Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USVTA Woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I dont think novak had a choice, their esc's kept starting on fire in boosted so at the time what else could they do.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
I dont think novak had a choice, their esc's kept starting on fire in boosted so at the time what else could they do.
Sorry...but i have seen more than a few tekins go up in a cloud of smoke also. Could be that people(racers/bashers) are putting to much timing into the motors and way more boost than is ever needed.
I hope there are company reps reading through all this bickering, and see the need for plain white bread,no boost of any sort reliable escs. On another note...i think a question and answer thread may be in order, where new folks to the class can ask questions without ridicule.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
..i think a question and answer thread may be in order, where new folks to the class can ask questions without ridicule.
On RCtech? Never gonna happen......
Old 06-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adamska27
The point of the motor discussion is that there will always be an advantage to be gained via money and time in the motor dept. However with the traction level down, those extra rpm will be wasted unless the setup is there too. And even if a guy has motor on you and you both have good setups one mistake driving will take care of any motor shortage.
There is a flaw in this logic, as those factors affect everyone. The difference is if my car is faster down the straight because of my motor, that is probably 2 tenths a lap (not signifigant, but not anything to sneeze at either. Now, barring any major accidents from either driver, those tenths add up to a lap+. If I could go into a race and start with 1 lap on the counter when everyone else had 0, I am pretty sure people wouldn't think that was fair. We have several drivers that are all fairly equal, and any given day, one will one over another. With dynos and battery IR testing and battery warming, some people are now pulling ahead of the others. Realistically, the only bearing this has on the discussion is that with the wide variation in motor numbers from Novak, I personally do not see why we can't have another option. This entire discussion keeps being pulled back to the speed of VTA and people going faster. You tell me it does not matter if my motor is better, because when i hit the wall, you will win. If that is true, why can't I run another brand motor as long as it is a 25.5?

Originally Posted by Adamska27
Bingo, anyone can pull an ESC out of their you know where for this segment. I love how people are saying they want to run product x when the manufacturer doesn't care about the USVTA segment.
I don't really have any idea, but I would personally doubt that it is that easy to poo out an ESC that would be on par with the time and development of an X-Drive or a Cirtix without having to do any development. Just seems like there would be more involved?

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
Sorry...but i have seen more than a few tekins go up in a cloud of smoke also. Could be that people(racers/bashers) are putting to much timing into the motors and way more boost than is ever needed.
I hope there are company reps reading through all this bickering, and see the need for plain white bread,no boost of any sort reliable escs. On another note...i think a question and answer thread may be in order, where new folks to the class can ask questions without ridicule.
My tekins never smoked, they just turned on one session with the 1,2,6,7 error code of death.

I would very much like a question and answer thread without ridicule, but it just does not seem to happen. Unfortunately, that is most of these forums. When you get someone new asking a question in a 900 page long thread, you are bound to get 5 people telling them to learn to search, 3 telling them to learn to drive, 4 telling them to run a different class, and 1 telling them that their question is futile, any dink with a 2-ply sheet of toliet paper and a ball point pen spring can win VTA.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Speed Passion blowing out Cirtix Stock Club ESCs for $46....

http://www.speedpassion.net/shop/det...?p=12280&c=ESC
Old 06-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

All I can say is out of all of this it is pretty stupid to tell someone to not run a class through all the bickering anyway you look at it.

Personally if I owned a track I would make sure people were running the correct motor, tires, and body. But if I guy/kid/girl etc doesnt have access to a certain esc I would make sure I tech'd that person before the race and if I saw there was an unfair competitive advantage then I would discuss the options. We need this hobby to grow. I'm sure if you have been racing for a while you can name a bunch of indoor on-road tracks that have closed doors or switched to off-road. I personally don't care to be running off-road all winter. If you live in the Illinois/Wisconsin area I know you can name two major tracks that were carpet that have changed over in the past decade. So from my aspect USVTA at a national level is one thing but at a club level is another. At a club level I would want everyone out there I can to be running and having fun.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NolanP
All I can say is out of all of this it is pretty stupid to tell someone to not run a class through all the bickering anyway you look at it.

