Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car >

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Like Tree5Likes

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Old 05-12-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brokin Racing
Is there any talk of a "new" model coming out soon???

The 2013 has dropped off AMain's list & with no usual back order, suggests to me new model coming...
I noticed that as well..... However they are still selling the original R10 so not sure A Mains rational reasoning for dropping the 13? Time will tell
Old 05-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NEED-MORE-SPEED
This is one thing I've been meaning to experiment with. I'm going to drill a 1mm hole in the shock cap, maybe smaller perhaps?
I used the small drill bits you get from the hobby shop that come in the circular container. You use with xacto knife hand drill. The largest of those bits and it does plenty.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

There is a noticeable difference in handling from the "kit" arms to the "hard" (on carpet anyway), not sure about asphalt, but would think you'll get similar results. The car is more responsive on carpet, gives more initial steering, chassis is precise and has an "immediate" feel. Also the hard arms are practically bullet proof. My first weekend with the kit arms I broke one, 6 weeks using the hard arms I haven't broke an arm yet, unless I got lucky receiving a set of superman composites

The split blocks gives a little more chassis flex and a wider range of tuning (arm sweep, toe and track width). There are tiny notches on the side of the split blocks for reference so you know exactly what changes you made.

EXAMPLE:

Split blocks in the front "Notches Pointed Out" using the kit (FF) solid suspension bracket you'll have a 1* front arm sweep.... "Notches Pointed In" will be stock track width and zero arm sweep

Split blocks in the rear "Notches Pointed Out" using the kit (RF) solid suspension bracket you'll have 2.5* rear toe, but will take away 2mm of rear track width... "Notches Pointed In" will be stock track width and 3* rear toe.

I noticed a difference when using the split blocks. IMO I think on a lower bite surface these are a great tuning aid, achieving slightly more mechanical grip over the solid suspension blocks. But on higher grip surface I think the solid suspension blocks will probably be better.

Hope that helps
hi marc
thanks for that, as i got 4 x ( unidentified )split blocks in a bag with a 2nd hand r10 i was unsure as to any difference
Old 05-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I noticed that as well..... However they are still selling the original R10 so not sure A Mains rational reasoning for dropping the 13? Time will tell
I think with the R-10 it's a matter of clearing older stock, they're down to $336

When Mi5 was due to come out, Mi4CX's disappeared in the same way, time will tell...
Old 05-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Based on the ARC news post, they tend to release a update every June.
Time will tell.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Smile

Originally Posted by Fredp1
Based on the ARC news post, they tend to release a update every June.
Time will tell.
Thanks Fred, I'll keep an eye out
Old 05-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Initiate

For the different combinations of the suspension brackets including the split blocks see -
http://www.arc-rc.com.tw/image/suspe...acke_Chart.pdf
Old 05-13-2014, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brokin Racing
Is there any talk of a "new" model coming out soon???

The 2013 has dropped off AMain's list & with no usual back order, suggests to me new model coming...
Don't know why they dropped it off the list, we haven't talked with them about that, will have to look into it.

As most of the companies, I know ARC has tested some stuff for the Worlds, but no definitive plans for an update just yet.

When I know, I will pass it on to you guys.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Don't know why they dropped it off the list, we haven't talked with them about that, will have to look into it.

As most of the companies, I know ARC has tested some stuff for the Worlds, but no definitive plans for an update just yet.

When I know, I will pass it on to you guys.
Much appreciated...
Old 05-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lantern Rouge
For the different combinations of the suspension brackets including the split blocks see -
http://www.arc-rc.com.tw/image/suspe...acke_Chart.pdf
great information, thank you for posting
Old 05-14-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Wishing all the ARC drivers the best in this years Reedy. I will be working.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default NEW CARPET SET-UP

I've been working hard over the past 7 weeks with the 2013 R10. I've ran (not exaggerated), over 200 packs and every other pack ran, I tried something different. I've taken several "notes" from one set-up to the next and I'm finally pleased to share what I've come up with.

Last night I found a set-up that gave me that wow feeling (high-bite carpet). I've found other set-ups that gives the chassis fast laps in the beginning, but fads later in the run. Some others that are just ok in the beginning and gets slightly better later on. Set-ups that stay consistent throughout the run but wasn't the ticket.

The chassis is fast, consistent, easy to drive, no fading and I was turning the same fast lap times during the last minute of the run as I was in the beginning.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default CARPET SET-UP

Here it is
Attached Thumbnails Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car-arc-set-up.png  
Old 05-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

hi marc

have you in any of your testing, tried using the 22mm bellcranks with the 8.5 steering plate & 1mm ackerman shims ????
Old 05-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Professor
hi marc

have you in any of your testing, tried using the 22mm bellcranks with the 8.5 steering plate & 1mm ackerman shims ????
I have not. The majority of my testing has been with parts out of the box with few options (springs, roll bars, split blocks, shock piston and front diff). Of course different oils as well. I will be looking into the different bell-cranks, steering brace and flex motor mount shortly though.

The reason I haven't experimented with the different bell-cranks: Most of your manufactures that offers a kit racer, doesn't give you that option? The bell-crank in almost all kits today, is what it is and that's what you have to work with, from my past kit experiences... So I planned on saving the best for last!

I did find running 1.5mm Ackerman shims with the stock bell-crank, 3 mm shims for bump steer offers a super smooth steering, and tons of it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.