3 Racing new f1 F113 >

3 Racing new f1 F113

Like Tree1Likes

3 Racing new f1 F113

Old 09-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I know that some are going to "flame me" for this; but I don't like this body at all!! Follow me on this: Back in the 90's when 4wd touring cars first became a huge hit with on-road racers everywhere, the biggest draw was not only their ability to run and handle great on asphalt and carpet, but at the time they came with beautiful "scale" bodies from the likes of Tamiya and HPI. Also, the wheels were scale looking as well, no ugly solid dish wheels in neon colors, etc. Same with the bodies; they were painted and decaled like real cars; no ugly weird neon and flames paint schemes! Then companies like Protoform and others introduced the ultra-aerodynamic "blob" bodies that weren't a copy of any real car. The wheel and tire manufacturers responded with the ugly dish wheels that didn't look like any real wheels. Scale realisim and the original charm of touring car racing was sacrificed at the altar of all-out performance and speed!!

I see this move by 3 racing as the beginning of the same end result for F1 rc racing, because the "performance addicts" who have to be fastest and win at all costs will buy these bodies and toss out their beautiful scale Tamiya F1 bodies. Then they will all dump the rubber tires and some manufacturer will start selling white or neon green dish wheels with foams to give the ultimate performance!! The result will be that mainstream F1 rc racing will go the route of touring cars and lose it's soul, it's identity, and the charm that drew us to F1 racing in the first place!
I agree. The body is hideous.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If it did actually look like that Leyton House, all we would hear is how awesome it looks

But it doesn't

Obviously a nice F1 paint job wouldn't hurt though

I see a lot of racers that don't care about looks so, I guess this body will sell well as it is light weight
Old 09-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

I would say with the correct front wing for the era and mounted on a 200mm wide chassis, it would look acceptable. Its all in how they have presented it, which makes it look so wrong and out of place...
Old 09-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow...., I just wanted to share how it's mounted on actual chassis, because I couldn't find any images since it came out

Forgive my lazy paint job... It could be looked better if it's painted right with F1 decals.... my bad....
Old 09-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spring71
Wow...., I just wanted to share how it's mounted on actual chassis, because I couldn't find any images since it came out

Forgive my lazy paint job... It could be looked better if it's painted right with F1 decals.... my bad....
I appreciate you taking the time to paint and mount up a body. Irregardless of whether it looks real or not.

Anyone know when the chassis will finally come out?
Old 09-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have mounted the body on my f1 ultra. It's really not that bad looking besides the.funky nose. Nice thing about it is how much room it has for pod movement and motor wires. Plus its cheap and available!

Having difficulties uploading the picture from my phone.

Paging Texas tc!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm on it
Attached Thumbnails 3 Racing new f1 F113-robertsf113body.jpg  
Old 09-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Clicking the link shows this photo. Real car next to the F113 body shows this body is scale.

But how scale are you looking for? Real F1 has IRS. How many Tamiya chassis come with IRS? How many Tamiya bodies are up to date with F1? Is your only "scale" issue dish wheels?
I do wish that all F1 rc cars had IRS, but that is not the case, so, I do prefer that the bodies, wings, and wheels/tires all be as scale as possible, whether the intent is to re-create a "vintage" F1 car like the McLarens or Ferraris or Lotus, etc of the 80s, etc, etc. or the intent is to emulate the current 2012 era F1 cars.
I am very against such cars as the current Corally F1 car which is nowhere near scale in chassis dimensions or wheels and tires. F1 chassis, whether solid rear axle such as Tamiya, or IRS such as the FGX should be to scale dimensions as much as possible. Tamiya currently uses one chassis type to replicate current F1 cars and vintage F1 from the 70s and 80s. They just supply different wheels/tires and front suspension and the appropriate body to go from a 2012 car to a 1980s car, and still look very scale! I hope I'm expaining this properly.

So my issue is much more than "dish wheels", it is the whole package, and I don't want to see F1 "hi-jacked" by the "performance addicts" and ruin it the way they did touring car. To further make my point, the only current "touring car" chassis class that I like is Vintage Trans Am, which puts affordability and scale looks ahead of all-out performance! The bodies must be scale and the wheels and tires as well in that class! They even require a driver figure in the car!! Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about!!

Before any of you dismiss what I'm saying; be honest with yourselves and think back to what drew you to F1 racing in the first place! Wasn't the first thing that got your attention the awesome scale looks of the cars, especially the better presented ones that looked like a real team car!! If you're honest, you know it was!! Do you really want to risk that being ruined?

Last edited by Team Lotus; 09-24-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Everybody take a deep breath. Track report from Racer Robert and his F113 body tells us that there was NO improvement in lap times. Do not sell your F1 cars, Do not shut down the UF1. I repeat, NO improvement in lap times. Do not sell your F1 cars, Do not shut down the UF1. That is all.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Old 09-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I am very against such cars as the current Corally F1 car which is nowhere near scale in chassis dimensions or wheels and tires. F1 chassis, whether solid rear axle such as Tamiya, or IRS such as the FGX should be to scale dimensions as much as possible. Tamiya currently uses one chassis type to replicate current F1 cars and vintage F1 from the 70s and 80s. They just supply different wheels/tires and front suspension and the appropriate body to go from a 2012 car to a 1980s car, and still look very scale! I hope I'm expaining this properly.
Yes, you do keep going on and on about it. I can even see your point with the Corally car. That said, and this is something I've seen you ignore numerous times: the 'very scale' Tamiya F1 cars aren't. The wheelbase is off substantially. With your whole scale argument that becomes very thin ice indeed.

Before any of you dismiss what I'm saying; be honest with yourselves and think back to what drew you to F1 racing in the first place!
Open wheeled racing.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well people who watch F1 cars race at our track recognize alle chassis as "model RC F1 cars" People don't even see the front suspension of the Corally, Tamiya or 3Racing cars. Nor do they comment on the scale aspect... So honoustly I don't understand the fuss against Corally cars. Well no need to. At our club we race all kinds of F1 chassis and we ALL have BIG FUN doing so We just like open wheeled racing....
Old 10-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Old 10-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Wow
Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc

Originally Posted by robk
Wow
+1

I like it, just waiting on the price...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.