Search
Like Tree2Likes

Hobbywing Xerun V3

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
... reflashing the ESC didn't improve the problem I had with inadequate braking power, although I noticed that the motor used seemed to affect overall brake strength. I ran a Thunder Power 9.5 in my TC this weekend, and had pretty strong brakes. When I swapped the 9.5 for a Murfdogg 10.5, I had virtually no brakes whatsoever. ESC was recalibrated after each motor swap. One thing I noticed after taking both motors apart is that the rotor is closer to the sensor board in the TP; would anyone know if the distance between the rotor and the sensors determines how much braking strength is available?
No one has any insight on this theory? Could this problem be related to the communication between the ESC and the sensor board? If someone could answer this question, I'd be most appreciative.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ran a v3.1 Stock Spec with a boosted D3.5 4.5 a few weekends ago and had terrible brakes. I ran it out of the box. I'll try another firmware this weekend and see if that helps.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Hobby Wing Justock ESC question:

Hobby Wing Justock ESC question:

I installed a justock ECS for use in a 21.5 F1 car with a Futaba 4PKS. The ESC seems to have very limited bottom end (acts as if a torque limiter is on?). I've tried reprogramming the ESC, switching motors, sensor cables, switching radio models and even purchased the programming module with the hope of improving acceleration off the corners, but nothing has improved.

To that end, is this inherent with this ESC model or is it possible that I have a faulty ESC?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by madjack

I installed a justock ECS for use in a 21.5 F1 car with a Futaba 4PKS. The ESC seems to have very limited bottom end (acts as if a torque limiter is on?). I've tried reprogramming the ESC, switching motors, sensor cables, switching radio models and even purchased the programming module with the hope of improving acceleration off the corners, but nothing has improved.

To that end, is this inherent with this ESC model or is it possible that I have a faulty ESC?
Up the 'Punch' setting using the program box
Old 11-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Madjack I run Juststock in Gt Touring car that uses 21.5 motors. I have good lowend I think you may have a motor or a gearing issue. I do have my DRRS on 9 where is your DRRS set at.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
Madjack I run Juststock in Gt Touring car that uses 21.5 motors. I have good lowend I think you may have a motor or a gearing issue. I do have my DRRS on 9 where is your DRRS set at.
My DRRS is set at 9 also. The rollout is at 98 in my F1 so the gear should be spot on based on other ESC's I've used.

I've received some instructions & updates from HW, so hopefully that will help out the issue. Just need to find the time to load and test!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No one has any insight on this theory? Could this problem be related to the communication between the ESC and the sensor board? If someone could answer this question, I'd be most appreciative.
Honestly, not sure on this, never had an issue with the brakes on the V3.

Couple of things to check....
Set your reverse speed to 100%. I know you wouldn't be using reverse, but this can sometimes help with weak brakes.. although I've mainly heard of this on stock motors rather than mods.
Also, when recalibrating the esc, make sure that all end-points are set to 100% on the transmitter, not more or less, and that the trims are all at zero too.

Failing all that, just check the motors are all ok, if you can, switch out the sensor boards and cables, and make sure there aren't any shorts on the terminals.

Oh, and the esc turning off issue, if your setting brake endpoints and holding the brake, the esc has a auto turn-off function if the braks are held for (I think) 5 seconds.

Give those things a try and let us know.
HiH
Ed
Old 11-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Good ideas posted. Let us know if you get it figured out. Want to get you going!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bar
Does anyone know where i can find a blank setup sheet for the hobbywing v3.1?
I will work on getting you one.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:01 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
That would be much appreciated
Old 12-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
I would appreciate one too. I've wondered why one wasn't available on the HW site?
Old 12-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

The rotor of any motor must be shimmed correctly and that means the rotor must be as close to the sensor board hall sensors as possible or errors will occur like sensorless mode ,weak brakes etc .
Old 12-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The rotor of any motor must be shimmed correctly and that means the rotor must be as close to the sensor board hall sensors as possible or errors will occur like sensorless mode ,weak brakes etc .
To add info to cobraracing post:
http://speedyrc.blogspot.com.au/2013...otor-open.html

Info on correct motor shimming
idbdoug
Old 12-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Originally Posted by idbdoug
To add info to cobraracing post:
http://speedyrc.blogspot.com.au/2013...otor-open.html

Info on correct motor shimming
idbdoug
I tried this theory, using another motor that allows shimming the hall sensors REALLY close to the rotor. The braking performance was actually worse.

I'm using the ESC in an open touring class, so I could install a stronger rotor in the motor and see what happens... I'll report my findings after this weekend's race.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I had this same problem with several HW ESCs (from v2.1s to v3.1s) and a Revtech 17.5 motor. Unfortunately, I never resolved that problem with a Revtech motor. I had to switch motors in order to gain braking. I STILL don't know why my Revtech 17.5 had almost 0 brakes, even on full 100% brakes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.