R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #1156
Tech Initiate

so I should just harden the rear of the car?
pol59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #1157
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pol59 View Post
so I should just harden the rear of the car?
From what i've been reading is that harder side springs will give you better steering respons.
If you mean that you have an understeer problem.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #1158
Tech Initiate

especially when it is at the end of the straight, I turned in a 180 curve, the car was mainly to expand its trajectory in the corner and finds himself propelled outward from its path. it is really a very big understeer. while in the 180 at low speed, no problem, the car rolls well.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #1159
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pol59 View Post
especially when it is at the end of the straight, I turned in a 180 curve, the car was mainly to expand its trajectory in the corner and finds himself propelled outward from its path. it is really a very big understeer. while in the 180 at low speed, no problem, the car rolls well.
When driving rubber tire on pan car like F1
Braking from high speed is necessary
And remember, Tires are 90% of the setup as most of this type chassis have so few adjustments

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #1160
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
When driving rubber tire on pan car like F1
Braking from high speed is necessary
And remember, Tires are 90% of the setup as most of this type chassis have so few adjustments
+1
Thunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:46 AM   #1161
Tech Initiate

yes, work on the tire processing is required. and to be honest, I never use the brake, I anticipate by releasing the accelerator when approaching turns
Old 04-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #1162
Tech Adept

I am newbie of RC stuff. Currently I am running a f104 x1 in my club. I always feel very stressful when driving my car. It's not very predictable and can not go straight especially at
acceleration and braking. Is my car tweaked ? How can I properly disassemble and reassemble my car to release the tweak? Any other aspects would affect the car to make it preform unpredictable?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #1163
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Asphalt? What tires? Front wheels pointing pretty straight +/- 1?
We cannot accelerate hard unless there is a good amount of grip. Sudden acceleration on loose asphalt will unsettle any car. Trim down brake to <80%.
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #1164
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by policeman0077 View Post
I am newbie of RC stuff. Currently I am running a f104 x1 in my club. I always feel very stressful when driving my car. It's not very predictable and can not go straight especially at
acceleration and braking. Is my car tweaked ? How can I properly disassemble and reassemble my car to release the tweak? Any other aspects would affect the car to make it preform unpredictable?
The T-bar can tweak over time or bend/snap in a really bad crash, especially the softer white T-bar that comes stock on the X1. That would be the first thing I would check. Also check your front upper arms. They can bend easily too in a big crash.

Last, you can check if your chassis is tweaked but I really doubt so. Its pretty thick and very rare that it will be out of shape.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #1165
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
Asphalt? What tires? Front wheels pointing pretty straight +/- 1?
We cannot accelerate hard unless there is a good amount of grip. Sudden acceleration on loose asphalt will unsettle any car. Trim down brake to <80%.
carpet with shimizu 0571/0572, I think front wheels are straight, but I haven't tool to measure only by eyes.

Some it's not the harsh acceleration causes off tracking, but when I was on straight with certain speed and accelerated relatively gentle, the car just not go straight.

Brake is less than 30%, maybe 20--25%
Old 04-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #1166
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The T-bar can tweak over time or bend/snap in a really bad crash, especially the softer white T-bar that comes stock on the X1. That would be the first thing I would check. Also check your front upper arms. They can bend easily too in a big crash.

Last, you can check if your chassis is tweaked but I really doubt so. Its pretty thick and very rare that it will be out of shape.
I use 1.5mm 3racing one-piece tbar, loosing some traction but more stable and durable than the high traction one within the box of 104 x1. My upper arms are hot glued with carbon fiber rods, so it's difficult to bend....
Old 04-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #1167
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Some it's not the harsh acceleration causes off tracking, but when I was on straight with certain speed and accelerated relatively gentle, the car just not go straight.
Make sure you check your diff. I always run ceramic diff balls on my cars, especially on my F1. They make the diff action silky smooth, and they last a lot longer than steel balls. Next, check the tightness of your diff. If it's too tight, you will have a very hard time keeping the car from spinning out on a loose track. If it's too loose, you can damage the diff and spur gear. When the diff is set right, it should not slip. I usually set mine just tight enough to keep from slipping.
Thunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #1168
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
I use 1.5mm 3racing one-piece tbar, loosing some traction but more stable and durable than the high traction one within the box of 104 x1. My upper arms are hot glued with carbon fiber rods, so it's difficult to bend....
Check your rear tires to make sure there still glued. I had a problem with that any hard throttle it would vear to the left or right.

Brian
bribtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #1169
Tech Apprentice

Just received the Dark Titanium kit 6 hours ago, here it is all ready for electronics. (after this seasons last race on saturday I will retire my X1 that won every race over here and swap electronics to new car)

Exactly same color alloy like X1, nice!

I have a question about the hop-up carbon damper mount that I installed with few other bits: (ceramic balls,thrust bearing, carbon shaft,tit.king pins,12.9 hex hardware)

It is a lot thinner then the plastic stock part, do I add spacers to make the setup same height as the stock or just same spacers then stock?

-Pate
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya F104 Version 2-11.jpg   Tamiya F104 Version 2-22.jpg  
fastvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #1170
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbunny View Post
Make sure you check your diff. I always run ceramic diff balls on my cars, especially on my F1. They make the diff action silky smooth, and they last a lot longer than steel balls. Next, check the tightness of your diff. If it's too tight, you will have a very hard time keeping the car from spinning out on a loose track. If it's too loose, you can damage the diff and spur gear. When the diff is set right, it should not slip. I usually set mine just tight enough to keep from slipping.
My diff is newly built and I built it as you said make it as loose as possible while do not slip when you hold the spur and a wheel and turn another wheel.

Anyway I will try ceramic balls, should be smoother any recommendation?