Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instead of TRF 415MS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default Instead of TRF 415MS?

I want to search a lot before i buy my stuff.
So first i thought gettingt one Tamiya TRF 415MS.
Do you have another car as a second choice?
Old 02-02-2005, 11:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

You have TONS of knowledge avalible to you in each car manufacturers thread on this site. Read through those threads if you want to make an educated buy, but any car bread for competition can win in the right persons hands.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

If your not going to buy an MS I would suggest you buy an regular 415 and upgrade with LW and Worlds kit later on
Old 02-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Instead of TRF 415MS?

Originally posted by Capone_GR
I want to search a lot before i buy my stuff.
So first i thought gettingt one Tamiya TRF 415MS.
Do you have another car as a second choice?
The TRF 415MS is a nice machine but VERY expensive (only thing I don't like about the car is the top plate screws are not countersunk).

I would only consider cars that your local tracks support, if a lot of guys have the 415 and your track has parts, then get it (if you can afford it). X-Ray FK is awsome, Corally RDX looks good, Schumacher MI2 looks sweet, HPI Pro 4, AE TC4 are all good and competitive.

The parts support thing in my mind is very important because you don't win races with a broken car.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Suspended

I AM GOING TO BUY AN REGULAR 415 NEXT WEEK.....THAT MS VERSION IS A LITTLE TO RICH FOR MY BLOOD....CHOCO
Old 02-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

The first thing you should have told us is what kind of racing are you going to be doing? Carpet, ashpalt, rubber, foam, stock, modified...give us some help. Believe it or not, but some cars are better than others in certain situations. For instance: DO NOT buy the MS if you plan on running foam tires on carpet.
Give us some help so we can help you!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by koabich
The first thing you should have told us is what kind of racing are you going to be doing? Carpet, ashpalt, rubber, foam, stock, modified...give us some help. Believe it or not, but some cars are better than others in certain situations. For instance: DO NOT buy the MS if you plan on running foam tires on carpet.
sorry,i plan to run it on ashpalt....parking lot running....can i run foams this way?
Old 02-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Ashpalt modified only limit is 12T motor.
Nothing more.
415 is very nice but so expensive!
Old 02-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

the money is worth it.i have been running tamiya cars for about four years now.in those four years i have never broke a arm only balls studs and c hubs and very few at that very durable cars.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

For ashpalt racing, you can run foams but they are not race legal unless your club has some special class. For this type of racing, the MS should be just about the best choice since it is the reigning World Champ!
But there are many other great cars. The Schumacher would be an excellet choice as well as the HPI, Corally RDX and the Yokomo plate chassis cars (not their CGM tub). Those would be my choices for asphalt. These are all great cars that are not too stiff for ashpalt and were more than likely designed with ashpalt racing in mind. The nice thing with the MS is that there is nothing you will need to be competitive except spares. With some of the cars I mentioned you will need to buy a front one-way and maybe some other stuff for more tuning options.
I do have a feeling that the TC4 will be a great ashpalt car once they figure out the set-up.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:32 AM
Suspended

For ashpalt racing, you can run foams but they are not race legal unless your club has some special class. For this type of racing, the MS should be just about the best choice since it is the reigning World Champ!
But there are many other great cars. The Schumacher would be an excellet choice as well as the HPI, Corally RDX and the Yokomo plate chassis cars (not their CGM tub). Those would be my choices for asphalt. These are all great cars that are not too stiff for ashpalt and were more than likely designed with ashpalt racing in mind. The nice thing with the MS is that there is nothing you will need to be competitive except spares. With some of the cars I mentioned you will need to buy a front one-way and maybe some other stuff for more tuning options.
I do have a feeling that the TC4 will be a great ashpalt car once they figure out the set-up.
THANKS A BUNCH....CHOCO
Old 02-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

The MS is a great asphault kit out of the box, and for what you get it is NOT expensive. In fact it's a downright bargain. If you bought any other car and put that much aluminium and hop-ups on it, it would cost you well over what the MS sells for.