cool can fans

Old 02-08-2005, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

kufman, a fellow racer installed a screen on the chassis of his TC4 and no longer has a fan fuzz problem, even the screen doesn't get clogged. On my XRAY the fan is vertical and placed longitudinally so fuzz is not a major problem.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i bought the associated cooling fans with the receiver wire already on, can i hook them up to the third channel or how does that work?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:33 AM
J-P
Tech Regular

if you dont run a PT and have a spare channel left the thats the way to do it.

J-P
Old 02-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey J-P,
Got your email, glad I could help, I look forward to seeing what you guys develop.

Regards
Ed
Old 02-08-2005, 11:57 AM
J-P
Tech Regular

again many thanks for you help and input Ed,

again guys keep telling me what you think and what cars you would like them for as this all helps,(just try and foget about the exchange rate problem )

J-P
Old 02-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Had a word with malcolm to go to fibre lyte to see how much for carbon fibre is
It will look alot better then blue glassfibre, make it even more attractive
Still if he can`t get that done at a good price ,then i might chat up jason at BMI,
Old 02-08-2005, 11:22 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

Thanks Mr Jolly,

he said he a a word or two with you on the dog and bone(that will get em) , i think that carbon is the way to go as like you said, most cars are carbon fibre now.

J-P
Old 02-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

the last time i put my much more fan close to my motor like that it stopped. i put it down to the magnets in the motor. any one else experienced this?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:49 AM
J-P
Tech Regular

Hi Adamkerrnz,

i've not seen it but it could be something to do with the fan having bearings or bushings! if it has bearings the magnets could pull the bearing downwards causing it stop or bind!! i do know this for sure but its a possibilty!!

J-P
Old 02-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

hmm never had that happen. was it running before you stuck it close to your motor?
Old 02-13-2005, 01:44 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

Hey guys,

run a test/prototype fan and bracket today, very pleased with it and had no problems with it at all. will post some pics tommorow if i can work out how to get them onto the thread

J-P
Old 02-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey J-P,
Any more info regarding prototypes? kinda thinking i might need a fan on the car... following the cooked motor at the weekend.

If you need somewhere to host your pics, send them to me on an email, and I'll host them on my site for you.

Regards
Ed
Old 02-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Best way for Fans, wire them directly on the batt, it'll work on 7.2V so will revv much quicker, and no pb with the 3rd channel whatsoever
Old 02-15-2005, 11:31 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

hey tryhard,

yeah i saw the cooked motor on the EA thread. ive past your email onto the guy doing it and he's going to get in contact with you for some more measurements, as long as you dont mind?? im sure he will look after you once the designs been done for the 415 i have some pics of the pro4 COOL CAN FAN i run at the weekend i can email them over to you, but i would like to put them on here as well, im working out how to do that at the mo!!!

trf415boy,

i agree with you as thats the way i wire mine in, but these fans are coming with a conector on them and then you can either use in the reciveror cut it of and just solder the wire's in.

they are now starting to go out. and once they are all ready in carbon i will post pics of each one and what make and model they are for. thanks for the input guys keep it coming

by the way we've had two orders from the USA, people dont mind the exchange rate that much as the postage wont be alot!!

thanks again guys

J-P
Old 02-20-2005, 12:37 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

hey guys,

run he pro4 proto type today, found the drop in temp to be 20/25 degrees celcius(sorry if the spelling is wrong) the readings were taken buy colin of c-s racing whoimports EA and brood motors into the UK, here is some pics of the fan/bracket, let me know what you think. more will be posted late next week when they are all in and made of 1mm carbon.

thanks

J-P

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.