R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #616
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,292
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWest View Post
Hey Marv

What ESC do you recommend?

I want one that will give me NO problems
There really is no easy answer to this, everyone has a different need and requirement, as well as what they expect from an esc within their budget.

I see a lot of sensorless systems in my area for the general use crowd on a budget, and with the smaller size of some, it makes it easier for some to fit the small space that is available.

The voltage you are going to want to run is also a factor for ESC selection as well as motor. Not all ESC's can handle high KV motors at high voltage. Some will also be brand specific in the sensored motor category due to motor temperature sensors and feedback conflicts from the sensors.
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #617
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 34
Default

Thanks!

I guess it will have to be a trial and error sort of thing LoL
__________________
It's better to burn out than to fade away
WarWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #618
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 34
Default

Also can anyone explain this "castle link" more in detail?
__________________
It's better to burn out than to fade away
WarWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #619
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWest View Post
Also can anyone explain this "castle link" more in detail?
Castle Link is a program you download and a cable you buy that allows you to plug your Castle brand (virtually any model) ESC into your computer and make tons of adjustments. You can change total power output, brake force, drag brake etc. in 1% increments as well as set custom throttle and brake curves and setup LiPo cutoff among many other things. It's the best investment you can make if you're running Castle brand ESC and motor.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #620
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 258
Default

This will only work (as far as I know) with Castle electronics, including the re-badged Castle electronics like you see come stock with HPI RTR's.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #621
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,292
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWest View Post
Thanks!

I guess it will have to be a trial and error sort of thing LoL
It doesn't have to be.

How much would you like to spend on a system and are you planning on 2s or 3s lipo?

How much adjustability would you like to have?

Waterproof/resistant or doesn't matter?
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #622
Tech Addict
 
Marv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ORD
Posts: 696
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWest View Post
Hey Marv

What ESC do you recommend?

I want one that will give me NO problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
There really is no easy answer to this, everyone has a different need and requirement, as well as what they expect from an esc within their budget.

I see a lot of sensorless systems in my area for the general use crowd on a budget, and with the smaller size of some, it makes it easier for some to fit the small space that is available.

The voltage you are going to want to run is also a factor for ESC selection as well as motor. Not all ESC's can handle high KV motors at high voltage. Some will also be brand specific in the sensored motor category due to motor temperature sensors and feedback conflicts from the sensors.

Thanks eric!
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #623
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
It doesn't have to be.

How much would you like to spend on a system and are you planning on 2s or 3s lipo?

How much adjustability would you like to have?

Waterproof/resistant or doesn't matter?
Money doesn't matter, 2s

As much as I can get

Doesn't matter

Thanks for any help
__________________
It's better to burn out than to fade away
WarWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #624
Tech Regular
 
mrjudd77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 251
Default

I have just put a new motor and esc into my car. They both come from HobbyKing. ESC is the 60a sensored type US$26.32 (XCAR) which is the same as the HobbyWing one (it uses the HobbyWing USB v3.3 for programming). Also the motor is a 10.5T Trackstar US$30.63 plus postage of a few dollars.

HobbyKing is usually very good for price and you will be hard pressed to find better. Each product has reviews and you also collect loyalty rewards based on the number of orders that you make over time.

Hope this helps
__________________
HPI Sprint 2 Flux (second ed.) Porsche 911 GT3 (sold)
Spec-R S-1
Spec-R R-1
http://au.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/index/r/yc8/1wmmuv8/s/tx/cx/1/
mrjudd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #625
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North jersey
Posts: 495
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

So I just got my sprint 2 flux yesterday and so far I love just wondering if they sell a kevlar rear belt or a stronger belt than the stock one and if so where can I get one?
__________________
Hpi vorza
e-revo bl
slash 4x4
salabarria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #626
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 258
Default

not sure if it's Kevlar, but they sell some reinforced belts for the S2 on eBay and asiatees.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #627
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salabarria View Post
So I just got my sprint 2 flux yesterday and so far I love just wondering if they sell a kevlar rear belt or a stronger belt than the stock one and if so where can I get one?
Front:

http://www.toughracing.com/zc126d/in...oducts_id=2037

Rear:

http://www.toughracing.com/zc126d/in...oducts_id=2036

Both kevlar
__________________
It's better to burn out than to fade away
WarWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #628
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 34
Default

Any recommendations for servos on the Sprint 2 flux?
__________________
It's better to burn out than to fade away
WarWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #629
Tech Addict
 
Marv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ORD
Posts: 696
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWest View Post
Any recommendations for servos on the Sprint 2 flux?
I'm using the Savox 1257 MG -

But make sure you use capacitor / aka glitch buster -

There are several options in an earlier post on this thread -


Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #630
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,292
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWest View Post
Any recommendations for servos on the Sprint 2 flux?
Tactic now has some pretty reliable and affordable servo's as well. The spline is the same as Futaba.

http://www.tacticrc.com/servos/index.html
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
hpi, sprint 2


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0