R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #526
Tech Master
 
texastc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Yeah racing pod is harder to straighten when you bend it. My 2 cents.
I would suggest the R1 Hard rear tires.
__________________
Exotek F1 Ultra
Exotek F1R
CRC Gen-X 10 LE
Kyosho Plazma F1
TC does RC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #527
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,775
Default

In my experience Yeah racing stuff always bends before tamiya stuff. I stick with all tamiya.
__________________
A800 HW XR10Pro HW G2 4.5T|||B5MFL HW StockSpec Team Powers 17.5|||VTA: Awesomatix EVO 1.1 Orca VX3 |||F1:
Xray X1 2016, HW V3.1, Ride XR Tires, D4SS 21.5|||Futaba 4PX|||iCharger 308Duo
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #528
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,406
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTaller-RC View Post
Hi

I'm building my shopping list. I've a question about motor mount.
What is the difference between Yeah Racing Motor Mount SinglePiece and TAMIYA aluminum motor mount?
What do you recommend me?

This is the list, I'm open to any sugestions. Thanks

58534 1/10 F104 Version II Chassis Kit
51430 Body Set Vodafone McLaren - Mercedes MP4-24
PS-0575 F104 Rear R1-Soft (1 pair) with inserts
PS-0573 F104 Front F1-Medium (1 pair) with inserts
54357 Adjustable Metal Upright - F103 F104 RM01
54356 Aluminum Motor Mount - RM01
F104-039BK Aluminum Servo Mount Set (2 pcs) (BK) for Tamiya F104 Pro / F104 V2
54375 Carbon Rear Bulkhead Plate - RM01 / F104 V2
54351 Carbon Damper Mount Plate - RM01 Rear
54352 Roll Spring Set - RM01
54159 Hi Torque Servo Saver Horn - F104 Aluminum/Blue
51000 Hi-Torque Servo Saver - Black
Savox SC-1251MG Low Profile Digital High Speed Metal Gear Servo .09/125.0
306 Associated Reedy LiPo 2S 7.4V 4000mAh 60C - Shorty Pack
I am not familiar with the Yeah racing piece, but make sure it will fit the V2, as the pod is different from the older cars, and older parts will not work.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #529
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to RicerX1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTaller-RC View Post
Hi

I'm building my shopping list. I've a question about motor mount.
What is the difference between Yeah Racing Motor Mount SinglePiece and TAMIYA aluminum motor mount?
What do you recommend me?

This is the list, I'm open to any sugestions. Thanks

58534 1/10 F104 Version II Chassis Kit
51430 Body Set Vodafone McLaren - Mercedes MP4-24
PS-0575 F104 Rear R1-Soft (1 pair) with inserts
PS-0573 F104 Front F1-Medium (1 pair) with inserts
54357 Adjustable Metal Upright - F103 F104 RM01
54356 Aluminum Motor Mount - RM01
F104-039BK Aluminum Servo Mount Set (2 pcs) (BK) for Tamiya F104 Pro / F104 V2
54375 Carbon Rear Bulkhead Plate - RM01 / F104 V2
54351 Carbon Damper Mount Plate - RM01 Rear
54352 Roll Spring Set - RM01
54159 Hi Torque Servo Saver Horn - F104 Aluminum/Blue
51000 Hi-Torque Servo Saver - Black
Savox SC-1251MG Low Profile Digital High Speed Metal Gear Servo .09/125.0
306 Associated Reedy LiPo 2S 7.4V 4000mAh 60C - Shorty Pack
The Yeah racing pod doesn't fit unless they made one for the RM01. 2 available ones now are the Rsector and Tamiya. I have the Tamiya one but looks like the Rsector one comes with more parts.
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=4428
The RSector comes with the Rear Bulkhead Plate and the Damper Mount Plate, so it will save you some money over the Tamiya one. (if you are not concerned with TCS legal)

The F104v2 already comes with the high torque servo saver and high torque servo horn.

I and using the savox 1251mg right now since i had one laying around. But if you were buying new go with the savox 1252mg that just came out. a tad faster with less torque.

My build was pretty similar except i didn't get the adj metal upright. and I went with Pit Shimizu tires instead.

Last edited by RicerX1; 10-24-2012 at 04:05 PM.
RicerX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #530
Tech Master
 
Csaari77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,472
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX1 View Post
The Yeah racing pod doesn't fit unless they made one for the RM01. 2 available ones now are the Rsector and Tamiya. I have the Tamiya one but looks like the Rsector one comes with more parts.
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=4428
The RSector comes with the Rear Bulkhead Plate and the Damper Mount Plate, so it will save you some money over the Tamiya one. (if you are not concerned with TCS legal)

The F104v2 already comes with the high torque servo saver and high torque servo horn.

I and using the savox 1251mg right now since i had one laying around. But if you were buying new go with the savox 1252mg that just came out. a tad faster with less torque.

