Community
Wiki Posts
Search

top 3 1/12th cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Default top 3 1/12th cars

hi guys i narrowed my choices down to 3 cars. associated L4, crc t-force and corally sp12m AE . im gonna be running on ozite carpet. i currently own an l3 and wanna try something more competitive. i want your honest opinion coz first 5 votes wins. heres my opinion on the cars,

the L4 is cheap, fast and parts are easy to get. but i dont like damper plates.

the corally sp12m ahoneimi edition is a great car also, a lil expensive ($250) but its the fastest car at our track most guys run corally. the only thing thats holding me back is the parts availability and the tires, must use corally tires. not good.

the t-force looks nice, hopped up right out of the box. dont know how it drives though, parts availability is worst than corally.

first five votes win.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

I love my RC12L4, the only things I didn't like about it was it didn't come with lowered rear pods and I am not too fond of the damper plates but I can live with them. The T-Fource comes with the lowered rear pods and all of the other hop ups out of the box but if your track that you race at is nitorious for breaking parts it may take you a while to get replacements from CRC. As for the Corally, not many people around here run them any more but I had a SP12G3 that I race not long ago and I liked it, but it was hard to be set up to be as fast as everybody else running different cars.

But for your situation I would reccommend the RC12L4 since you have good parts support for it and it is a fast car out of the box.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The associated cars are always competetive. I personaly like having the dampner disk, i think it is just as tunable as anything else out now. Have you thought about the C12 by CEFX? Its an amazing car, comes complete with race ready tires/body/lowerd pods... everything. I might be alittle bias because of racing at Halo Hobbies, but a C12 is usualy hooked up better then my 12L. Good luck w/ your search
Old 02-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Personally, I would try the t-fource with the stiff chassis. it is a little beefier than the associated car and uses many of associated's parts on it. I'd also get a set of dampner discs as a tuning aid, just in case you don't like the tubes. I have a 6 pack and a couple of my brothers beat up LC's, and a spashett switchblade. I believe that 1/12 scale technology has hit a stagnate point in development because of the taxi ( sedan) explosion. However, I don't see that as a bad thing, since the "flavor of the month" new car won't be leaps ahead of the others. Any of the cars on your list are good, proven cars. Will this be your first 1/12? Just wondering. I have never driven a corally, but the people I know that do always end up going back to them, specialized parts aside, so that in itsself says something. I am personally thinking of buying a t-fource, just because you don't have to tape batteries down. Sounds like a stupid selling point, but since I don't really see a big difference in performance in any of them, I go for user friendly
There's my .02
good luck!
Old 02-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The T-Fource is a 12L3 with a lot of CRC (Chassis) and IRS (Pods, R. Axle) hop ups. The lower pod plates are nice as you can use more of your rear tires and usually skins are faster.

The T-Fource uses an AE T-Bar, Front end, and all the hub and rear axle dimensions are identical so you have lots of AE spares available to you everywhere. Heck if you break a chassis an L3 or L4 chassis bolts right on to a T-Fource...lol! I say T-Fource.

I think its really funny the damper tube vs. plate. Both are the same to me. Both are just as easy to build well or mess up.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Dave S
Personally, I would try the t-fource with the stiff chassis. it is a little beefier than the associated car and uses many of associated's parts on it. I'd also get a set of dampner discs as a tuning aid, just in case you don't like the tubes. I have a 6 pack and a couple of my brothers beat up LC's, and a spashett switchblade. I believe that 1/12 scale technology has hit a stagnate point in development because of the taxi ( sedan) explosion. However, I don't see that as a bad thing, since the "flavor of the month" new car won't be leaps ahead of the others. Any of the cars on your list are good, proven cars. Will this be your first 1/12? Just wondering. I have never driven a corally, but the people I know that do always end up going back to them, specialized parts aside, so that in itsself says something. I am personally thinking of buying a t-fource, just because you don't have to tape batteries down. Sounds like a stupid selling point, but since I don't really see a big difference in performance in any of them, I go for user friendly
There's my .02
good luck!

this is gonna be my 2nd 12th scale. i dont really like the damper disk in my l3 but most people preffer them for better handling than the tubes. i dunno, masami won many races with his L4 so.. anyways, im leaning towards the L4. i just wish they have the damper tubes as an option. about the strapping the batteries, its a pain to strap the batteries in my L3, takes time. but i dont mind.

looks like the L4 has one vote and t force has one. keep them coming
Old 02-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

GET THE T-FOURCE!!!I was using the CRC Carpet Knife but couldn't get it to do what I wanted.That T-Fource was way faster out of the box.My lap times dropped by .5 tenths!
The L4 is a nice car but there is too much chassis flex for carpet.All of our top drivers at my club uses the T-Fource and they all love them.
Wish I got mine weeks ago!!!
Old 02-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AdrianM
The T-Fource is a 12L3 with a lot of CRC (Chassis) and IRS (Pods, R. Axle) hop ups. The lower pod plates are nice as you can use more of your rear tires and usually skins are faster.

The T-Fource uses an AE T-Bar, Front end, and all the hub and rear axle dimensions are identical so you have lots of AE spares available to you everywhere. Heck if you break a chassis an L3 or L4 chassis bolts right on to a T-Fource...lol! I say T-Fource.

I think its really funny the damper tube vs. plate. Both are the same to me. Both are just as easy to build well or mess up.

the reason why i prefer the tubes over the plates is because when using tubes, the body can sit lower to the chassis because theres no damping post to hit. i dunno, i dont really care that much. thanks for the reply

looks like L4 has one and t force has two votes. keep them coming
Old 02-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Twin-Kyle
GET THE T-FOURCE!!!I was using the CRC Carpet Knife but couldn't get it to do what I wanted.That T-Fource was way faster out of the box.My lap times dropped by .5 tenths!
The L4 is a nice car but there is too much chassis flex for carpet.All of our top drivers at my club uses the T-Fource and they all love them.
Wish I got mine weeks ago!!!

t force has 3 votes! while L4 has one. thanks guys keep em coming
Old 02-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

also, the front wheels of L4 is secured by e-clips, kinda cheap. i had bad experience with them. first turn of the race, some punk nailed me to the wall and ooops there goes my wheel flying
Old 02-07-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Also the T-Fource has two ways to tweek the car...T-bar with set screws or side springs.More options to tune the car!!!
Old 02-07-2005, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The L4 is a solid kit to start off with. I was able to get my hands on the T Force and drive that around for alittle bit and its was SMOOTH. I currently run the Hara Conversion
Old 02-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

The CRC's are basically hopped up AE cars... I have a Carpet Knife and I'm very happy with it, no T-bar to worry about....

I'd definitely go with the T force if it's a T bar car you want.... Besides the chassis plate it's all compatable with AE...
Old 02-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

sounds good guys, t force it is. my wife is getting me one on the " o two fourteen o five" thanks for the replies. i knew it was the t force i wanted.