R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Tire Prep Methodology Depending on Temp/Humidity

In his recent thread about spec/handout speedos and motors, EA spoke about the tire prep used by the racers at the recent ETS race in Poland:

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I do know that almost everyone had a Hudy or Much more Temp gauge/Timer in the pits watching the temp and humidity...They used the timers and temp to determine how long to leave the sauce on and which tires got it longer (front or rear). 2 heats before they were up they put the tires back on and went through the car again without letting the tires touch anything (They were sticklers for this).
As such, I am now curious about the methodology people use for tire prep depending on the temperature and humidity? I know EA originally was talking about rubber tire tc, but I am curious whether people change their prep strategies with foam tires as well. It would seem to me that the general rule would be that the warmer it is the less time you want to dope, but what role does humidity play? For instance, here in Colorado we typically have very low humidity, which makes me wonder how we could change doping strategies if we went somewhere with higher humidity.

I realize that indoor carpet racing will likely have fairly consistent temps/humidity compared to racing outdoors, but if the changes were large enough that the racers at ETS were paying attention, then I wonder just how much of a role it can play, especially when you think about racing in different locations across the country, or over the course of a season.

Any information is much appreciated!
Chris Hillier | 5280 Raceway | www.5280raceway.com | Racing. Elevated.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote