Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spec/Handout Speedo thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Newsflash, AMERICANS WILL NEVER BE EUROPEANS AND VICE VERSA !!! Stop trying to make that your agenda !
Old 04-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
It boils down to (In my opinion) to Americans are Lazy and want everyone their way now. Its completely different over there.

EA
Just playing Devil's advocate again, but isn't spec'ing the search for rip out of the equation an embodiment of lazy? Honestly when you eliminate one tuning element, you eliminate the associated work. That seems to fly in the face of any "Lazy American" argument, at least for those of us who like to tune.

I mean, like I said, I love the idea for STOCK, and think it could work. But when you make something easier for the sake of eliminating work...........
Old 04-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Newsflash, AMERICANS WILL NEVER BE EUROPEANS AND VICE VERSA !!! Stop trying to make that your agenda !
Whatever....Sell all you RC stuff and do us all a favor with your attitude.... Im sure your a true ambassador for your club!

EA
Old 04-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Eric, over half of RCTech has this guy on their ignore list... or just skips over his posts without reading. Don't feed into it, it is like arguing with a brick wall.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Ok... I know this a bit off topic, but I personally feel this whole class structure has been beaten worse then night with Bobby Bown. I feel the key to helping on-road is in the race format. The reason for 5mins goes way back to the days that batteries could only last 4:45mins. We are wayyyyyyyy past this point. The concept of qualifies the same amount of time as a race.... really...

Howard - how was the format for VTA nationals that you just attended? I think it was 1 or 2 lap run for Qualifying... Round 2 was 6mins, Round 3 was 8mins, Mains.... A was 20mins, B was 10mins....

Ok.. back to topic... spec....

So why not have it all?
Stock - Spec Speedo, Spec Motor, Spec Body, Spec Tires (1 set)
Pro Stock - Spec Speedo, Spec Tires (2 sets)
Mod - Open.
?????
If you 86 the "pro stock" sandbagger extraordinaire class and just leave it to;

Stock - spec the tires, motor and esc
Mod - open

Now you have a formula, but pro-stock, the place where pro's get to race to stock isn't or never should have been a class
Old 04-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Just playing Devil's advocate again, but isn't spec'ing the search for rip out of the equation an embodiment of lazy? Honestly when you eliminate one tuning element, you eliminate the associated work. That seems to fly in the face of any "Lazy American" argument, at least for those of us who like to tune.

I mean, like I said, I love the idea for STOCK, and think it could work. But when you make something easier for the sake of eliminating work...........
Yes but the tunning days of Speedo's are gone. There will be no more boosted classes at any big races this year more than likely (not speaking for any races especially yours) but have heard the rumors from a lot already.

Honestly....I would much rather spend my time at the track working on car setup than Rotors, motors, speedo's, etc, etc, etc. You'll gain more on the stop watch working on your car and setup much faster than you will working on the speedo in a shitty car.

EA
Old 04-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

It's not the first time Americans have been called Lazy, while the world has seen far many more years of Work for the benefit of the really LAZY people.... Why now should we emulate those who belittle us ????
Old 04-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by abailey21
If you 86 the "pro stock" sandbagger extraordinaire class and just leave it to;

Stock - spec the tires, motor and esc
Mod - open

Now you have a formula, but pro-stock, the place where pro's get to race to stock isn't or never should have been a class

Adam,

There are some guys that will never be talented enough to race modified. Is it fair to tell those guys you have to run Modified? Again...the American way is I want a class I can win...so create more classes....thats what has happened over the years it seems.

2 classes is good and then have VTA as the "hobby class". They use F1 as the hobby class over there.

EA
Old 04-16-2012, 06:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Adam,

There are some guys that will never be talented enough to race modified. Is it fair to tell those guys you have to run Modified? Again...the American way is I want a class I can win...so create more classes....thats what has happened over the years it seems.

2 classes is good and then have VTA as the "hobby class". They use F1 as the hobby class over there.

EA
Are you saying I can't race mod????

I do agree by breaking up the monotony by using VTA and or F1.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by abailey21
Are you saying I can't race mod????

I do agree by breaking up the monotony by using VTA and or F1.
yep..and me too! LOL Not saying you CANT....maybe more like we SHOULDNT try! LOL
EA
Old 04-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Is it wrong to want to win??? Or is it wrong because it's American??? Wow......
Old 04-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Rookie

They are not mutually exclusive.

There is no reason why you cannot have the ultra expensive top of the line racing and a spec class that uses slightly older but cheaper technology.

I think it comes down to a fun per dollar or fun per hour ratio. It is hard to quantify how much fun you are having, but I think most would have nearly an equal amount in either class so it'd be nice to save some $$$ doing it and possibly have greater involvement.

Tan
Old 04-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Here is a suggestion: wait for ROAR to lead us forward, and close this (mutinious) thread ......... AMERICA RULES !!!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by hairy
I know this won't be received well but ,
as a racer paying for everything I have to race, I would tend to avoid these type of races, not that i go to a lot of them now, because i have spent my money to be able to race at my local track, (car, electrics etc....).
Then to attend a dream race like the Nats or so, it would be adding expenses to what already takes almost a year to save for( travel lodging, food, extras.)
i think we worry too much about what is in the car instead of teaching how to tune the car. I can give Eric my car and with the same set up that i can't T.Q. with he can. Skil land knowledge can not be regulated and these are the two most important things to be a great racer. We try too much to regulate everything and don't foster the idea of getting good and building the skills.
A $2,000 race car in the hands of a rookie will perform no better for then a $200. car, you must learn to steer before you can drive.
ok you can turn on the flame throwers now, I'm done
Thanks for the post! You are correct that it doesnt matter what you have in your car if the person doesnt know how to drive it or work on it.

EA
Old 04-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You know guys at the end of the day when all discussion is over then if this is how the hobby must evolve, then so be it. I seem to remember a time when we (most of us anyway) said much of the same things about V.T.A. racing (myself included) , Lipo batteries, & brushless motors.
If that's the way it goes so be it, those of us who work all week just to play with toy cars will still be playing and racing.
I appluad Eric for all the time and energy he spends trying to keep this hobby alive and growing. The idea has merit and might work, we won't know 'till we do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.