Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car >

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Like Tree5Likes

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Old 12-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Guys, Thanks for all this great information transfer. I hope new people interested in the ARC brand will notice the amount of effort you guys are all putting in to help each other -- it makes a big difference!!! Thanks again - hope you all enjoy your holidays. Keep it up!!!!
Old 12-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

how about some chassis pics from current owners?

Last edited by Ed Delgado; 12-28-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: speling corrrection
Old 12-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Initiate

I am running mod with a boosted 5.5.

I will try again to post a pic of my chassis.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hope some in here is interested, later today I am going to be posting a car ARC 10 for sale ARTR. 2 bodies, parts, VCD's not installed, Ready 17.5, Tekin RS, Savox. for 400.00 shipped
no time to race electric anymore...
Attached Thumbnails Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car-photo-1.jpg   Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car-photo-2.jpg   Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car-photo-4.jpg  
Old 12-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

first night out with car, WWAAAAAAYYYYYYYY, to much steering and traction rolling going on. only got to spend a few laps of practice before having to make changes, by the time i was done it was time for heats, couldn't drive the car hard and had to lift early or brake for every corner. made so roll center changes and went the wrong way. didn't finish the second heat and called it a night. I started off with the kit setup. that set up, has got to me money on our outdoor parking lot track. if not i know how to make it better. oh and i was only saucing half of the front tire, and had lock to lock steering at about 80% of full lock, AND had dual rate turned down to 62%. went through it this morning and reset roll centers on arms and links, I'm think I need to reduce rear toe to slow rotation also. Dont want to do to much new layout going in for the rest of the season, but I can't wait to get this car dailed in.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just a report back on some issues I’ve been having with the car and what I tried….

For TC Stock blinky 17.5 on ozite med grip carpet, I did a few things to reduce traction roll and it seemed to help. I used softer front springs from green to blue equivalent (friend lent me serpent greys I believe and there are about the same as the blue I believe cause I don’t have another blue), added 1 mm rear wheel washer, and used only ¾ front sauce. It seemed to calm the car down a bit but I really didn’t try to push it as I was just trying to hold on for the win from 2 cars breathing down my back. I also changed the front spool to a 2.5mill gear diff and that seemed to also reduced the out of corner on power steering which allowed me to push the car hard out of the corner without being scared of oversteer.

I do have one other little problem that I don’t know if it’s a setup or motor problem. After the about 80 foot straight, into a 30 foot sweeper and then a 180 degree turn, I seem to be losing a lot of speed in that last 20 feet where all the other fast cars are literally catching me 10 feet before the 180 turn. I might not have the motor turned up enough which is a possible culprit as gearing is similar for the others (killshot 3.9 fdr but motor is only 50 where others are at 55) and I’m coming off at only 140 degrees with a fan. Will try this next but stupid early killshot stock has that ring super tight. The other thing I’m thinking is that it seems like it might not be enough weight transfer to the front end as everyone elses car seem like they’re diving into that corner. Any one have experience with this?

For the TC Mod 5.5 boost Reedy, car seemed to handle a bit better with the 1million front diff vs the 2.5 million I had before. I still think understeering into the corner more has to do with me not hitting the brakes early enough so that’s my fault and not the car’s. I didn’t have time to change anything else to test but the car has been on power steering to the right a bit so that might be a tweak that I have to look into.

For discussion purposes and advice for an intermediate skilled driver like myself, I have a question regarding throttle control and braking in the Mod car. The control is so sensitive that literally a 1mm of throttle trigger and it feels like full speed. Does anyone use decrease exponential to calm it down or will it be better for me to learn to get use to it. Secondly for braking, I’ve got breaking down to about 75% on the radio. If I turn it up, it seems like the car is skidding on the carpet when I hit the brakes especially late braking. Should I leave it around what I got or even lower and try to hit the brakes earlier on so it slows the car down enough to get better corner speed like the stock car. What I think I’m trying to get at is in MOD is it better to drive it like stock in the infield where getting max corner speed with max traction or more like a point and shoot to the next corner approach.

Again, thanks to all that are helping with your responses. It is much appreciated as no one at my club runs this car.

This is a very fun car to drive.

Ivan
Old 12-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
first night out with car, WWAAAAAAYYYYYYYY, to much steering and traction rolling going on. only got to spend a few laps of practice before having to make changes, by the time i was done it was time for heats, couldn't drive the car hard and had to lift early or brake for every corner. made so roll center changes and went the wrong way. didn't finish the second heat and called it a night. I started off with the kit setup. that set up, has got to me money on our outdoor parking lot track. if not i know how to make it better. oh and i was only saucing half of the front tire, and had lock to lock steering at about 80% of full lock, AND had dual rate turned down to 62%. went through it this morning and reset roll centers on arms and links, I'm think I need to reduce rear toe to slow rotation also. Dont want to do to much new layout going in for the rest of the season, but I can't wait to get this car dailed in.
Just wondering where do you race and what type of surface to you race on?

