Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USVTA Woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Not sure if I have time for everyone's suggestions... Between growing up, learning to drive, building a new car out of milk cartons, water wings and dry erase marker caps, dying in a fire, swtiching to another class, and upping my reading comprehension, there are only so many hours in a day...

If you read the above statement and sarcasm is foreign to you, please delete whatever you are about to post, and go find me some vampire spines.

Myron, if you are coming out Wednesday, I'd much rather have help with setup and driving instead of teching your car for anything.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
To anyone reading this who is just getting into RC or thinking about racing. All of this BS does not show up at the track. Everyone there is friendly and helpful and there to have fun. Don't let this thread turn you away. VTA really is as fun as it looks.
+1.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I want to start VTA racing this post would have no bearing on it. I just waiting to see if it starts in my area
Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeFrazer
I want to start VTA racing this post would have no bearing on it. I just waiting to see if it starts in my area
Still you cant help but wonder if someone sees all of this and thinks, "Uh! No Thanks!"
Old 06-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

I just look at it and think"If you don't like the rules run a different class or get your track to run ROAR rules".At my local track they went to full USVTA rules,I wasn't thrilled but acquired the stuff to run.It has added several new racers and we lost 1.Seems like the current rules package work fine.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jman
I just look at it and think"If you don't like the rules run a different class or get your track to run ROAR rules".At my local track they went to full USVTA rules,I wasn't thrilled but acquired the stuff to run.It has added several new racers and we lost 1.Seems like the current rules package work fine.
+1
Old 06-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

will trade 3.5 lrp, 9.5 thunder power, reedy 17.5, or a thunder power 17.5 for a usvta speedo.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
Why don't you guys just make this class 100% spec. hand out speedo, motor and batt? I know several guys that don't want to run this class because they already have so much "illegal" escs lying around. If VTA wants that much close racing at an affordable price, hand out electronics should be seriously considered.
Have you ever ran a handout series? Or been a race director?

People do things to handout stuff they otherwise wouldn't do to rented mules. The burden for what you suggest falls back on the RD, someone whos already overworked andunderpaid.

OR we could just adopt USVTA rules.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Have you ever ran a handout series? Or been a race director?

People do things to handout stuff they otherwise wouldn't do to rented mules. The burden for what you suggest falls back on the RD, someone whos already overworked andunderpaid.

OR we could just adopt USVTA rules.
Handout is cool but I agree when it comes to running Handout atleast with brushed anything was fair game.

Handout electronics is just crazy expensive. I would rather have my own stuff. My only thing is that I know a bunch of people who want to run the series but are running TC instead of VTA. Why it costs more money to run VTA that it does TC for someone who is in the hobby. Lets say you have somone switching from off-road to on-road most likely their esc isnt compatible. So they are going to run TC before VTA. Odds are they have a 17.5 motor and an esc that can run blinky. All they need then is a chassis and your done. You take the same concept and then to run VTA you need to buy an esc, motor, and a chassis.

I LIKE VTA its interesting to watch but my only complaint is the class is very limiting to people who are already in the hobby.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
I LIKE VTA its interesting to watch but my only complaint is the class is very limiting to people who are already in the hobby.
Everyone that previously had an old (somewhat 'worthless') touring car collecting dust in the basement or garage that's now running VTA with it may disagree.

It's also made a few companies happy by making some NOS parts needed again. It's a good class for a variety of reasons.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Handout is cool but I agree when it comes to running Handout atleast with brushed anything was fair game.

Handout electronics is just crazy expensive. I would rather have my own stuff. My only thing is that I know a bunch of people who want to run the series but are running TC instead of VTA. Why it costs more money to run VTA that it does TC for someone who is in the hobby. Lets say you have somone switching from off-road to on-road most likely their esc isnt compatible. So they are going to run TC before VTA. Odds are they have a 17.5 motor and an esc that can run blinky. All they need then is a chassis and your done. You take the same concept and then to run VTA you need to buy an esc, motor, and a chassis.

