Wiki Posts
Search

Wheel/Tire issue (brushless)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Wheel/Tire issue (brushless)

I have at T2 06 and it has a mamba max 7700 motor with 3 cell lipo. i tried using rubber tires and they ripped off the wheels. i went ahead and put on some foams and after the first time i tried going full throttle, three of the foams flew off the tires (never saw that before). i could not get more than 50mph because of traction issue.

I would rather use foams. Any suggestions on something that will be able to handle the power?

thanks.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jude26
I have at T2 06 and it has a mamba max 7700 motor with 3 cell lipo. i tried using rubber tires and they ripped off the wheels. i went ahead and put on some foams and after the first time i tried going full throttle, three of the foams flew off the tires (never saw that before). i could not get more than 50mph because of traction issue.

I would rather use foams. Any suggestions on something that will be able to handle the power?

thanks.
i think the problem may be just that the 3s is giving it way to much power, and yah 50mph is very fast and you can easily loose traction at this speed especially on something that isn't properly maintained and smooth and swept.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

this was bashing in a parking lot. i really want all out speed which is why i went with the extreme 3 cell. Trying to do 70+ with it.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You should be able to go more than 50 with rubber tire or foam. Not sure why you're loosing the tires at that speed.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

How quickly are you punching into the throttle? IF you're going full on, the torque may pop them loose...... although at 50 I still think it shouldn't, as many mod cars run that fast. Try rolling into the throttle if you are going on all at once, that way there isn't a full burst to try to rip them all at one time.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What Tires are you using??? Are your foams trued??? Most folks run the foams past 100mph for speed runs...
Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

I start it off slowly and than punched it midway through. As soon as I punched it, the three foams flew off. I'm going to try regluing them with CA glue and see if they hold.
I think it was just a generic foam tire. Can anyone recommend a good foam tire? I was thinking maybe the ATS tires that come with the schumacher fusion.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Were your tires not glued to begin with, I've had a mini cooper over 60 with rubber tires. Talk about wheel spin.