Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

I was at West London earlier this season for the BRCA Clubmans, only 17.5 so no power, but handling was not a concern on that day, if anything the car had slight understeer. You are welcome to the setup if you want it. Pretty sure it was on the 2.5mm flex chassis.

Having said that, when you say that the car would lose traction doing figure of eights behind the start line, I can't help but think that there is a mechanical issue in there somewhere. I don't like the kit shocks so I would pay extra attention to the build of them to make sure the damping is smooth throughout the stroke. It also sounds like the front end is biting a bit soon so I would go up a spring and run heavier damper oil up there.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sosidge
I was at West London earlier this season for the BRCA Clubmans, only 17.5 so no power, but handling was not a concern on that day, if anything the car had slight understeer. You are welcome to the setup if you want it. Pretty sure it was on the 2.5mm flex chassis.

Having said that, when you say that the car would lose traction doing figure of eights behind the start line, I can't help but think that there is a mechanical issue in there somewhere. I don't like the kit shocks so I would pay extra attention to the build of them to make sure the damping is smooth throughout the stroke. It also sounds like the front end is biting a bit soon so I would go up a spring and run heavier damper oil up there.
It did at points sometimes feel it was a mechanical issue, but I checked everything, for instance that wishbones dropped under there own weight, roll bars lifted each wishbone correctly, nothing else was binding. Shock wise the damping did feel quite stiff for 350cst, but I put it down to the 1.0 pistons. What shock length are people running? Maybe that's my problem, who knows.

I could take a look at your setup, wouldn't harm, is it on your blog? It's a good read.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Steve,

I was at WLRC a few weeks back. It is by far the bumpiest track I have ever run on. It felt like doing a mogul run on skis. My first run with my base setup (Eastbourne/Adur) was a lap slower than I used to go round there when it was a lot smoother. My car was spinning round at corner entry and exit - just horrible.

By the time the finals had finished, I had improved by 1.5 laps. The main changes I made were to allow more droop, go from HPI silver to Hara grey springs and go to the hardest rollbars I had front and rear. The car was now able to travel over the bumps and it stayed flat in the corners. This was on Sorex 32s I'd been running at the Clubmans the previous year so new rubber would have given me an improvement in times as well.

That said, my best time was still a lap off the TQ pace but I could at least start driving the circuit and identify where the car needed changing compared to the shocking handling of the first couple of rounds.

- Tim.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by steveonamission
It did at points sometimes feel it was a mechanical issue, but I checked everything, for instance that wishbones dropped under there own weight, roll bars lifted each wishbone correctly, nothing else was binding. Shock wise the damping did feel quite stiff for 350cst, but I put it down to the 1.0 pistons. What shock length are people running? Maybe that's my problem, who knows.

I could take a look at your setup, wouldn't harm, is it on your blog? It's a good read.
http://fiveeight0sixsix.wordpress.co...for-uk-tracks/

Just uploaded my base setup, hyperlinked from the first word. At WLRC I was running Yellow/Green, 2.5 toe and the Blitz XFR, I now run the Blitz TSX with Yellow all round and 3deg rear toe.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by THancock
Steve,

I was at WLRC a few weeks back. It is by far the bumpiest track I have ever run on. It felt like doing a mogul run on skis. My first run with my base setup (Eastbourne/Adur) was a lap slower than I used to go round there when it was a lot smoother. My car was spinning round at corner entry and exit - just horrible.

By the time the finals had finished, I had improved by 1.5 laps. The main changes I made were to allow more droop, go from HPI silver to Hara grey springs and go to the hardest rollbars I had front and rear. The car was now able to travel over the bumps and it stayed flat in the corners. This was on Sorex 32s I'd been running at the Clubmans the previous year so new rubber would have given me an improvement in times as well.

That said, my best time was still a lap off the TQ pace but I could at least start driving the circuit and identify where the car needed changing compared to the shocking handling of the first couple of rounds.

- Tim.
So the reason for the roll bars was to accommodate for the softer springs? What thickness we talking? Could be worth a go. Marlon bullied me into running Hara Blacks, but it didn't make any difference compared to my silvers, maybe there not even any softer - Never run Hara's so haven't a clue what there all about.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Log into Facebook, look for a group called ARC driver. My Name on there is Bradd Vercoe, i posted a setup that worked really well on low grip asphalt.

Basically, move lower shock inwards, no sway bars, longer rear wheelbase, long front link, med rear link.

I had some pretty good success with the kit chassis with it.

