Spec/Handout Speedo thoughts >

Spec/Handout Speedo thoughts

Spec/Handout Speedo thoughts

Old 04-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
LOL...gottcha.

Yes those guys did things different than what I see "most" racers do here. After each run the first thing they did was clean their tires. They all used the exact same brake cleaner for it. Not sure if its all that is available or more to it. Then everyone takes their tires off their cars and lets them sit on a paper towel. Not sure why on a paper towel but they did. Then they loosen every screw on the top deck and chassis and let the car sit on either a flat alumn car stand (no one uses foam car stands) or the 10mm droop blocks. They all of course took the battery out but left motor in. They went over the entire car and many rebuilt shocks every run. Not sure if it was setup changes or maintnance. I do know that almost everyone had a Hudy or Much more Temp gauge/Timer in the pits watching the temp and humidity. They reglued their tires every run and checked for peeling. Went on the setup station after every single run. Go completely through the cars and check bearings, check for slop, rebuild/lube CVD's, etc.

After everything was back together and checked droop and such on the gauges they put the tires on and checked ride height and tweak then took the tires back off and put them on the paper towel. Once it was time to dope the tires they doped them and sat them back on the towel again. They used the timers and temp to determine how long to leave the sauce on and which tires got it longer (front or rear). 2 heats before they were up they put the tires back on and went through the car again without letting the tires touch anything (They were sticklers for this). They went as far as whiping the tires off in the same order they put the sauce on to make sure it was equal.

It just seemed like they were a lot more meticulous than any one around here. Im pretty meticulous about my car and I felt like I was out of place there! LOL Just a whole different atmosphere but everyone was super nice and friendly. They all race a lot more clean on the track than here too but part of that I think is due to the fact they use dots and not walls. They didnt tap a wall or flapper and blow out in front of someone. If you hit a dot it usually had a spot on the inside of it that you ended up and not in the race line. Or it shot you across the track out of the line and not collecting the 3 cars behind you.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for.

EA
When do they have time to verbally abuse fellow racers????
Old 04-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

...Im just a redneck from TN! LOL.

EA
Yes you are bud!!!...MacDonalds anyone!! Don't you dare say what I am!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
When do they have time to verbally abuse fellow racers????
Honestly I never heard anyone say anything to another racer when something happened on the track. They all complained to the race announcer and not at each other. Deff different than here!

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Yes you are bud!!!...MacDonalds anyone!! Don't you dare say what I am!!!
LOL....You just wish you were from GOD's country here in TN! LOL

EA
Old 04-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Legend

Who is they? ROAR? Nope I am pretty sure they are happy with the 17.5 indoors and 13.5 outdoors for the "Stock" class. Thats what they have used the past 2 years and so far seems to be OK.

The 21.5 worked great at Timezone last year for the "Sportsman" stock class or what ever it was called. Guys liked it there.

EA

Bad news , no way they can keep selling the new racer faster & faster stk motor's if they stay 17.5......

its all about the money , not about our sport ...

Class verses class racing , what side are you going to be on ?

My point or question is why are we even dividing class's with motors these days ?

No difference hardly at all as the 17.5 is faster than 12t brush use to be ....
Old 04-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Honestly I never heard anyone say anything to another racer when something happened on the track. They all complained to the race announcer and not at each other. Deff different than here!
I meant more for fun, than complaining
Old 04-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

LOL...gottcha.

Yes those guys did things different than what I see "most" racers do here. After each run the first thing they did was clean their tires. They all used the exact same brake cleaner for it. Not sure if its all that is available or more to it. Then everyone takes their tires off their cars and lets them sit on a paper towel. Not sure why on a paper towel but they did. Then they loosen every screw on the top deck and chassis and let the car sit on either a flat alumn car stand (no one uses foam car stands) or the 10mm droop blocks. They all of course took the battery out but left motor in. They went over the entire car and many rebuilt shocks every run. Not sure if it was setup changes or maintnance. I do know that almost everyone had a Hudy or Much more Temp gauge/Timer in the pits watching the temp and humidity. They reglued their tires every run and checked for peeling. Went on the setup station after every single run. Go completely through the cars and check bearings, check for slop, rebuild/lube CVD's, etc.

After everything was back together and checked droop and such on the gauges they put the tires on and checked ride height and tweak then took the tires back off and put them on the paper towel. Once it was time to dope the tires they doped them and sat them back on the towel again. They used the timers and temp to determine how long to leave the sauce on and which tires got it longer (front or rear). 2 heats before they were up they put the tires back on and went through the car again without letting the tires touch anything (They were sticklers for this). They went as far as whiping the tires off in the same order they put the sauce on to make sure it was equal.

It just seemed like they were a lot more meticulous than any one around here. Im pretty meticulous about my car and I felt like I was out of place there! LOL Just a whole different atmosphere but everyone was super nice and friendly. They all race a lot more clean on the track than here too but part of that I think is due to the fact they use dots and not walls. They didnt tap a wall or flapper and blow out in front of someone. If you hit a dot it usually had a spot on the inside of it that you ended up and not in the race line. Or it shot you across the track out of the line and not collecting the 3 cars behind you.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for.

EA
Nailed it! That must have felt a little intimidating.