Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TT01 Gearing Question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

Default Tamiya TT01 Gearing Question.

Does anybody know what gearing to run with a monster horsepower stock.

Also the speedo that comes with the car ( kit form ) can it handle a stock ?????????

Thanks for your help..
Old 02-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

as far as gearing...no I don't have answer to that...someone will.

as far as ESC, I can answer that for you and the answer to that is yes and no. Why? Technically speaking, the ESC is rated up to 23 Turn motor regardless winds. It was designed to handle up to a Sport Tuned motor which is a 23 Turn single motor albeit less power compared to regular 23 Turn single stock motor because of the can design and brush angle. BUT...the wires would not handle the power that the ROAR stock motor need (because it's so tiny..therefore VERY RESTRICTIVE) not to mention how inefficient those bullet connectors are. Basically...for bashing, it's ok. For Racing, unless you're running to stock Johnsons/Mabuchis, you better off buying those cheap intellipeaks from duratrax just to be safe or else you'll want to keep a fire extinguisher handy.

$.02
Old 02-02-2005, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Arrow

Hey, I have played with a TT-01 before with a stock. If you want to race you will need to upgrade the ESC. You don't need anything flash just a second hand Novak TC2, TC, Atom,Dually, Rooster, Super rooster, LRP runner or futaba MC330 or something. look for a quality brand but not the newest best thing on the block. I would suggest the stock 61 spur and play with pinions between 20-24. AND I WILL WARN YOU-, Buy the bearing set for it and install it before you run it. My mate ran one with a monster stock in it and the diff bushings melted and the shaft warped. Tamiya just crap on them selves by putting those cheap shit plastic bushings in their entry level cars