Wiki Posts
Search

defective quantum 2 right out the of box

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default defective quantum 2 right out the of box

Has anybody purchased a LRP quantum 2 and not work right our the box? I wired up the motor, speed control in the off position pluged in the batt and the motor stars to spin, the esc is in the off position! after about ten seconds I unplug the batt. The esc is hot and this brown resin looking crap starts oozing out of the top of esc. Bummer
Old 02-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Actually, I have seen that happen many times before. All the times I have seen that, the ESC was hooked up wrong. I have ever seen any speed control at any price range do that when installed properly.

More than likely the ESC is shot but I would recheck your wiring so that it doesn't happen again! That is a costly mistake.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The quantums dont like the battery polarity wired backwards!
Old 02-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No matter how careful you are with quality control sometimes bad stuff gets through. Luckily Associated and LRP are great companies. If you really got a DOA they will take care of it.

Call them tomorrow and speak with tech support.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

battery was not wired up wrong. I have a Q1 and I also have novak cyclone that the Q2 was going to replace. I have been racing cars for a few years and I am careful when it comes to things like that. besides, even if I had the polarity backwards it should not do anything until I turned the esc on.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, i'm not the one to say whether it was user error or company error. What I can say from knowledge of the retail business and being in a mangement position is this. Contact the local hobby shop first that you bought it from see if they will replace it. Most of them can replace it right there and send it back to the company to get thier money back on it and everyone stays happy. But, if they can't replace it there, contact LRP i'm sure they will want thier customers to be satisfied with thier product and will do what they can to resolve the situation after all mistakes happen and customers can on occassion recieve damaged goods. I'm sure they know that it's better business for them to replace the item. Because dissatisfied customers will always say more about a company in a negative stand point than satisfied customers do. People are always more inclined to tell people the negatives than positives in anything. But, please take this situation to the companies first and see what they can do to help you out first. I'd hate to see this turn into a thread where everyone begins bashing the company and thier products. I personally run LRP esc's in all my cars and have 5 of them. I've never had such a problem. But in the 15 yrs i've been racing I have had problems with equipment and always the companies have been more than happy to replace the product. It's always better business for them. Good luck in your quest and hope everything works out well for you.

Lance Simon
Old 02-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by thomasf
battery was not wired up wrong. I have a Q1 and I also have novak cyclone that the Q2 was going to replace. I have been racing cars for a few years and I am careful when it comes to things like that. besides, even if I had the polarity backwards it should not do anything until I turned the esc on.
Even if the Q1 was off at the switch, pluggin in the batts on the wrong polarity will fry the ESC.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Adept

OK, everyone has me doubting myself that i had the batt polarity wrong. I you deans plugs and I am looking at the speed control as I write this and the polarity is correct. I was using a batt that I have been using for months so I know that the plug is not reversed. I was just wondering if there are some Q2 that have this same problem. I thank you people who are tring to help me with your comments, but I will say it again, the batt was not reversed.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:51 AM
X2
Tech Regular

A freinds Q2 went like that straight from the box too. They havent got a reputation of being the most reliable speedo tbh, I know of at least 21 blowing up (all but one in the wet). They have all been replaced for free though.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:25 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

remember, AE & LRP are no the same company....

AE just imports them in the US.

AE does not honor the lifetime warr.

They should help you, but worst case it would have to be sent to LRP overseas....

Try the shop where you bought it first.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

It could very well be defective right out of the box. It's kind of easy to blame the installer, not that anyone is doing that here. It's an electronic product and sometimes stuff slips through quality control. It stinks, but I am sure you can get a new one under warranty.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Don't most ESC have a reverse polarity protection of some sort?
Old 02-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

I called AE today and they said to send it to them. I have a Q1 and really like it. I think it's a esc made on a friday just before a three day weekend.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Ironically enough I was just searching for some info about my Quantum ESC and found a review about one that went up in smoke within 2 hours! Guess it had something to do with the BEC, he also said that it was replaced very quickly
Old 02-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

I have no doubt that AE will do the right thing. when I plugged the batt in and the Q2 and the motor ran with the switch in the off position there was no control to the steering servo. I pulled the Q2 out of the car, mounted the novak cyclone that I had in it previously and every thing was fine, no damage to the receiver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.