have a many people in my staff that will be working this event with me. They will be walking through the pits making sure everything is ok and they will be checking to make sure nobody is trying to cheat. And there is one simple statement.
ANYONE CAUGHT RUNNING TIRE SAUCE OR ADDITIVE OTHER THAN TC2 JACK THE GRIPPER WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM THE EVENT. DONE! BA BYE!
Man would it suck come all the way to this race, get caught cheating and not be allowed to run. That would SUCK. So don't do it. Besides, there is going to be so much traction down on the rug that it will most likely hurt you to run something other than what everyone else is using. That should cover that topic.

We will have a new update to the drivers list in the next couple of days, I know there are some drivers not listed in all their classes. Hara and Surikarn should also be listed in Mod Foam and 1/12th Mod. Chris Dosek is also running 1/12th Mod. Plus there are some other drivers that need updates.

**************** POKER TOURNAMENT ANNOUNCEMENT*************
I really want to have this tournament on Tuesday night, but right now we do not have enough to do it, we are close, but we need some more entries. Buy in is $50 and prize money will depend on the number of entires. I am only allowing drivers,mechanics and sponsors to participate so we will have no ringers in. Sorry Phil Helmuth you cannot play! But we will have some ringers. Baker,Blackstock,Derosiers are all hardcore players, and Suangka always goes ALL IN right away so it should be an awsome event. If you are interested, please send an email through the IIC website saying that you are ALL IN. I hope we can do this, but we have to get enough by the end of the week.

Pit spaces. Each driver will get a pit space aprox 4'x2'. and a chair. EACH DRIVER WILL NEED TO BRING AN EXTENSION CORD AND POWER STRIP.

Practice will be run in heats. This is the only way we can ensure an even amount of practice for all racers. I know that this will limit the amount of pracitce you get on the track, but it is the only way we can do it and not make this a 24 hour event. If we would have controlled practice there is not enough time between 7am-9pm to get anymore practice than like in a heat format. Practice will be Wed afternoon, all day Thrusday. 2 quals on Friday,2 on Saturday and Single mains on Sunday.

That is about all for now. I want to give a big thanks to my Bro Boomer for being a Team Player and helping me answer all of your questions while I am away. Thanks Bro! As always if you need anything, just let us know. We are going to have a blast.
CYA Soon
Scotty
Old 08-23-2005, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Scotty, any idea how long of an extension cord we'll need?
Old 08-23-2005, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Worth
Hey Scotty, any idea how long of an extension cord we'll need?
It will be better to be safe. Bring a 15 foot orange extention cord.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer
It will be better to be safe. Bring a 15 foot orange extention cord.
Why specifically orange? I have a 15 green one and that is what I intended to bring. You have something against green? So, when is Margarita night? I never got a firm answer on this issue?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Why specifically orange? I have a 15 green one and that is what I intended to bring.
...man there's always someone trying to push the envelope on the rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.