R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New to on-road racing advice (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/635247-new-road-racing-advice.html)

lnc0321 06-06-2012 01:06 PM

New to on-road racing advice

Hello guys,

They are re-openning our on-road local track so I want to give it a try. I already purchased an Tamiya M05 for the mini class but will also like to try the 17.5 sedan class. Here is the question. I currently have and old Cylcone S for drifting that I can use. My question is my friend wants to buy me the Cyclone S. I found a good deal on a new tamiya TB-03. So what do you guys think, should I keep they Cyclone S or sell it to my friend and buy me a new tamiya TB-03?

Thanks

abdul basit 06-06-2012 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by lnc0321 (Post 10828230)
Hello guys,

They are re-openning our on-road local track so I want to give it a try. I already purchased an Tamiya M05 for the mini class but will also like to try the 17.5 sedan class. Here is the question. I currently have and old Cylcone S for drifting that I can use. My question is my friend wants to buy me the Cyclone S. I found a good deal on a new tamiya TB-03. So what do you guys think, should I keep they Cyclone S or sell it to my friend and buy me a new tamiya TB-03?

Thanks

The TB-03 and Cyclone S will offer very similar performance when stock. The Cyclone is better when upgraded to Cyclone TC level. The TB-03 will also be pretty good. You really can't go wrong with either. The TB will suffer from torque steer, but it's easier to maintain.

No matter how good the deal on the TB-03 is, I suggest that you buy a Sakura Zero S instead. It's newer than the others, and has many parts included that are optional on the others. Plus, you can upgrade it to Sakura Zero/Sakura XI level. Setup advice is pretty easy to get on the SZS as well.

tc3jp 06-06-2012 01:19 PM

I like the Cyclone.

MDRTales 06-06-2012 01:24 PM

A TA05 is your best bet as its very forgiving due to the belt drive for beginners is easier to drive.

nf_ekt 06-06-2012 01:31 PM

On asphalt, I've never driven a cyclone I didn't like, they work very well.

But maybe the Sakura, for the money, is not a bad idea. It should only require a few minimal upgrades (servo saver for instance) and otherwise is decent out of the box. For a newer driver, I can't imagine needing much more....

lnc0321 06-06-2012 01:37 PM

Thanks Guys,

How is the part support for the Sakura? Which stores sells them

???E-Racer 06-06-2012 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MDRTales (Post 10828286)
A TA05 is your best bet as its very forgiving due to the belt drive for beginners is easier to drive.

+1

Have not drove my TA05 yet, but if you wanna start with that before
venturing on to the more expensive TRF cars I highly recommend it.
Eventually I will but for now im sticking with my TA05 chassis.:nod:
My car has quite a few hopups on it but it probably doesnt even need it.

Here's a comparision to my 501x worlds edition.