Wiki Posts
Search

New rules for the upcoming IFMAR Touring Car championship

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default New rules for the upcoming IFMAR Touring Car championship

"5.4.4 The number of tyres is restricted during the Event:
Open practise and "early morning practice": the use of controlled tyres is mandatory but they must
not be marked.
Controlled practice, Qualifications and finals:
Only two sets of controlled tyres to be used without any additives.

The first two controlled practices must be run on new tyres.
These wheels and tyres must be marked as to identify the proper driver and may not leave the tyre
impound area except when fixed on the car being on the way to/from tech/track/impound and vice
versa.
Tyre treatment may be checked by all available means without warning, even during impound.
Suspicious tyres may be confiscated for further investigation during or after the race. When found
positive the concerned driver may be banned from any IFMAR event for four years "

http://www.ifmar.org/pdf/rules/ifmar...track_2012.pdf
What do you think about it?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I think the drama from the Nitro worlds has overspilled in to the electric rules. 2 sets? it's worlds, not let's see who's going to "crash" on the first lap for the most quals to save their tires...
Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

I think it's a good idea as long as they choose a tyre that works in the conditions rather than one that only works with liberal applications of additive!

I take it that no tyres are allowed out of the track impound? No tyres in the pits? Effective for scrutineering, but I hope they have enough room for 20 drivers to be putting tyres on or taking tyres off their cars at any given time!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

It is what it is. I don't mind it.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I think the drama from the Nitro worlds has overspilled in to the electric rules. 2 sets? it's worlds, not let's see who's going to "crash" on the first lap for the most quals to save their tires...
Considering they run qual points, I doubt anyone will throw away a round.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

IMHO it will be interesting to see what technical solutions will be adopted by manufacturers and teams to minimize tire wear without sacrificing performance.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74
IMHO it will be interesting to see what technical solutions will be adopted by manufacturers and teams to minimize tire wear without sacrificing performance.
This doesn't help:
5.2.1 Weight, ready to race excluding timing equipment, at all times during the race:
 4WD - 1450 grams minimum
Old 04-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Considering they run qual points, I doubt anyone will throw away a round.
Didn't they do that last worlds? Since they drop rounds, some teams made sure that two drivers didn't run new tires in the same round?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

BTW, this is the track where the race will be held: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6jflXJUAEk
Old 04-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think it will be a comlete shambles !!!!

This is the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS and you limit tyres to 2 sets for controlled practice , Quali , and race wow how stupid !!!!!!

And if you have a destroyed tyre this set is now no use so you only have 1 set !!!!

No tyre additive STUPID this wont work and there will be problems , but if your tyres are impounded then you cannot warm them either , and what do you use to clean your tyres with ??? this is an additive !!!!!

I say this will be one to watch but for all the wrong reasons , i will be sat in the bar at the track , beer in hand watching the Drift worlds !!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

well it certainly will be interesting. I am ok with the no additive thing...but the tire limit might be a concern depending on the track and the tire...but it will be the same for everyone. I am not sure how they are going to enforce the no additive thing even with the tires being in compound. How do you prevent someone from "cleaning" the tires just after or just before the run. I guess no one will be allow any sort of "towel or shirt sleeve" near the cars after or before the runs? going to be hard to enforce that I think.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
well it certainly will be interesting. I am ok with the no additive thing...but the tire limit might be a concern depending on the track and the tire...but it will be the same for everyone. I am not sure how they are going to enforce the no additive thing even with the tires being in compound. How do you prevent someone from "cleaning" the tires just after or just before the run. I guess no one will be allow any sort of "towel or shirt sleeve" near the cars after or before the runs? going to be hard to enforce that I think.
Tyre treatment may be checked by all available means without warning, even during impound.
Suspicious tyres may be confiscated for further investigation during or after the race. When found
positive the concerned driver may be banned from any IFMAR event for four years

Sounds like conformation by threat?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

And what is the reason for only two sets rule? Saving tire sets on the worlds? No additive??? No one even thought of that since this happened in nitro scene ... and why no additive?

This reminds me of FIA making rules for F1

But as someone mentioned it will be funny to watch.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Rick, I think the weight has been lowered slightly, I understand there has been a postal vote, and it's been dropped to 1380g. Not as far as it could / should, but it's a step in the right direction I guess.

As to what I think about the rules, honestly, nope, for me the combo of all these rules has gone too far.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is a topic on Facebook i started a while ago check out the comments !!!

