R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #1216
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRG View Post
Hi Justin

I'm was running the same motor on the weekend. It does fit. You'll need to be tidy with your soldering, and I'm not using the motor plate (BA9 in the manual) between the motor and motor mount. I hope the pic help. Sorry I haven't cleaned the car yet.
Swap out the motor wires to 16awg and it will be a lot easier to make the wiring fit and put less tweak in the pod from the wires.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #1217
Tech Apprentice

Can somebody tell me what tires i should use my hobby store ttold me to get the TCS tires soft front and hard rear what do you guys think I'm new to f1 racing.thanks carl
carl jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #1218
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl jr View Post
Can somebody tell me what tires i should use my hobby store ttold me to get the TCS tires soft front and hard rear what do you guys think I'm new to f1 racing.thanks carl
If your hobby store is connected to or adjacent to the track you plan on running your F1 one car listen to them.

Otherwise its better to ask the the friendly folks who are already running F1 in your local track. They can advise you on what tires and setup you need.
1:10 Tamiya TRF101, Turnigy Trackstar 17.5, Toro TS120
1:12 Tacon Thriller
PhilippineEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #1219
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm having really bad traction roll issues. Our track is a low-med grip carpet and the car drives perfect until the grip starts picking up then it will start rolling pretty badly. Everyone at the track is using the Pit F3-soft fronts and hard rears with paragon compound. When I only sauce half the fronts it helps but still doesn't eliminate the roll. I'm using 25wt oil in the roll damper and the soft roll springs. I've also tried the Ride soft front springs without much luck. Going from 1.0 to 1.5 camber seemed to help a bit with a 4mm ride height. I feel like the only option I have left is to go to a harder front tire or don't sauce at all and I really don't want to do that. Does anybody have any tips, should I try moving my battery back a bit?
viet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #1220
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viet View Post
I'm having really bad traction roll issues. Our track is a low-med grip carpet and the car drives perfect until the grip starts picking up then it will start rolling pretty badly. Everyone at the track is using the Pit F3-soft fronts and hard rears with paragon compound. When I only sauce half the fronts it helps but still doesn't eliminate the roll. I'm using 25wt oil in the roll damper and the soft roll springs. I've also tried the Ride soft front springs without much luck. Going from 1.0 to 1.5 camber seemed to help a bit with a 4mm ride height. I feel like the only option I have left is to go to a harder front tire or don't sauce at all and I really don't want to do that. Does anybody have any tips, should I try moving my battery back a bit?
Move the battery forward-less weight across the pivot in the rear will help the traction roll. You may want to go to silver or gold roll springs. You can also get 1-2mm more width in the front with shims.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #1221
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Wheels for Pit Shimizu Tyres

What wheels are best to use for the Pit Shimizu F1 Rubber tyres for the F104 V2?
Mr. MR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #1222
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The foam wheels that came with the car is what I used. Or tamiya foam wheels are what I use.
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #1223
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Move the battery forward-less weight across the pivot in the rear will help the traction roll. You may want to go to silver or gold roll springs. You can also get 1-2mm more width in the front with shims.
I already have the battery all the way forward. I will try the shims in the front.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #1224
Tech Master

I have my battery forward also and was traction rolling when I sauced the tires for too long.
I must have sauced for 35 min or so instead of usual 10 min.
The first run was great with 35 min saucing but by the second run the tires were too grippy and I traction rolled at every sharp turn. And I was doing side wheelies on the high speed sweeper.
I didn't sauce at all for the main and it was still traction rolling if I didn't brake before a sharp turn. I never had that problem when I sauced for shorter lengths.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #1225
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
I have my battery forward also and was traction rolling when I sauced the tires for too long.
I must have sauced for 35 min or so instead of usual 10 min.
The first run was great with 35 min saucing but by the second run the tires were too grippy and I traction rolled at every sharp turn. And I was doing side wheelies on the high speed sweeper.
I didn't sauce at all for the main and it was still traction rolling if I didn't brake before a sharp turn. I never had that problem when I sauced for shorter lengths.
That could be it. I may have sauced for way too long yesterday. But I see people at the track saucing forever with no issues still lol.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #1226
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viet View Post
That could be it. I may have sauced for way too long yesterday. But I see people at the track saucing forever with no issues still lol.
if your using gripper or sxt you may also want to try increasing the time between wiping them off and running to mellow them out.

For tweak decrease the amount used to 1-2 on the front and 3 on the rear worked into the tire and let it completely dry, no wipe required.

For buggy grip, avoid spraying the tire and apply it with a rag sprayed with the sauce and let the tire air dry. This compound with break down the front inserts wearing them out before the tire, excessive use will kill the inserts quickly.

For paragon apply 10min before run and wipe off a couple mins before. I found this sauce to destroy the inserts quickly and it hasn't worked as well for me as the others listed on F1 tires.

Hope that helps
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #1227
Tech Master

Thx Mark.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #1228
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
if your using gripper or sxt you may also want to try increasing the time between wiping them off and running to mellow them out.

For tweak decrease the amount used to 1-2 on the front and 3 on the rear worked into the tire and let it completely dry, no wipe required.

For buggy grip, avoid spraying the tire and apply it with a rag sprayed with the sauce and let the tire air dry. This compound with break down the front inserts wearing them out before the tire, excessive use will kill the inserts quickly.

For paragon apply 10min before run and wipe off a couple mins before. I found this sauce to destroy the inserts quickly and it hasn't worked as well for me as the others listed on F1 tires.

Hope that helps
Thank you. We use Paragon, I will try this out.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #1229
Tech Rookie

Default top damper slants rear of chassis

I bought Tamiya's damper and placed it on my F1 car that I'm building. Does anyone out there know what I need to fix or how to straighten the rear. It needs to come up so that it levels out. Anyone out there have this same issue and could please tell me how to fix?
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya F104 Version 2-c360_2013-05-13-19-48-34-626.jpg   Tamiya F104 Version 2-c360_2013-05-13-19-48-14-240.jpg  
davidcisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #1230
Tech Master

Put some spacers on the shaft inside the damper behind the piston. That will take out some damper travel distance.