Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GQ sponsored driver program - Now Open!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i agree... i dont really like the dish style. i try the regular spoke wheels, but they usually dont stay true, but these i can say with experience, are still straight! the track down in texas has genuine 4x4's as boards, and i did contact a few, you know, in the "interest of durabilty test"...

they worked great all weekend, hardly any wear, stayed true, and no chunking, till the last A... a guy pushed the body up on to the rear tires, and i think thats when they did it... happened in the first lap! still worked great thru the rest of the main...

oh yeah, i ran the Red/mag Mag combo... that track i would call "med bite"...
Old 03-26-2005, 08:18 AM
drx
Tech Regular

I ran another 8 packs in practice yesterday.

Still using the 26mm, 40s/37s combo @ 60mm. Not re-trued since last out - just cleaned with motor spray.

Again, negligable wear on a long (80'straight), fast, hi-grip ozite. One small chuck inside after a massive shot to the front. Minimal gunk load-up on the foam - wouldn't need to re-true before the next out unless it was a race and even then they'd be fine as-is. Rims are holding up beautifully.

Even better, the car is sick fast and damn-near glued to the track. My times showed that I could have made the A (tail-end) last week with these foams if had I been racing.

I was out with one of our regular ep mod touring guys and he offered to buy my spare set after taking 5 laps with my car! Then asked if I'd get a set or two for him on my next order.

These tires are SO frikken amazing. I can only imagine what the 28mm's are like, but if have to stick with the 26's, who cares?

I have to say again, that these foams are amazing, especially for the price. They hook up, excellent wear, and really srtong, too. I'd say the best-kept secret in RC racing ( but not for long )

Who said you can't run nitro foams on carpet? HA!
Old 03-26-2005, 08:25 AM
drx
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Turbonium
i agree... i dont really like the dish style. ..
I'm not crazy about them either, especially in white. They always look dirty.

The spokers look great - even in fl orange and these GQs definitely stay true.

What would be very cool is if you could get these wheels in black or gunmetal. That would be kickin'. But let's be real - lookin' good is one thing and going fast is another. Black rims won't make me faster - I'll just look better getting my ass kicked . I'll take fast over looks any time.

</DrX>
Old 03-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
I just want to comment on Joseph. Though I have not met him in person or talked to him on the phone. He's a pretty cool guy to deal with, and fast replies which always is a good thing.

As for orange wheels, it'll be dfferent to see a carpet sedan with foams. But I love the orange wheels on 1/8th scale, I'm so tired of seeing Serpent yellow and Mugen white wheels suck, you might as well call them black after a 1/2 hour main!

Can anynoe post pics of their sedan with GQ tires, please? We need pics in this thread!

Dom
\
Got to agree with litespeed I've spoken with joseph on a numerous times & he always reply back really fast & retuns my call it is always great to deal with him.
Look forward to the team having a great impact this upcoming season.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by drx
What would be very cool is if you could get these wheels in black or gunmetal. That would be kickin'. But let's be real - lookin' good is one thing and going fast is another. Black rims won't make me faster - I'll just look better getting my ass kicked . I'll take fast over looks any time.

</DrX>
Check this.....

Dom
Old 03-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

where did you find those? it's from the factory right?
Old 03-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Saw them on ebay.

Dom
Old 03-27-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well yesterday was suppose to be a touring carpet money race, but only 5 people showed up for some reason so we just had a practice day Tires were awesome, didnt chuck anything the whole day Had alot of compliments about the tires (I was the only there with orange rims ) They want me to order more tires for them.

BTW-

What tires do yall run on fronts and backs

Jason
Old 03-27-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by 710baby
\
Got to agree with litespeed I've spoken with joseph on a numerous times & he always reply back really fast & retuns my call it is always great to deal with him.
Look forward to the team having a great impact this upcoming season.
Joseph is really easy to get ahold of and he always takes care of people. His customer service is killer.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by JBennett

BTW-

What tires do yall run on fronts and backs

Jason
on the track i went to, i ran the Red-Magenta front, and Magenta rear... but some say the Black/grey front, Black rear is the way to go... its a little firmer. probably depends on the grip at your particular track...

oh yeah, i ran all the 28mm wide stuff.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
Check this.....

Dom

When where & How much ?????
Old 03-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Jack2
When where & How much ?????
Just email Joseph at his email on the very first post, he'll be able to get you hooked up with GQ tires.

Dom
Old 03-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Cheers !!
Old 03-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Looks sweet glad to be part of the team does anyone if rubber will be available soon?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Just got in my order for 1/10th touring so Im set for this weekend if it does not rain I will be testing them on a rough on road track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.