ISTC worlds in Heemstede , NO TYRE ADDITIVE ALLOWED !!!!! whats this all about ??????
Like ·
Marc Rheinard this is stupid stuff ...

Marcel Pinkster ‎2april joke:-)

Phil Hoggart nope it is real , how can this work and only 3 sets of tyres for the whole worlds HAHAHAHAHA

Marc Rheinard actually its the truth and no april-joke !

Phil Hoggart Marc you need to use a 13.5 then you look after the tyres

Marc Rheinard ‎2 sets i heard

Howard H Lo RUN FOAMS....LOL
Man, this is crazy...is that the 1st ever? World event and no tire additive?

Phil Hoggart even at the 1:8 worlds they were using additive !!!!!! i set for practice and 2 for the quali and race

Steven Curtis-rich Next it will be 10.5 a mod is tooooo fast!!! Muppets!

Phil Hoggart wonder how they will control the "cheating"

Zdenko Kunák No additive and also no warmers as i heard

Marcel Pinkster thats all crazy marc. will that work?

Rob Janssen Not allowed says who ?? The MACH or the EFRA ??

Phil Hoggart i here from EFRA there will be no additive allowed !!!! this will be the worst worlds ever !!!!

Craig Lee could see that coming

Phil Hoggart it will just bring on the thought of "who is cheating" this is a big mistake and i am glad i will not be attending

Howard H Lo Would running slower turn motor with boost help if there are no sauce for tire? Just wondering...

Craig Lee will they let you clean tyres and what with

Phil Hoggart i think you will be allowed to use Spit on a clean paper towel !!!!

Phil Hoggart Howard , i duno MACH is a fast flowing track that needs power and the is now a chicane coming onto the straight and this will need some power to rip out of it

Pasquinel Neys Is it ŕ big problem if its the same for al drivers? If there is ŕ normal and good way to do tech. inspection?

Howard H Lo Phil...I am sure Toni and Marc will have some idea for that.

Markus Mobers own mistake by some drivers gremium......

Phil Hoggart do you think the Drivers have voted this in ??? i dont think they would want this

Markus Mobers well, its a misunderstanding between the gremium and IFMAR/EFRA. Drivers wanted one additive only.....a handout one....just like 1/12.....but somehow Ifmar/Efra got is wrong.....

Uwe Rheinard Dirvers gremium at IFMAR?? Sorry Markus, drivers gremium is only in real motorsport like GPDA in formula 1!! LOL unbelievable decisions

Markus Mobers no, thats not what I said Uwe. You know how it went....some guys wanted only one additive....and proposed this.....

Markus Mobers But Uwe you are right, there must be a gremium for future, for every class.....drivers should decide....not officials!

Phil Hoggart something needs to change with this sport or there will be no more worlds , this is a stupid rule made by people who dont race !!!!

Markus Mobers thats a huge problem.....correct......thats why people dont go to offical DMC, EFRA or IFMAR races.....they are only needed for prestige.....not for fun.....

Pieter Sorber And 1/12 also no additive?

Robert Krens That will be some empty qualifing with guys saving tyres... Stupid rule...

Oli Meggitt I put together a feature on this whilst we were at the LRP Masters this weekend. Some interesting views from drivers. Will hopefully be up later this week.

Markus Mobers they wanna show that TC is cheap, no additive and only 2 sets of tyres lol

Phil Hoggart Oli , did you talk to the drivers about the up coming worlds ???

Phil Hoggart your other videos were great , thanks for keeping us in touch with the action all weekend

Pieter Sorber Looks like I am reading the whole 1/8 additive story again ... pffffffff

Phil Hoggart I think this is what EFRA wants arguments and accusations , stupid stupid rule

Vasco Christiaanse No additive makes no sense at all.. neither does the tire regulation

It's the WORLDS for gods sake! Preparation takes so much money, and then they want to cut the costs by limiting tires to two sets and no additive? Worlds should be run with a new set for every run, same for everybody.. no strategic games just hardcore racing every single round.

Robert Krens ‎+1 for Vasco!

Phil Hoggart ‎+2 vas , i believe tge same what is another 100 euros for tyres when it costs 1000's to race !!!!

Howard H Lo To keep the cost down..? Must be a April Fool Joke....LOL

Robert Krens Now even with a podcast talking with some worlds drivers:
http://www.rcracingtv.net/2012/04/05...za-toppings-2/
Podcast Episode 1: Tarmac, Tyres and Pizza Toppings
www.rcracingtv.net
Recorded at the LRP Masters 2012 in Eppelheim, Germany. Oli immerses himse...See more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.