R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #166
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 280
Default

Just got my ver. 2, what are must need spare parts?
bosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #167
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan View Post
Just got my ver. 2, what are must need spare parts?
Exclusive to the V2
Alloy roll damper
Side links
Side spring set

For all f104's
Front springs
Front arms
C clips that hold the spring in place. I know the V2 uses E-clips but I find the C clips from the prior model f104's better especially if you do remove and re-fit the clip a number of times.
Rear wing

That pretty much covers anything you can break/lose on the f104. Especially if you upgraded the v2 with some additional alloy & carbon options.
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #168
Tech Master
 
malcnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DUNEDIN, NewZealand
Posts: 1,296
Default

Want to try some shimizu rubber on my v2 and tryed some of the softest rear tamiya rubber tyres with there hardest fronts and found it had good rear grip but no front grip and huge under steer with no steering compared to the soft/hard tamiya foam combo I also had tryed.
Its winter here so temps about 10C if you are lucky and running on outdoor ashphelt and what combo would you guys suggest?
cheers.
__________________
SCHUMACHER MI5 EVO/TEAM POWERS/SANWA/DX4R PRO.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #169
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcnz View Post
Want to try some shimizu rubber on my v2 and tryed some of the softest rear tamiya rubber tyres with there hardest fronts and found it had good rear grip but no front grip and huge under steer with no steering compared to the soft/hard tamiya foam combo I also had tryed.
Its winter here so temps about 10C if you are lucky and running on outdoor ashphelt and what combo would you guys suggest?
cheers.
Shimizu 571/575 is perfect in cold weather.
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #170
Tech Master
 
malcnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DUNEDIN, NewZealand
Posts: 1,296
Default

cheers and rc mart have both of those
__________________
SCHUMACHER MI5 EVO/TEAM POWERS/SANWA/DX4R PRO.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:23 AM   #171
dfx
Tech Adept
 
dfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 131
Default

My V2 is home but I'm afraid I will not be able to finish my car for this weekends race.
Please share your setup experience. I found AE black soft spring (looks much softer with more coils than the stock gold Tamiya spring), don't know if it fits the RM-01 damper but I'm going to try it...
__________________
Tamiya TRF 416 WE
Tamiya F104 Pro wide and F104 Pro V2
dfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #172
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 71
Default

Thread lock of choice these day's?
F104 Kit suggests a Tamiya thread lock, but usually I find they are pretty much the same type of thing.
I also have just got a Xray T3, so will need thread lock for that as well.
(I'm getting back into racing after 12 year break, so I'm sure most people have found thread locks that work well now).
Telinoz1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #173
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telinoz1975 View Post
Thread lock of choice these day's?
F104 Kit suggests a Tamiya thread lock, but usually I find they are pretty much the same type of thing.
I also have just got a Xray T3, so will need thread lock for that as well.
(I'm getting back into racing after 12 year break, so I'm sure most people have found thread locks that work well now).
Blue loctite from the hardware store, little bottle lasts forever
__________________
A800 HW XR10Pro HW G2 4.5T|||B5MFL HW StockSpec Team Powers 17.5|||VTA: Awesomatix EVO 1.1 Orca VX3 |||F1:
Xray X1 2016, HW V3.1, Ride XR Tires, D4SS 21.5|||Futaba 4PX|||iCharger 308Duo
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #174
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 94
Default upright

Guys...need help on the upright setting...

I buy the hop up upright...now my question is...on the original upright there are 2 spacer on top and 1 spacer bottom...where on hop up, there are 1 each spacer on top and bottom...
So do you put all of them on the hop up? So its become 3 top and 2 bottom?

Because when I put only 1 each side..there is a play and I'm still using the original kingpin which do not have 2 e-clip to hold the spacer...