Your shopping list is missing the Carbon Rear Body Mount Plate this part holds the body post and the side springs so i would get this as well.
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=3305

My build was pretty similar except i didn't get the adj metal upright. and I went with Pit Shimizu tires instead.
You don't need the carbon rear body mount plate. That part is specific to the RM-01 and is not for the V2. The kit already includes a carbon plate that holds the body mounds and the side springs.
__________________
Half-A$$ Racing - Problem solved, problem staying solved!
Awesomatix - Serpent - Tekin - Futaba - Cooper Motorsports.
Csaari77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #531
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to RicerX1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaari77 View Post
You don't need the carbon rear body mount plate. That part is specific to the RM-01 and is not for the V2. The kit already includes a carbon plate that holds the body mounds and the side springs.
Omg, good catch you are right. Gonna go back and edit the post thanks.
RicerX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #532
Tech Addict
 
mkennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: las vegas
Posts: 506
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mkennedy
Default

The RSector rear mounts are awesome. The set comes with the front and rear carbon mounts. The rear also has two wing positions, stock height and a little bit higher for some added downforce. It comes in black, which blends with all liverys
__________________
Mike Kennedy
AKA - Airtronics - F1RCLab - Thunder Power - JGO Paintz - Dialed Inc. - CompetitionX.com
mkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #533
Tech Master
 
racer x 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: im 4rm a far away place called 1st
Posts: 1,820
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Man you guys could of warned me and told me my v2 was going to put itself together! I swear this kit is "falling" together. haha
__________________
Matt Bell
Mugen MRX5 Ae R5.2 X6^3 M11x All powered by Speedtech Rc
racer x 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #534
Tech Elite
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,539
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer x 1 View Post
Man you guys could of warned me and told me my v2 was going to put itself together! I swear this kit is "falling" together. haha
So that means you should make it out this Sunday for the TQ Summer Series final, right ?

Panda
__________________
Panda Performance / Nemo Racing top secret R&D lab hidden in a lush bamboo forest....
Kevin CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #535
Tech Fanatic
 
nrtv20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer x 1 View Post
Man you guys could of warned me and told me my v2 was going to put itself together! I swear this kit is "falling" together. haha
I agree the cars are easy to build but they are only 15 parts haha, I wish the price would reflect that. I mean CRC can put out a top shelf 1/12 scale for $175 and we have to pay $250 because its labeled 'Tamiya'.

Oh well rant ended.
__________________
http://www.trautengineering.com/ http://www.toledooneeighthracers.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/nrtv20
One Eigth Racers of Toledo; Hobby Stop West Track; "The Gate" NORCAR
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #536
Tech Master
 
racer x 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: im 4rm a far away place called 1st
Posts: 1,820
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin CBR View Post
So that means you should make it out this Sunday for the TQ Summer Series final, right ?

Panda
Lol i think ill have it built by then but i need a servo,stator, shorty pack,tires, and paint lol. Im willing to sub in as driver if anyone wants to pass the remote! haha
__________________
Matt Bell
Mugen MRX5 Ae R5.2 X6^3 M11x All powered by Speedtech Rc
racer x 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #537
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,406
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post
I agree the cars are easy to build but they are only 15 parts haha, I wish the price would reflect that. I mean CRC can put out a top shelf 1/12 scale for $175 and we have to pay $250 because its labeled 'Tamiya'.

Oh well rant ended.
Be careful what you ask for, they used to make an F1 car during the first go around.



EDIT: dang, that might work with an F104 front end...
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #538
Tech Regular
 
xevias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Shanghai, PRC
Posts: 314
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rear wing mod

On my American vacation last week, I stopped by Winthrop Harbor and heard some rumors about a 3racing rear wing mod. I'm looking at the wing now and just don't see how it can be done.

I'm hoping Rob or KK can enlighten my team a little and give us an advantage in the Shanghai F1 league starting up soon. We are running Pardus control tires and need all the grip we can get.

Thanks guys. And if you're reading this, thanks again Eric.
xevias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #539
Tech Elite
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,539
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer x 1 View Post
Lol i think ill have it built by then but i need a servo,stator, shorty pack,tires, and paint lol. Im willing to sub in as driver if anyone wants to pass the remote! haha
Lets see, I do have an extra shorty pack, servo, used tires and painted body I could loan (Panda Blue / white paint of course).......... Oh yeah, and I also have my complete race ready F104 v2 all set up that is now may back-up car since the Roche chassis F104 was good enough to TQ the 42 entry UF1 Summer Series finale.

Panda
__________________
Panda Performance / Nemo Racing top secret R&D lab hidden in a lush bamboo forest....
Kevin CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #540
Tech Champion
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,754
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevias View Post
On my American vacation last week, I stopped by Winthrop Harbor and heard some rumors about a 3racing rear wing mod. I'm looking at the wing now and just don't see how it can be done.

I'm hoping Rob or KK can enlighten my team a little and give us an advantage in the Shanghai F1 league starting up soon. We are running Pardus control tires and need all the grip we can get.

Thanks guys. And if you're reading this, thanks again Eric.
You got a PM my man!!!
__________________
2013 USVTA World Champion of the World
MOTIV RC presents the Midwest All-Star Carpet Series....14th year running 2016/17!!!
USVTA National Championship....check it out!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9322 12-08-2016 04:16 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:53 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0