Originally posted by uaerc
I was reading the forum on Radiocontrol zone regarding the fastest RC car... since I am not that expert in electric i wanted to know is that, is it possible to make a 100mph electric 1/10 or something around the 100mph mark.
Atleast it will be the fastest in this area.
What would I need to start this project....
1. Kit... which is recommended for this type of car ? associated ae ??
4. batteries.... how many?? saw atleast 10-12 cells in that car.
I would like all the electric guys here to help me out with all the possible information to make this possible. I have to make something that will be remembered................
1. TC4 - Good shaft drive car, bulletproof drivetrain. Able to fit wide range of gears.
2. Hacker C50 E-Maxx / Acrobatic Heli brushless motor.
3. Hacker Master Car Sport ESC.
4. Go for 14 cells. All along the left side of car and on a specially made tray on the right mounted vertically. Adjust suspension preload accordingly.
5. Create plastic / Carbon fiber undertray that makes the vehicle "slick" underneath.
6. Pick a body that is very, VERY "slippery". Possibly an HPI Lotus Elise with a custom thin wing in the rear on a piano-wire mount for downforce. A small "lip" spoiler at the front that just comes over the undertray would be ideal for tuning front downforce.
7. A STRONG steering servo with EXCELLENT centering qualities.
8. Some type of "capped" tire for TCs. Maybe really hard foams.
9...Alot of luck!