Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tc3/tc4

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tc3/tc4

I currently own a Tamiya TT-01, it is my first car and Im quite pleased with it, Ive ordered a few hop-ups to add mainly durability and problems with the car. Ive stuck with the kit motor and Im in the process of gearing it down for more top speed to be more competitive in my Tamiya class. We run on an indoor carpet track and I run foam tyres. I am hoping to stick with the TT-01 till later this year maybe even into next year but Im already browsing around for cars and the next class is stock where the xrays and trf's run so Im gonna have to change my car. I have been directed to the TC4 as its a new car, parts available at my shop and easy to setup. However Ive came across some used TC3's with various carbon fibre chassis which look rather appealing aswell as being half the price the TC4 is. My question is, is the TC3 competitive enough or would I be better spending the extra $110 on a TC4, im from the UK so obviously shipping is an issue so prices need to keep down making the TC3 an even better option. So would the TC3 be good with a BMI or IRS chassis?
Old 02-12-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

First off, welcome here i see its your first post, second, there are a ton of people asking that same question, do some searches.

but yes i think the TC3 even in stock form without an aftermarket chassis can compete with all the newer more exspensive cars, and parts are still everywhere and will be for yrs, and if not, you can put most tc4 parts on your tc3. i should know, i have a tc3.5 tc4 chassis braces, shock towers and diff cases on my tc3
Old 02-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Wow, thanks for the fast reply, Ill use the search again next time, my only worry about ebay is lots of people complain about stripped threads etc and if there is on the bmi or irs chassis I cant really afford a new chassis at $120 a pop.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

i got tc4 and it is great car adn very competive i would recomend it
Old 02-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

the tc3 would be fine. i have a FTTC3 and as soon as i put my brushless motor in it........wow it hauled..it would be amazingly competetive with those guyz that run at the track.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

KK thanks guys. Im gonna try improve my driving and crash alot less so If I do get a carbon fibre car it wont be as succeptable to tweaking or cracking. Thanks anyway guys. Hopefully I can sell my TT-01 when I ened to for around $100.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Welcome to R/C Tech. If you're looking for a TC3, get a regular version, not the FT version, the graphite accessories can break easily. (I have learned the hard way ) I have a TC3 right now, and I've upgraded it a little bit, and it works really nicely. I am VERY pleased with it. Just thought I'd give you some feedback on it. It's a very common car, and parts are a sinche (I probably spelt that wrong) to find. The TC4 looks good too. I have a TC3, and I have had NO problems at all. The only minor issue I had with it, was the rear hubs kept breaking. But thats because I kept crashing. You should work on your driving skills first, and learn some lines on your local track. Then upgrade to a car like the TC3 or TC4. The key is being consistent. I have heard that so many times, but it's so true. If you can pull off consistent laps without wrecking, you're doing good. It's all about throttle control and steering. Best of luck to you. And if you need tips, send me an IM, or make a thread on needed tips. There are so many people on R/C Tech that can give you a hand. Theres so much information that people out there have. And again, best of luck to you. And as you were saying about the carbon fiber chassis, I have the stock chassis, and it hasn't warped, cracked, or anything. You can have a bone stock car pretty much, and somewhat compete with the best of them. My advice would be to get a used TC3, or buy the TC3 racer kit, get a couple upgrades, like CVDs, aluminum center shaft, and some spare rear hubs, it's so worth it. And get some nice foam tires. Like Speedmind's, Jacos, Team Orion, etc. Ask around on what compound tires you should use and the type of traction compound to use, if your track requires traction compound. If you have any more questions, send me an IM, my screen name is ThePerfctGetaway. If you have AIM or AOL, send me an IM. And hope this post helps you out.

Last edited by ThePrfctGetaway; 02-12-2005 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, I have very consistent laps, my fastest lap and average lap are within 1 second of each other. Its a TT-01 not a TL-01,I should know.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

You're right, my bad. I'm used to hearing TL-01 around where I am, so I'm used to people have TL-01's, not TT-01's. Sorry about that little mistake.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

It's okay, many people are onyl aware of the TL-01, sometimes when I ask at the LHS they get TL-01 parts. ANyway, the reason I was looking at the TC3 as if I can get a cheap one with loads of FT parts and prefferably a CFibre chassis for under the price of a new TC4 then Id choose it.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hmm, with a CF chassis?? I don't know, you may run as much as a TC4, if not, more than. Keep checking eBay though, you never know what you may come across.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Ive came across a few but my money is low as I am only 14 and I dont think Ill be seriously looking for one for a few months
Old 02-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ohhhhhh....
Old 02-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ThePrfctGetaway
Welcome to R/C Tech. If you're looking for a TC3, get a regular version, not the FT version, the graphite accessories can break easily. (I have learned the hard way ) I have a TC3 right now, and I've upgraded it a little bit, and it works really nicely. I am VERY pleased with it. Just thought I'd give you some feedback on it. It's a very common car, and parts are a sinche (I probably spelt that wrong) to find. The TC4 looks good too. I have a TC3, and I have had NO problems at all. The only minor issue I had with it, was the rear hubs kept breaking. But thats because I kept crashing. You should work on your driving skills first, and learn some lines on your local track. Then upgrade to a car like the TC3 or TC4. The key is being consistent. I have heard that so many times, but it's so true. If you can pull off consistent laps without wrecking, you're doing good. It's all about throttle control and steering. Best of luck to you. And if you need tips, send me an IM, or make a thread on needed tips. There are so many people on R/C Tech that can give you a hand. Theres so much information that people out there have. And again, best of luck to you. And as you were saying about the carbon fiber chassis, I have the stock chassis, and it hasn't warped, cracked, or anything. You can have a bone stock car pretty much, and somewhat compete with the best of them. My advice would be to get a used TC3, or buy the TC3 racer kit, get a couple upgrades, like CVDs, aluminum center shaft, and some spare rear hubs, it's so worth it. And get some nice foam tires. Like Speedmind's, Jacos, Team Orion, etc. Ask around on what compound tires you should use and the type of traction compound to use, if your track requires traction compound. If you have any more questions, send me an IM, my screen name is ThePerfctGetaway. If you have AIM or AOL, send me an IM. And hope this post helps you out.

Holy crap, did you write that or did someone kidnap you and replace you with an imposter??????

Hahahahaha....

My jaw dropped.....

Get your a$$ over here, I cleaned off my desk and once my hudy goes away I'm not letting you use it... hahahahaha
Old 02-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If your not looking to spend heaps of money I think the TC3 is the way to go. I mean I sold my tc3 graphite roller for 85 dollars. (actually hasnt sold yet..) But I think that investing in a TC4 would cost you a little more to be competitive with cars such as the X-ray and TRF's. Not saying it cant because I love mine, but Ive put full graphite and about to start with the BMI stuff. It adds up quick. I think you could find a TC3 FT or just a graphite roller for cheap, and dont let anyone tell you it cant win. Just check recent race results...still winning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.