Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
how to setup the spektrum >

how to setup the spektrum

how to setup the spektrum

Old 02-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default how to setup the spektrum

I got the new spektrum for the M8 and I'm clueless on how this thing gets setup.

Its going in a X-ray with Gt-7 I got no throttle but I do have steering and my personal transponder light comes on.

I used the manual to set it up. And kind of got lost. I took it back to the LHS and they just looked at me said they never set one up before. Can someone give me a step by step on how to set it up ?

Thanks Guys
Old 02-16-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Are you sure your ESC is plugged into the right channel?
Or is the ESC set up according to instructions?
Sorry but this is only thing I can think of.

To setup, I 'm quoting this from memory so it may be wrong:
Step 1. Hold setup button on receiver while turning on receiver, then turn on radio.
Step 2. Hold setup button on radio while turning it on, then turn on reciever.

Keep radio and receiver within 5 feet of each other, best to have them side by side.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I did that it acts like the fail safe is on?. How do you setup the failsafe.

Both lights one on the radio and one on the receiver are soiled green.

Thanks for the info
Old 02-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

I just want to say that the www.spektrumrc.com homepage is especially unhelpful with this problem. You can't even find a manual to download.

I'm betting that the ESC is plugged in the wrong channel on the receiver. If I had dollar for every time I've seen mistake like that I could buy my own Spektrum. Remember that the bottom plug is for battery.

Try pluggin the ESC in the steering channel and see if it works when you wiggle the wheel. Try plugging the steering in the throttle channel and see if the car steers when you move the throttle. Remember that the bottom plug is for battery. Try the third channel too.

The failsafe, if memory serves correctly, is the position the throttle and steering are in when you turn on the radio to lock it to the receiver.

Should all else fail you should send the receiver back to Horizon.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default how I sinc my Spektrum

Setting up the Spektrum

1. Make sure everything is connected properly but make sure the power on the receiver and transmitter is off.

2. Push the small botton on the reciever then turn the switch on until the LED flashes.

3. Put your finger on the Brake Position (trigger)
Keep the Steering on neutral. While pushing the botton on the Spektrum Module, switch the transmitter on. The LED will flash momentarily then both LED's will turn solid. Your Spektrum is now in sinc.

4.You only do this one time unless you are getting another receiver for other cars then you have to redo this process. but you will not lose the once for the other receivers.

5. It should be a very easy procedure.