Ivan
Old 12-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

To summarize what I got out of everyone's advice in the last couple of pages to try for reducing traction roll issues in no particular order:

- Softer front springs or lay down front shocks
- Heavier front oil
- Light weight body
- Add wheel shims
- Lower front ride height
- Increase ackermann (remove spacers)
- Decrease rear diff oil weight
- Decrease amount of front sauce

Ivan
Old 12-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
For discussion purposes and advice for an intermediate skilled driver like myself, I have a question regarding throttle control and braking in the Mod car. The control is so sensitive that literally a 1mm of throttle trigger and it feels like full speed. Does anyone use decrease exponential to calm it down or will it be better for me to learn to get use to it. Secondly for braking, I’ve got breaking down to about 75% on the radio. If I turn it up, it seems like the car is skidding on the carpet when I hit the brakes especially late braking. Should I leave it around what I got or even lower and try to hit the brakes earlier on so it slows the car down enough to get better corner speed like the stock car. What I think I’m trying to get at is in MOD is it better to drive it like stock in the infield where getting max corner speed with max traction or more like a point and shoot to the next corner approach.

Again, thanks to all that are helping with your responses. It is much appreciated as no one at my club runs this car.

Ivan
Sounds like you need to make sure your speedie is calibrated correctly, a 5.5 on boost should be pretty smooth to drive.
Check the end points a calibrated properly.
increase the turbo delay
raise the rpm range
reduce the punch setting
i do like to add a little negative throttle expo to help even further, but dont go above 25% on steering or throttle, it takes away all the feel)
Old 12-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

To summarize what I got out of everyone's advice in the last couple of pages to try for reducing traction roll issues in no particular order:

- Heavier front oil
- Light weight body
- Add wheel shims

Ivan
A big change is the lower toe block spacing, the kit 1mm is relatively high, on really high traction, its good to drop it to 0.5mm, 0.3mm or even with no spacing. This is a common change for high traction tracks like TITC that i have been to.

Other brands do this also, the year Meen won with his Xray, he was running the -0.75mm roll centre blocks on his Xray, along with super soft 2.2 springs.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just wondering where do you race and what type of surface to you race on?

Ivan
Seattle Washington, carpet, www.seattlercracers.com theres videos there and on youtube.

as to your stock TC gearing, undergearing will get the motor hot, I'm not saying this will happen for you, but for me and my experience, at motor that is under geared will run hot,(normal hot), gear it up a couple teeth and it will get cool, gear it up some more and it will get to normal hot again

Last edited by skypilot; 12-29-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Just a report back on some issues I’ve been having with the car and what I tried….

For TC Stock blinky 17.5 on ozite med grip carpet, I did a few things to reduce traction roll and it seemed to help. I used softer front springs from green to blue equivalent (friend lent me serpent greys I believe and there are about the same as the blue I believe cause I don’t have another blue), added 1 mm rear wheel washer, and used only ¾ front sauce. It seemed to calm the car down a bit but I really didn’t try to push it as I was just trying to hold on for the win from 2 cars breathing down my back. I also changed the front spool to a 2.5mill gear diff and that seemed to also reduced the out of corner on power steering which allowed me to push the car hard out of the corner without being scared of oversteer.

I do have one other little problem that I don’t know if it’s a setup or motor problem. After the about 80 foot straight, into a 30 foot sweeper and then a 180 degree turn, I seem to be losing a lot of speed in that last 20 feet where all the other fast cars are literally catching me 10 feet before the 180 turn. I might not have the motor turned up enough which is a possible culprit as gearing is similar for the others (killshot 3.9 fdr but motor is only 50 where others are at 55) and I’m coming off at only 140 degrees with a fan. Will try this next but stupid early killshot stock has that ring super tight. The other thing I’m thinking is that it seems like it might not be enough weight transfer to the front end as everyone elses car seem like they’re diving into that corner. Any one have experience with this?

For the TC Mod 5.5 boost Reedy, car seemed to handle a bit better with the 1million front diff vs the 2.5 million I had before. I still think understeering into the corner more has to do with me not hitting the brakes early enough so that’s my fault and not the car’s. I didn’t have time to change anything else to test but the car has been on power steering to the right a bit so that might be a tweak that I have to look into.

Ivan
Killshot= You can take it down to 3.6 easy. I have been to 3.4fdr on large pavement track. Keep timing in the 58* mark! I had same issues when going to mod trying other peoples esc and radio settings. Turn everything down then go up from there. Changing from slower classes to mod is a transition. It was for me.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Initiate

I had another great weekend with the car. I qualified 2nd and finished 2nd again in mod touring. The changes I did to the car for the weekend worked excellent and I was only down to the local xray driver by about 4.5 seconds in the main. I need to find a consistent .1 second! I was on a TQ pace run in the 2nd qualifier, but slowed down in the final couple of minutes as the tires went away. I will try some more settings and see if I can find that consistent .1 second. Also need to test some different bodies next weekend.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Only ran my VTA this weekend. Qualified 1st for the double mains. Got took out several times in first main. Went from first to last out of 10+ cars. Worked my way back up to 4th. Second main started first and got 1st. Overall I got 2nd in points. This car handles like a dream in whatever class I run.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

- Heavier front oil
- Light weight body
- Add wheel shims

Ivan
Droop setting is a big one and generally what I would look at first (apart from a simple one like decreasing steering rates). Less droop is less grip but don't go too far and pre-load the suspension, that will start the traction rolling again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.