Thank you for the tips. I managed to fix the dif issue. a little bit of glue from the hardware store and tightening the diff a little re solved my issue. the 5.5t motor is quite powerful and yes there is a little wheelspin however the speed control has programming so i set this up. It is super fun, i am amazed at how stable this FF03 runs. right now i think its best i change the spur gear to 102t and pinion to 29t which will give me less spin and more speed. I bought the stock tuned motor which i will run in the car for Tamiya cup coming up in september in my country South Africa.
Originally Posted by sosidge
The rubber cement is, in my opinion, unnecessary. I just use a dab of the silicone ball diff grease, the glue might make the plates run out of round. There may be some optional one-piece outdrives (not sure, as I don't know the FF-03 well enough).
Rubber cement is available quite cheaply from most hardware stores, it might be sold as a shoe repair glue.
The upgraded motor is going to put more load on the drivetrain, naturally - personally speaking a 5.5 is a waste in a front-drive car because you will just wheelspin the performance away and create a bunch of other handling problems - these cars are at their best with relatively slow motors.