Personally if I owned a track I would make sure people were running the correct motor, tires, and body. But if I guy/kid/girl etc doesnt have access to a certain esc I would make sure I tech'd that person before the race and if I saw there was an unfair competitive advantage then I would discuss the options. We need this hobby to grow. I'm sure if you have been racing for a while you can name a bunch of indoor on-road tracks that have closed doors or switched to off-road. I personally don't care to be running off-road all winter. If you live in the Illinois/Wisconsin area I know you can name two major tracks that were carpet that have changed over in the past decade. So from my aspect USVTA at a national level is one thing but at a club level is another. At a club level I would want everyone out there I can to be running and having fun.
Or as the case with AJ's(hands over hearts) great tracks become parking lots for semis.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by orcadigital
There is a flaw in this logic, as those factors affect everyone. The difference is if my car is faster down the straight because of my motor, that is probably 2 tenths a lap (not signifigant, but not anything to sneeze at either. Now, barring any major accidents from either driver, those tenths add up to a lap+. If I could go into a race and start with 1 lap on the counter when everyone else had 0, I am pretty sure people wouldn't think that was fair. We have several drivers that are all fairly equal, and any given day, one will one over another. With dynos and battery IR testing and battery warming, some people are now pulling ahead of the others. Realistically, the only bearing this has on the discussion is that with the wide variation in motor numbers from Novak, I personally do not see why we can't have another option. This entire discussion keeps being pulled back to the speed of VTA and people going faster. You tell me it does not matter if my motor is better, because when i hit the wall, you will win. If that is true, why can't I run another brand motor as long as it is a 25.5?

I don't really have any idea, but I would personally doubt that it is that easy to poo out an ESC that would be on par with the time and development of an X-Drive or a Cirtix without having to do any development. Just seems like there would be more involved?

My tekins never smoked, they just turned on one session with the 1,2,6,7 error code of death.

I would very much like a question and answer thread without ridicule, but it just does not seem to happen. Unfortunately, that is most of these forums. When you get someone new asking a question in a 900 page long thread, you are bound to get 5 people telling them to learn to search, 3 telling them to learn to drive, 4 telling them to run a different class, and 1 telling them that their question is futile, any dink with a 2-ply sheet of toliet paper and a ball point pen spring can win VTA.
I take it then that 1,2,6,7 is code for put me in a shallow grave ?
Old 06-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Actually Nolan ,telling someone that if the program isn't right for them they should consider a different class is probably the best thing to do. After 17 pages of "VTA Woes" do you really think a newbie reading this would be encouraged ?? More importantly the arguments seem to be going nowhere. Very little discussed is related directly to the class or it's rules. The arguments seem to be aimed at manufacturers who won't produce electronics that meet the need, general comments regarding attitudes as seen by an extremely small number of people, possible situations that can't be backed up with statistics regarding the quality of Novak electronics, and a generally negative attitude towards some individuals who've given a substantial effort toward the betterment of this class.
So tell me....after 17 pages.....just what has been accomplished other than a highly visible washing of our dirty laundry to every reader of this forum world wide ??

Last edited by Evoracer; 06-13-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Realistically, the only bearing this has on the discussion is that with the wide variation in motor numbers from Novak, I personally do not see why we can't have another option.

So what you're saying is that, no other motor maker has a wide variance in their motors? I would tend to disagree with that.

Look at it this way, by only allowing one motor brand, the racer already has the base motor components, if its a dud, they can easily buy a replacement stator, rotor, timing board, heck you can even buy the screws for the motor. I don't think there are many if any manufacturers that offer the stripped down motor components, maybe rotors, but not too many offer straight stator replacements. So in reality the program turns out to be a lot less money for the racer.

Also note that NOVAK also offers legacy replacement programs, trade in programs and refurbish programs, they even take in non-related items for credit on items. And thats not just for the VTA crowd.

And yes I do drive for them.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Actually Nolan ,telling someone that if the program isn't right for them they should consider a different class is probably the best thing to do. After 17 pages of "VTA Woes" do you really think a newbie reading this would be encouraged ?? More importantly the arguments seem to be going nowhere. Very little discussed is related directly to the class or it's rules. The arguments seem to be aimed at manufacturers who won't produce electronics that meet the need, general comments regarding attitudes as seen by an extremely small number of people, possible situations that can't be backed up with statistics regarding the quality of Novak electronics, and a generally negative attitude towards some individuals who've given a substantial effort toward the betterment of this class.
So tell me....after 17 pages.....just what has been accomplshed other than a highly visible washing of our dirty laundry to every reader of this forum world wide ??
WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS BUT DINO THIS IS THE SMARTEST THING I HAVE READ IN THIS THRED +1
MAYBE THIS THRED SHOULD BE RENAMED ESC WOES
Old 06-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
Speed Passion blowing out Cirtix Stock Club ESCs for $46....

http://www.speedpassion.net/shop/det...?p=12280&c=ESC
lol $37 dollar shipping....D'oh

ahhh you can also click the $7.00 shipping

Last edited by NolanP; 06-13-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: me missing the obvious
Old 06-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
lol $37 dollar shipping....D'oh
Yeah for FedEx.....

7.95 for USPS.....
Old 06-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Brand new Citrix on its way. Can't beat 52 bucks for a spare esc. Especially considering I can run it in 17.5 or 13.5
Old 06-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Yeah for FedEx.....

7.95 for USPS.....
Yeah as soon as I put in my zip too it dropped to 10.95.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.