I was running off-road for about a year when I decided to switch to on-road. I was running 17.5 blinky buggy because it was supposed to be relatively equal. Well that wasn't the case. With the ESC's supposed to be in blinky mode there were people manipulating their speedos to blink even when using boost. Not sure which speedo they had. I switched to VTA because I never ran on-road and thought it would be a good transition. I found a good used chassis off rctech and bought the edge combo for 150 and was done. I was into it for under $400 bucks. I never once questioned the rules because they were just that"rules". Our track allows any 25.5 motor but I still run the ballistic. I have since joined 17.5 sedan and love it also. We all spend a ton of money on this hobby so I can't see why spending another $100 on an approved ESC is such a big deal. I have 2 Tekin RS and 1 RS pro. I use them in other cars and use what we are supposed to use. My car is 100% USVTA legal and I am still as fast or faster then some of the guys at our track running different motors and ESC's in blinky mode. I don't understand why this is such a huge deal to be rule compliant.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jerz616
I was running off-road for about a year when I decided to switch to on-road. I was running 17.5 blinky buggy because it was supposed to be relatively equal. Well that wasn't the case. With the ESC's supposed to be in blinky mode there were people manipulating their speedos to blink even when using boost. Not sure which speedo they had. I switched to VTA because I never ran on-road and thought it would be a good transition. I found a good used chassis off rctech and bought the edge combo for 150 and was done. I was into it for under $400 bucks. I never once questioned the rules because they were just that"rules". Our track allows any 25.5 motor but I still run the ballistic. I have since joined 17.5 sedan and love it also. We all spend a ton of money on this hobby so I can't see why spending another $100 on an approved ESC is such a big deal. I have 2 Tekin RS and 1 RS pro. I use them in other cars and use what we are supposed to use. My car is 100% USVTA legal and I am still as fast or faster then some of the guys at our track running different motors and ESC's in blinky mode. I don't understand why this is such a huge deal to be rule compliant.
I'm not trying to be difficult I'm stating my opinion. I have spent more than enough money on this hobby within the past two months. That includes 4 car kits, 3 Rs Pros, Batteries, Charger, Radio, etc. etc. I am personally tapped after I purchase my motors and the rest of my tires for the Nats for a little while on the hobby. Hense I said willing to trade motors I do have to get VTA legal but I am not going to spend any more money on a class other than 17.5, 13.5, and 12th scale until 2013. So if that means that I don't run VTA when we switch to indoors than I don't run VTA. If they do I will either trade a motor or I will be running a blinky esc. If I start beating everyone day in and day out I would welcome anyone to sit behind my computer and setup my hotwire any way they would like. (you know what I mean, not turning off forward)
Old 06-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking No woes at this track!!!!

Originally Posted by jman
+2 its working better at our local track as well

We tried this and it was a mess we had about 4 racers that just went on to run the TC class .
Using the USVTA rules we now have about 12 VTA racers that have no problems with the equipment we have to use.........
It's called conformity
If you want to get a drivers license you follow the rules take a test and get the License WHY do you follow the rules CAUSE YOU WANT TO GET THE LICENSE
If YOU WANT TO RUN VTA THEN FOLLOW THE RULES AND RUN VTA if not go run another class that has no rules and you will see why THE USVTA rules work !!!!!!
Just my 0.2

I love this class and if they said I had to use bla bla bla to race in it that is what I would do cause guess what so does everybody that want to race in it
Old 06-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm not trying to be difficult I'm stating my opinion. I have spent more than enough money on this hobby within the past two months. That includes 4 car kits, 3 Rs Pros, Batteries, Charger, Radio, etc. etc. I am personally tapped after I purchase my motors and the rest of my tires for the Nats for a little while on the hobby. Hense I said willing to trade motors I do have to get VTA legal but I am not going to spend any more money on a class other than 17.5, 13.5, and 12th scale until 2013. So if that means that I don't run VTA when we switch to indoors than I don't run VTA. If they do I will either trade a motor or I will be running a blinky esc. If I start beating everyone day in and day out I would welcome anyone to sit behind my computer and setup my hotwire any way they would like. (you know what I mean, not turning off forward)
Speed passion has the esc for $59 and some change. Here is the link. I understand the not wanting to speed money but if you want to race and be legal then tou will have to. My track is not up And running yet so I can wait to see if viper will have one since they already make a 25.5. The choice is fully yours. I can't wait to have a track that runs VTA.

http://www.speedpassion.net/shop/det...?p=12280&c=ESC

Last edited by MikeFrazer; 06-11-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Forgot link for esc
Old 06-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
Sorry I posted this says it all + 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.