R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Protoform Stratus 2.0 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/6276-protoform-stratus-2-0-a.html)

coolrcdad 07-07-2002 08:43 AM

Protoform Stratus 2.0

Anyone run this body yet? Impressions? Thanks.

Sigearhead 07-07-2002 01:41 PM

Stratus 2.0

I can only tell you what I have experience with the body indoors on carpet so handling outside may differ.
Comparing it with the Stratus, the 2.0 has a lot more aggressive steering and I find it a little less stable. It is in my opinion very similar to the Losi Stratus that comes in the kits. The body looks great on the track but unless you need more steering or you want your car to be more aggressive the more neutral Stratus is very hard to give up.

Sigearhead 07-07-2002 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a pic

Greg Anderson 07-07-2002 06:01 PM

Body looks great. Do you think you can compensate the aggressive steering of the body with an aggressive wing?

Just an idea!

Speedo 07-07-2002 06:58 PM

I know on the regular stratus if you cut some off the wing you'll loosen the rear a little, I would think the opposite would work on the new one...Certainly looks better!

Josh

wyd 07-07-2002 07:21 PM

I have a new 2.0 Stratus but have not run it yet. It does look alot lower profile compared to the other Stratus bodies I have had in the past. Also front is a little more aggressive. I can't wait to run my new Chrome painted Stratus. It does stand out with the chrome paint on it.:spidey:

Sigearhead 07-08-2002 12:29 AM

Well...the rear end on the 2.0 is higher than the Stratus and I believe in order to have a legal wing it has to be no higher than the roofline of the car. If you can run it and get a way with it I don't see why not experiment with different wings. The body is designed to have more straightaway speed also and the wing affects that also.

ZER01 07-08-2002 06:35 AM

Re: Stratus 2.0

Originally posted by Sigearhead
It is in my opinion very similar to the Losi Stratus that comes in the kits.
That's because these are based off the new 2002 stratus models.

Trips 07-08-2002 10:14 AM

I'ts interesting that the Stratus 2.0 was approved by ROAR. I don't recall ever seeing a 2002 Stratus competing in a touring car series.

Trips

stormperson 07-08-2002 12:06 PM

very few of the aproved bodies dont run in a touring series. i havent seen a honda accord run in anything but BTCC, but that was at least a few years ago.

right now we should all be running vaxhaul vectra's, holden commadores, acura integras, and mercedes e classes, and that doesnt gt and gts cars, if we wanted to run sucessful touring cars of the day

rc's have shown themselves over the past few years to have little to no resemblance to their full scale counteparts. if they did we would all be all would be running audi s4's on our touring cars, since that is the only touring car that is 4wd.

i think they need the companies need to start making different cars, since its complete BS that the stratus is the only good car. if you look all of the different stratus bodies out there, most of them have no resemblance to one another, look at the frewer stratus compaired to the new proline 2.0 one, they are completely different.

it seems that stratus=sucess and thats too deeply ingrained in people's minds to change that kind of car.

TSR6 07-08-2002 12:22 PM

I'm curious to why we can't get more into bodies like the Crowd Pleazer. Have the RC company design the car, and save us the costs of licencing.

It's kinda ugly, but i wonder how it will perform on the track? hmm..

http://www.pro-lineracing.com/prolin...ew/3136new.jpg

JeffC 07-08-2002 01:00 PM

that thing's hideous. The front kind of looks like a carp, and the middle/rear looks like a VW Beetle with a trunk added on. I don't like either one, so that body won't be anywhere near my cars.

sosidge 07-08-2002 02:19 PM

Well here's an irony for you...

BRCA rules (that's the British Radio Car Association) state you must use a four door shell.

However, the BTCC (that's the British Touring Car Championship), is run to new rules, and for the last 2 seasons has been dominated by 2-door cars - namely the Vauxhall Astra.

Other competitors past and present include the Peugeot 406 Coupe, the Alfa 147, the Honda Civic hatchback, MG ZS (which is just a souped up four-door saloon), Proton Satria (or whatever it's called) and Lexus IS200.

Not a Vectra in sight (although 156's and Accords still run in the "Production" class).