Old 03-07-2017, 08:27 PM   #811
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up 2WD MOD/UPGRADE INFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudin4evr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle84 View Post
According to Yeah Racing the new Sprint 2 RWD package will include wide angle steering to replace the stock steering system. Here's hoping its sliderack.
https://driftmission.com/yeah-racing...-hpi-sprint-2/
Very nice contribution to the thread gentlemen.
Thank you for sharing -
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:38 AM   #812
Tech Rookie

always thought these would be a good rwd
gravediggerNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:34 PM   #813
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravediggerNZ View Post
It all depends on how to balance everything.
IIRC, the Silk Purse was tail heavy.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:48 PM   #814
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravediggerNZ View Post
I got curious about this myself. So, I removed the front dogbones, zip-tied the battery to the rear, and made a few runs. I loved it so much that I removed the front belt permanently and ordered the Yeah Racing rear battery holder a few days ago (hasn't arrived yet). I'm still using the stock 15T brushed motor. It requires smooth steering and throttle inputs, but it's very satisfying for me to drive. Now I'm just trying to figure out whether I should replace the brushed motor with a 21.5 or 17.5 brushless.
Colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #815
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbynobo View Post
I got curious about this myself. So, I removed the front dogbones, zip-tied the battery to the rear, and made a few runs. I loved it so much that I removed the front belt permanently and ordered the Yeah Racing rear battery holder a few days ago (hasn't arrived yet). I'm still using the stock 15T brushed motor. It requires smooth steering and throttle inputs, but it's very satisfying for me to drive. Now I'm just trying to figure out whether I should replace the brushed motor with a 21.5 or 17.5 brushless.
Most deinitely...
Old 06-08-2017, 07:36 AM   #816
Tech Rookie

I have a front belt rubbing question (most informative thread so I figured I ask here) I have a Sprint 2 Drift,the first drift kit that was released. I've never run this car but now that I'm about to I noticed the front belt is rubbing on the frame really bad by the battery. The kit was purchased new, assembled, with no electronics.
RallyPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #817
Tech Regular

You should do the front belt tensioner mod. I believe it's documented earlier in this thread. It requires a long screw, a nut, a couple washer and a couple bearings. It's very simple to do. Sorry, I can't remember the specific sizes you need. I did mine like 4 years ago now.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:03 AM   #818
Tech Rookie

Because where I live the streets are not very flat, I needed to rise the height of the car a bit. I looked for official "shock riser rings" for the suspension but I couldn't find anything so I went to the local garden hardware store and found these sweet rubber rings that fit perfectly. For 0.10 cents each is a very nice "mod" :-P
Attached Thumbnails
HPI Sprint 2 Mods - Making a silk purse from a sow's ear.-p1110661.jpg   HPI Sprint 2 Mods - Making a silk purse from a sow's ear.-p1110662.jpg   HPI Sprint 2 Mods - Making a silk purse from a sow's ear.-water-ring.jpg  
Bob Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:44 PM   #819
Tech Rookie

Hello, I'm having trouble keeping the car going straight. I set the steering trim, I did the mod that kills some of the front wheel sloppy-ness but it looks like the stock servo or something else can't keep the wheels completely straight when I run. For example when I turn left it keeps taking a left course and then I steer back right and when I let go it tends to go to the right. It's even hard to run even half speed. What should I do? Get a new servo?
(I am also waiting for some RPM ball ends to arrive)
Bob Corey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hpi, sprint 2