R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   what can you do to stop a twitchy front end on carpet (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/63291-what-can-you-do-stop-twitchy-front-end-carpet.html)

tc3 racer sc 02-14-2005 09:22 PM

what can you do to stop a twitchy front end on carpet

what can u do to stop a twitchy front end when driving on carpet the car felt like i could not drive it this past week end at the birds i tried dual rate,camber,turn dwn steering expo just felt skatey for the tc4/pro4 plse help need to be a better carpet driver

mb racer 02-14-2005 09:24 PM

set up ...

please post your set up and you might get a better response .. :D

tc3 racer sc 02-14-2005 09:33 PM

Re: set up ...

Originally posted by mb racer
please post your set up and you might get a better response .. :D
tc4 setup was purple springs camber links all in on tower 2hole from tower and hub 60 wght 3 piston 2degree c hub rear cooper 4o wght shock out on tower links all the way in 3,0 rear toe standard spacer on rear

Korey Harbke 02-14-2005 10:07 PM

rubber tires or foam tires?

-Korey

MManson 02-15-2005 06:31 AM

he said he was at the birds.. i'd guess foams...

i had that problem, playing around with the upper shock mounting positions helped some, as well as going from purple to magenta on the rear.

Neil 02-15-2005 06:35 AM

Are you running any toe in the front? I try to keep mine close to zero as possible too much toe out makes my car twitchy too. Maybe soften up the front a little too. If there is too much body roll try a swaybar.

brianrice 02-15-2005 06:45 AM

Glue?

Did you try super glue on the sidewalls of the tires?

What tire size were you running?

When the traction is high (Snowbirds, Cleveland, Novak, etc...) it is to your advantage to run your tires as small as you can. At Cleveland this past year, we were starting them at 2.24" and letting them wear down from there.

Chazz 02-15-2005 06:50 AM

If you've an adjustable handset, turn the steering down a bit :nod:

Chazz

tc3 racer sc 02-15-2005 06:08 PM

Re: Glue?

Originally posted by brianrice
Did you try super glue on the sidewalls of the tires?

What tire size were you running?

When the traction is high (Snowbirds, Cleveland, Novak, etc...) it is to your advantage to run your tires as small as you can. At Cleveland this past year, we were starting them at 2.24" and letting them wear down from there.

hi i had the tires glued tires were at 2.24 did all that stuff i was so tired at the birds i brk my antena of the helio had to go to bck up radio the mars ko

wannabee 02-15-2005 06:17 PM

If you tried all of the above you can always turn down your steering speed in the radio...A lot of times in high bite I will do this to smooth out the steering and make the car easier to drive...

Just a thought...

Good luck!

Kevin

vtl1180ny 02-15-2005 07:34 PM

What body???

You can also try running a little toe out....