Search

cool can fans

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 01:03 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

Default cool can fans

Hi,

A friend of mine has made up and designed these brackets for most popular 10th electric touring cars, these brackets are made of blue fibre, they are on ebay and avalible from the UK for shipping to most places, they have been tested for a while and more is being done at the moment, and the results are good. this product comes with the fan and fitments and easy to follow instructions.

I know lexan has been used but this offers more stability for the fan as it is solid and not flexable.

let me know what you guys think, please be constructive if you have criticism

this is the direct link to ebay
http://search.ebay.co.uk/cool-can-fans_W0QQfltZ9

many thanks guys

J-P
Old 02-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i saw those the other day. Im trying to wrap my head around how any of those would fit on an xray. If your friend has any pics of them mounted that may help his sales as, id be interested in getting one knowing how they fit.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

only downside i can see is that you solder it to your motor tabs so wouldn't this mean the fan only works when power is applied? rather than it being on all the time (if it was plugged into the reciever)

it will still cool the motor but will it cool the motor as much as other fans out there do (such as the tc4 kit, the reedy one etc)
Old 02-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

its a really great idea! but i wouldent buy one unless i can mod it somehow to plug into my reciver cause im not soldering it to my motor tabs!??
Old 02-06-2005, 01:48 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

NVisable,

he's looking at the xray at the moment, if you email him through ebay he will get back to you or i will ask for you

raving-monkey,

i solder mine onto my battery wires, it means it will run all the time but just conect up just before you are put on the track, as for it running all the time ive not seen any drop in run time and performance of my cells just betters performance from my motors as they are running slightly cooler. maybe you should get one to cool your EAmotors you've been running

kh15,

you could put the wires in a spare plug so it fits into you reciver, i know you can get spare plugs, and thanks for the point, it maybe something he could add into the kits in the future if these really take off like they seem to be doing.

J-P
Old 02-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

With the exchange rate to the US I could buy another motor for what it'd cost me....
Old 02-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

TOO MUCH $$$$$$$ That is insane for a piece of carbon fiber that holds a fan. I would sooner just shoe goo a fan to the chassis, Easier and a bunch cheaper.
1) one fan 3.5GBP
2) one tube Shoe Goo 1.25GBP
3 Total 4.75GBP
hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
a difference of 15.24GBP which translate to over $30.00 saved.
I can see my wife signing off on that price tag...OVER $44.00 for a fan holder....
Sorry you ask for critisim.
Just my two pennies,
Stephen <><
Old 02-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

really didnt know the exchange rate but that is insanely high. mebe i should sell those too. for about mebe $10USD each. sure it might not be blue but then again im sure i can make them with other stuff. 1/4 plexi is definly stiff enough and you can mill alot of weight off too. and thick paperclips do the job for me anyways.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

way to expensive.... it doesnt look like carbon fiber either.. it looks like blue fiberglass... you could buy a whole sheet of fiberglass, and cut 30-40 for the same price...

its a cool idea, but way way over priced...even if they were carbon fiber or machined aluminum thats still expensive...
Old 02-06-2005, 11:30 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

hey guy's,

I know it seems expensive for you guys because of the exchange rate!! i know that if I get anything from the states i get a good deal , but the same does not work in reverse. I did say it was blue fibre. the thing is as well that over here the small fans cost alot, trust me I myself have tryed to get them but they are more than £7GBP each if you buy them buy them self

yeah, thanks for critism it's constructive and thats what he needs

Maybe someone knows a distributer or LHS who would be interested in bulk buys?? just an idea.

NVisable he's got them for the XRAY, drop him an email if interested

thanks guys

J-P
Old 02-07-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by J-P
hey guy's,

I know it seems expensive for you guys because of the exchange rate!! i know that if I get anything from the states i get a good deal , but the same does not work in reverse. I did say it was blue fibre. the thing is as well that over here the small fans cost alot, trust me I myself have tryed to get them but they are more than £7GBP each if you buy them buy them self

yeah, thanks for critism it's constructive and thats what he needs

Maybe someone knows a distributer or LHS who would be interested in bulk buys?? just an idea.

NVisable he's got them for the XRAY, drop him an email if interested

thanks guys

J-P
how about our little friend over at CS..hey its worth a try

oh and JP, sorry but ive got a tc4 fan and duct on order

Last edited by raving-monkey; 02-07-2005 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by NVisible
i saw those the other day. Im trying to wrap my head around how any of those would fit on an xray. If your friend has any pics of them mounted that may help his sales as, id be interested in getting one knowing how they fit.
If you are looking at how to put a fan in for an XRAY. I'd tried a couple of method. First, I just shoe-goo'ed it onto a piece of kydex and mounted it like this.

Then I got lazy and mounted it on the bulkhead pointing down when I changed chassis.

The cooling effect of what's in the pic was quite a bit better than zip tie'ing it on the bulkhead and pointing down toward the motor.

Dom
Old 02-07-2005, 02:43 AM
PaZ
Tech Master

any chance it would fit a warpspeed Demon 1? looks cool i like it
Old 02-07-2005, 03:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nice for XXX-S owners, but I what I really would like to see would be a model that you could wrap around standard 540 motor (like all those aluminium heatsinks), so it would fit into almost any car. Used material here causes some limitations I know, but product made from aluminium that would have heatsink and additional holder for endbell fan would be damn nice.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:55 AM
Tech Adept

Here`s what I`ll be using in my pro4:

The fan/cooling-clip is from jce-racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.