Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help for a brushless nubee

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Help for a brushless nubee

Hi people, im new to this forum and completely new to the world of electric rc! I have quite a lot of experience with nitro 1/10 but thats about it.

Basically i want something fun and fast, and nice to look at when im not using it. I think im going to get into some 1/18 as its a cheaper.

I really like the look of the M18 with the Motek Panther Chassis, anyone had any experience?

As suggested in the title im going to put a brushless motor in it and my searching has lead me to the wonders that a Mamba Competition X can give me!
Also the idea of Li polly batteries is attractive but some peaple recomend different setups (ie number of cells, voltage and capacity). I would like reasonable runtimes...30mins would be good if at all possible?

Basically i want it to go FAST!

So here is where you come in.

I need to know everything to do with running and maintaining brushless systems.

Also everything to do with batteries, do i go for the lipollys concidering my experience?

Do i need above 1100mah to stop the 'cogging' effect, ive heard some very different views.

What charger would i be looking at?
What connections should i use, and what guage wire?
Do i need to add extra capacitors?

What should i look out for in terms of motor and battery temperature?

And anything else!

Ive done a lot of searching around already and its quite daunting for a complete nubee. Im sure there are many more people out there with the same questions so this could turn into some definitive 1/18 brushless thread to solve anyones (and my) questions. (this is what forums are about isnt it?)

Many thanks in advance
Old 02-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This site isn't too much into brushless and 1/18th's. I would suggest you look around the posts at these two places.

http://www.one18th.com/

For micros.

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/f...play.php?f=335

For brushless.