Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
high end batteries, chargers, and radios. >

high end batteries, chargers, and radios.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

high end batteries, chargers, and radios.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by NinjaViper
I think too many of us get caught up in buying the best of everything, I was hoping that your were going to prove to all of us that are spending thousands of dollars that we don't need to. I was doing fine with my HPI Rally and TQ3, but no, that wasn't "cool" enough and now I am driving Xray and paying 3-4 times as much for parts and kits. I keep telling myself that my XR2 radio is good enough but I keep wanting an M8. Half of what we use is just for the bling and that is sad, but I don't see it going away anytime soon.
If you're talking about competitive racing, there's no way that an HPI Rally car can compete with an XRay. They're on two totally different levels. You get what you pay for. I agree that there are things that are available that are for nothing more than the bling factor. Aluminum suspension arms and battery braces, thing like that. Things that don't actually improve the performace of the car. BUT, good high quality batteries, good motor, high end electronics, etc... all will enhance the perfomance of the car. Driving is still the most important thing. But better equipment can improve your driving.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

AXEL
well the thing is i just don't want all the high end gear just for the hell of it, it's just I think its time I start upgrading to become a better driver. And also learn more

Take this from the master (me)
You will become a better driver not buy throwing money at it like us mugs

you will be a better driver learning the setups & adjustments on your car at different tracks

You can have the best of the best but if you drive like a moron (me) your will reflect your moron driving (it will be everywhere)

Learn setups, there`s more speed in your car then you relise

order of merit cheapsest first
setups (free)
charger
batts (price reflects how many you buy)
speedo
radio (3PK) the best
Old 02-19-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Axel, everyone here has givin' you some great advise. The only thing I would add is ask around the pits for used equipment. If someone just bought a GFX they may have older Pitbull cheap.
My 2 cents, Good Luck!
Old 02-19-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

promatch batteries has good prices.
get a synthesized radio.
get a power supply for your chargers. you will have more choices for a charger.