Im sure we can get your first bad impressions turned around.
Hey Bradd, how about for old guys who don't do facebook (& say problem instead of issue)
I'll check it out, although I'm a little sceptical about removing roll bars, it's not that low a grip and I still feel I need to control the roll of the car, don't want it rolling too much - Surely it will hurt my laptime ? Not going against your advice, just wouldn't be my next move.

Longer rear wheelbase could be a good move though! Before the start of a qualifier, I was doing little figure of eights to see how much traction I had and even at this lower speed it looked like I had a really short wheel base and the rear was rotating so fast. Almost like the rear wheels where lifting off, or that feeling if your rear wheels have wet additive on. Not good.
Bradd is correct, in Australia we have some quite low grip tracks & for me sways bars are off for these, remember that the springs control the roll, sway bars are only to fine tune the roll
Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Is the new R10 2013 version on back order status or can they be purchased now? Where?
?????
Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

So the reason for the roll bars was to accommodate for the softer springs? What thickness we talking? Could be worth a go. Marlon bullied me into running Hara Blacks, but it didn't make any difference compared to my silvers, maybe there not even any softer - Never run Hara's so haven't a clue what there all about.
As far as I'm aware, Hara Blacks are the same rating as HPI Pinks, so they're stiffer than the HPI Silvers you replaced.

I found the softer springs allowed a quicker reaction of the wheel over the bumps in a straight line and as I started or finished the cornering phase. The stiffer roll bar helped counteract the extra roll in the corner that the softer springs allowed. Although I also allowed more droop, I still used it to manage the weight transfer under acceleration and braking. The final balance of the car was really nice.

The rollbar thickness I used was 1.4mm as it was the thickest I had.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
?????
Heard through the grapevine that they'll be available very soon. They're probably being shipped world wide now and the announcement will be made once the major retailers have them in store.

Thats just my guess though...
Old 06-12-2013, 02:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AllStar2wd
Heard through the grapevine that they'll be available very soon. They're probably being shipped world wide now and the announcement will be made once the major retailers have them in store.

Thats just my guess though...
Yes i believe Kits started shipping on Friday, Depending on your location and the shipping method. I was told Australia could have them as early as Friday 14th.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:47 AM
Tech Champion

Anyone know how to make a pdf file smaller? Im trying to upload a setup for Steve.
try this
https://attachment.fbsbx.com/file_do...uNTFc8HcGkuT5y

or on facebook ARC Driver

www.facebook.com/groups/arcdrivers/

Last edited by Besercoe; 06-12-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

IN !
Old 06-12-2013, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Anyone know how to make a pdf file smaller? Im trying to upload a setup for Steve.
try this
https://attachment.fbsbx.com/file_do...uNTFc8HcGkuT5y

or on facebook ARC Driver

www.facebook.com/groups/arcdrivers/

I checked it out on the driver group, however I'm not really convinced in looking at other peoples setups, especially from other tracks. Although I appreciate your help. You have a quite advanced setup there too rather than standard kit (flex chassis, thin top deck, split blocks etc). I am running none of these, it's the original kit.

I'm generally just looking at ways to improve my own car , but seems I best just go ahead and order a thinner , more banana like chassis, and chuck the plank of steel I'm using now.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by THancock
As far as I'm aware, Hara Blacks are the same rating as HPI Pinks, so they're stiffer than the HPI Silvers you replaced.

I found the softer springs allowed a quicker reaction of the wheel over the bumps in a straight line and as I started or finished the cornering phase. The stiffer roll bar helped counteract the extra roll in the corner that the softer springs allowed. Although I also allowed more droop, I still used it to manage the weight transfer under acceleration and braking. The final balance of the car was really nice.

The rollbar thickness I used was 1.4mm as it was the thickest I had.
Well that explains why I didn't fair any better on them.

I'll add it to the long list of things to try out, whenever I get out next. I remember I used to use 1.6/1.4 around West London in the past and my car was pretty decent, but the current trends that come with kits seem to always be thinner bars.

Or be sensible and just do 13.5, then my problem might even go away
Old 06-12-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Champion

I checked it out on the driver group, however I'm not really convinced in looking at other peoples setups, especially from other tracks. Although I appreciate your help. You have a quite advanced setup there too rather than standard kit (flex chassis, thin top deck, split blocks etc). I am running none of these, it's the original kit.

I'm generally just looking at ways to improve my own car , but seems I best just go ahead and order a thinner , more banana like chassis, and chuck the plank of steel I'm using now.

Hi Steve.

You will be surprised how nice it feels with that rear wheelbase, shock positions, and no bars.

Split blocks make a minimal difference, the std top deck without the inner pair of screws front and rear would generate a similar feel also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.