Thanks
__________________
Tamiya M05 Pro, Spec-R R1, F104 Pro V2 and AE FT SC10 4x4
Hobbywing V3, Just Stock and SCRT Pro Sanwa MT4
k4mp4q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #175
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

For thread lock you might look at the associated thread lock. It's the same as the loctite brand but they put it in a nice bottle that makes it really easy to get very small amounts onto screws without making a mess. It does cost more but IMO the bottle is totally worth it.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...cking-Adhesive
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:07 AM   #176
dfx
Tech Adept
 
dfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4mp4q View Post
...on the original upright there are 2 spacer on top and 1 spacer bottom...where on hop up, there are 1 each spacer on top and bottom...
So do you put all of them on the hop up? So its become 3 top and 2 bottom?

Because when I put only 1 each side..there is a play and I'm still using the original kingpin which do not have 2 e-clip to hold the spacer...
Use only the 3 original spacers...

EDIT: It looks that I'm wrong, those 1.5mm spacers are probably needed to match the size of the stock plastic uprights. Make sure that the size of uprights with (stock) spacers is the same with stock and with hop up uprights! For the F104 arms You do need F104 king pins so that should be OK but don't forget to tighten the set screw in upright that holds the king pin...
__________________
Tamiya TRF 416 WE
Tamiya F104 Pro wide and F104 Pro V2

Last edited by dfx; 07-11-2012 at 07:34 AM.
dfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #177
FMW
Tech Fanatic
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 767
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosfan View Post
Just got my ver. 2, what are must need spare parts?
Get the L parts (side links) and front suspension parts (plastic)
Those are the two must have parts in your pit box.

Also, here are some base set ups in case anyone wanted to get a decent starting point using rubber tires on both carpet and asphalt.

http://www.teamtrf.com/index.php/set...ategory/7-f104
FMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #178
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfx View Post
Use only the 3 original spacers...

EDIT: It looks that I'm wrong, those 1.5mm spacers are probably needed to match the size of the stock plastic uprights. Make sure that the size of uprights with (stock) spacers is the same with stock and with hop up uprights! For the F104 arms You do need F104 king pins so that should be OK but don't forget to tighten the set screw in upright that holds the king pin...
thanks dfx..
so it will be 3 spacer on top and 2 spacer on bottom...since the hop up upright is shorter than the original plastic upright.
one more question... the screw on the upright, its suppose to screw it to center of the kingpin? which have line for e-ring? or it can be anywhere...

thanks
__________________
Tamiya M05 Pro, Spec-R R1, F104 Pro V2 and AE FT SC10 4x4
Hobbywing V3, Just Stock and SCRT Pro Sanwa MT4
k4mp4q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:21 AM   #179
dfx
Tech Adept
 
dfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4mp4q View Post
so it will be 3 spacer on top and 2 spacer on bottom...since the hop up upright is shorter than the original plastic upright.
one more question... the screw on the upright, its suppose to screw it to center of the kingpin? which have line for e-ring? or it can be anywhere...
One silver spacer at the top and one at the bottom should be the stock position (equal to the plastic upright) but all spacers can be used to adjust ride height.
Set screw can be anywhere (it depeds on the ride height adjustment) but the front suspension works best when the upright doesn't slide on king pin...therefore the screw needs to be tighten (threadlock recommended).
__________________
Tamiya TRF 416 WE
Tamiya F104 Pro wide and F104 Pro V2
dfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #180
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfx View Post
One silver spacer at the top and one at the bottom should be the stock position (equal to the plastic upright) but all spacers can be used to adjust ride height.
Set screw can be anywhere (it depeds on the ride height adjustment) but the front suspension works best when the upright doesn't slide on king pin...therefore the screw needs to be tighten (threadlock recommended).
Ok° thanks again..

I will try the setup from the trf website...will see how it goes tomorrow...
__________________
Tamiya M05 Pro, Spec-R R1, F104 Pro V2 and AE FT SC10 4x4
Hobbywing V3, Just Stock and SCRT Pro Sanwa MT4
k4mp4q is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya F104 Pro! NT Electric On-Road 9322 Yesterday 04:16 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:23 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0