Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tosolini vs. Me

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well I thought this was all bounced around in the last thread....what happend to that one? Got locked....much like this one will. Is this really something for us as 3rd party people to comment on or even care about?

What a shame that these are the topics we are so worried about. Last time I looked this site was called RC Tech....

I understand the sitution as told by many different people....why not be the bigger man and forgive? To pass judgment on someone or some event without being there is just as wrong as the supposed incident.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 02-02-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Entropy
This is where a respectable sponsored driver will turn the tables and show what he's made of.

Either walk away from the confrontation, or resolve the matter in a gentlemanly way.

That "chicken farmer" was antagonistic is no excuse to act back in the same way, especially when you have the responsibility of being a sponsored driver (a role model of sorts, within the hobby).

No one gives a shit if this was over a pool game in a bar, but this happened at the track, and thats where the sponsored driver has to excercise his responsibility.
Dude thats fine and dandy somewhere but the fact is the guy is human like anyone else and in the heat of the moment anything can happen. Notice the only one crying fowl is chieken farmer. Chris hasnt come on here and said anything. If this would have happen between to unknowns we would have never heared about it. How do you know being from singapore know what the atmosphere is at socal raceway. I know chris and have hanged with him. I dont know the other guy but from his comments he sounds alike a little whinner cry baby who was breast fed to long!

How many times have you been hit while practicing and let it go without a comment. And when you commented did the other party stay quiet and not respond!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is where a respectable sponsored driver will turn the tables and show what he's made of.

Either walk away from the confrontation, or resolve the matter in a gentlemanly way.

That "chicken farmer" was antagonistic is no excuse to act back in the same way, especially when you have the responsibility of being a sponsored driver (a role model of sorts, within the hobby).

No one gives a shit if this was over a pool game in a bar, but this happened at the track, and thats where the sponsored driver has to excercise his responsibility.
This PFB acted like a jerk when he posted "Oh great that's awesome, thank you!" that is not the way to get an appologee. I would have told him to pound sand with attitude. If he would have said "hey man what is going on?" And allowed him to respond accordingly, things could have been completely different.
Second Chris is a human not some sort of sponcered hero...If you think just becaused he spouncered makes him any less of a human and under that title makes him IMPERFECT. I have respnded porly before becasue some guy was smarting off so who is right or wrong......BOTH. Chock it up to being human....Man lets move on and talk about something worth the bandwidth required to show us all this non-sence.

Hey I heard there will be a new release of the Rayspeed chassis upgrade for the Yokomo SSG????
Should be real neat....
Stephen <><
Old 02-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nathan (drifter) was on track first, people should acknowledge that his run will be over in 5-8 minutes. If I am a competitive racer, I could not possible better my times with the drifters outrunning, unless avoiding cars is part of my practice.

Any collision is Normal when you are racing--- we call it "breaks ofthe game" and is unintentional. With SoCal's track beig very tight it will be unavoidable. Nathan, you calling it "intentional" can get you in trouble, unless you can prove it.

This thing could have been settled right there and then only if you approached him and air your side. Your exchange of words at the track is childish and disrespectful to both parties.

cris being a pro, intensifies his behavier towards nathan.

RC is fun-- lets keep it that way! The world has too much problems already---- peace!!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lem2
Nathan (drifter) was on track first, people should acknowledge that his run will be over in 5-8 minutes. If I am a competitive racer, I could not possible better my times with the drifters outrunning, unless avoiding cars is part of my practice.

Any collision is Normal when you are racing--- we call it "breaks ofthe game" and is unintentional. With SoCal's track beig very tight it will be unavoidable. Nathan, you calling it "intentional" can get you in trouble, unless you can prove it.

This thing could have been settled right there and then only if you approached him and air your side. Your exchange of words at the track is childish and disrespectful to both parties.

cris being a pro, intensifies his behavier towards nathan.

RC is fun-- lets keep it that way! The world has too much problems already---- peace!!!!
Your right lem the world has enough problems.

Old 02-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hmm....

People have mention that Chris was "working".....
Drifter says he paid his money to practice.......
Did Chris "pay" for his track time or part of his "pay"?
Chris hit him and others numerous times according to the posts in here...

Seems Chris needs a lot more practice time that the drifters and learn how to drive..... Not a joke, just an observation from the posts in here....

Chris also needs to get a grip on promoting the hobby... This is a perfect example of what not to do..... ANy time you are on top of your field people will hold you to different standards that other people...

AND at least one of the 2 people involved put up his side of the story... Plus he mention that on another forum that Chris was "bragging" about hs "run-in" with a drifter, another bad example....

I'm sure Chris is not a "bad" person, but then again all the good he may have done could be "clouded" but this one time incident..

Just my observation.....
Old 02-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

I seen the post where Chris mentioned making contact with a drifter car on the Sol Cal track.

In any case, if both drivers paid their fee to practice then both drivers have the right to be on the track. Also, by racing or drifting or flying or whatever form of RC you participate in you take the risk of having your car/boat/plane damaged during it's use.

None of us (people on rctech.net) were there to see this incident happen, so we can't comment on "who's fault was it". Stuff happens on the track, you and Chris have to accept it.

Remember, it's just toy cars and bowling trophies.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Hey I heard there will be a new release of the Rayspeed chassis upgrade for the Yokomo SSG????
Should be real neat....
Stephen <><
No OTing pls

Yeah I've seen pics, looks like u can slide the cells around like an oval car...
Old 02-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ddesros2
I seen the post where Chris mentioned making contact with a drifter car on the Sol Cal track.

In any case, if both drivers paid their fee to practice then both drivers have the right to be on the track. Also, by racing or drifting or flying or whatever form of RC you participate in you take the risk of having your car/boat/plane damaged during it's use.

None of us (people on rctech.net) were there to see this incident happen, so we can't comment on "who's fault was it". Stuff happens on the track, you and Chris have to accept it.

Remember, it's just toy cars and bowling trophies.
None of us were there when a bear shits in the woods but I know it happened....

Sorry, just could not resist it....
Old 02-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Pigeon,

Why don't you just send a PM to him, or at least don't give any name, this forum is not People Magazine...
Old 02-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

No OTing pls

Yeah I've seen pics, looks like u can slide the cells around like an oval car...
Post me up a link,
I have only heard about it,
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 02-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Post me up a link,
I have only heard about it,
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Sorry, dont think I recall seeing any pics online.

I read them off either RCWorld or RCMagazine, both Japanese publications.

2 things stand out, the slidable battery tray and raised upperdeck with delrin spacers. However it may change by release since those were prototype photos of the Rayspeed 2. Its still a very pretty chassis, very much the same way the Rayspeed 1 chassis impressed us when it first came out.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

geeze, can't we let this die... this talk about him bragging on another forum, have you seen it? if not, don't even mention it.. and like many other ppl have said, talk to him right away, dont wait weeks later... the way you repsonded to chris, yeah, i can understand a smart ass reply from him, would expect it from most people... something to think about, watch the cars that race... the fast guys are keeping the same line within inches normally.. what about you?
Old 02-02-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default this is an issue of sportsmanship and nothing more.

i remember one year at the cactus when a novice was taking factory drivers out in a mod truck heat, some a-main drivers didnt make the show because of it.

shame that happened, it only takes one act of poor sportsmanship to ruin somebodys day; sponsored or not.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:22 AM
The Evicerator

GRAVE DIGGER!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.