Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Adjusting rideheight. >

Adjusting rideheight.

Adjusting rideheight.

Old 02-07-2005, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default Adjusting rideheight.

Hi guys,
I do know how to adjust camber, toe in-out and droop.
But I dont know how to adjust rideheight.
How is it done ??
I have a Losi XXX-S.

Plz comment.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

You adjust ride height by changing the tension on the shock springs. Assuming you have threaded shock bodies either screw the spring retainer down or up to change the ride height. If the bodies are not threaded you should have some type of clamp that can be moved on the shock body. Move both the right and left spring retainers the same amount until you achieve the proper ride height.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Lano
You adjust ride height by changing the tension on the shock springs. Assuming you have threaded shock bodies either screw the spring retainer down or up to change the ride height. If the bodies are not threaded you should have some type of clamp that can be moved on the shock body. Move both the right and left spring retainers the same amount until you achieve the proper ride height.

or adjust the droop.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs down

NO! Never use the droop screws to adjust ride height.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Lano
Ok, thanks.
But when I adjust the ride height at front to 6mm and droop to 3mm and lift the car up, the spring rattles loose around the shock body, there is nothing that holds the spring together (vertically)
Old 02-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Mal

It's ok for the spring to be loose when you pick the car off the ground. The spring doesn't need to be preloaded....

Adjust ride height by adjusting the shock collars.

For droop, set it with the shocks disconnected. You can either adjust droop using the droop screws or by using internal shock spacers and threading the lower shock ball cup in or out.