Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car >

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Like Tree5Likes

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Old 07-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Initiate

anyone tried the new op chassis and upper???
whats the feeling??
Old 07-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anyone ran one on carpet yet?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kensei
I'm considering this car, but I am a bit confused about the chassis.
Originally Posted by Edam Racer
Shorty lipo is Thunder Power 3800, weight 202g. Servo is Savox 1258 weight 56g.
Might find weight saving on esc? Mine is Cirtix stock club race.
RW xray spurs 48dp as low as 64T from rc-direct.
Give this car a go, don't think you will be disappointed.

dont waste your time answering this guys questions....you take the effort to find the answer...and he will have another 5 questions...
he never takes the effort to find answer for himself.

take at a look at this post history...everyone will contribute time to answer his questions.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

how durable is this car ? how is the car characteristic? understeer or oversteer?
Old 07-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I have been playing this car for 2 weeks and parts seems durable. At least it survive from small crashes. For the issue of over/under-steering, you can adjust it yourself to fix such issue.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The arms looks just like tamiya short reversible, but much beefier.... same goes with the suspension mount block... looks like a 417 on steroid with X-ray top and serpent front.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I recieved my new kit mid week, and got it built for a run on Friday night.
Normally running Mod, but at a small indoor asphalt track nearby we all run Stock 17.5 boosted for closer racing.
First run on the car, feels surprisingly good, stable on power, with good on power steering. Off power this thing turns like a demon, if anything needs to be clamed down a touch.
In kit form i found the dampening to be a touch heavy (500wt with 3 hole pistons, they appear to be 1.0, so perhaps just need to be redrilled) went down in oil and car was much more balanced. Also took out a little ackerman, kit setting is 3mm, and basically max, went back to 1.5mm. kept the rear end much more planted, and not so agressive.

The build went smooth, no hand fitting required, you can see design inspirations from a number of other cars, and a few new things also, its so narrow it doesnt sit on my car stand properly its quite odd to see so much of the batt / motor and servo hang off the side of the chassis.

Overall, ran as fast a lap as i ever had around the circuit in stock, was TQ on the night, although made a couple of bobbles in the final and just missed out on the win.

Looking forward to getting the car outdoors with a mod strapped in. The next event is at a track renon for understeer for me.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I recieved my new kit mid week, and got it built for a run on Friday night.
Normally running Mod, but at a small indoor asphalt track nearby we all run Stock 17.5 boosted for closer racing.
First run on the car, feels surprisingly good, stable on power, with good on power steering. Off power this thing turns like a demon, if anything needs to be clamed down a touch.
In kit form i found the dampening to be a touch heavy (500wt with 3 hole pistons, they appear to be 1.0, so perhaps just need to be redrilled) went down in oil and car was much more balanced. Also took out a little ackerman, kit setting is 3mm, and basically max, went back to 1.5mm. kept the rear end much more planted, and not so agressive.

The build went smooth, no hand fitting required, you can see design inspirations from a number of other cars, and a few new things also, its so narrow it doesnt sit on my car stand properly its quite odd to see so much of the batt / motor and servo hang off the side of the chassis.

Overall, ran as fast a lap as i ever had around the circuit in stock, was TQ on the night, although made a couple of bobbles in the final and just missed out on the win.

Looking forward to getting the car outdoors with a mod strapped in. The next event is at a track renon for understeer for me.
I second your opinion on how the car handles. Its really great. I finished building my car 15 mins before my club race started. I was on stock settings and was pleasantly surprised on how good the car felt on stock settings. I only had to make minor adjustments to make the car feel really good.

Dampening seems really stiff. I was using 550wt all round and the compression feels really stiff. I will probably go down in oil or drill the pistons to a larger diameter.

I was using the flex upper and lower deck. Coupled with not using all the screws on the upper deck, I managed get the car to really generate good traction.

Ackermann I changed from 3mm to 2mm. Although it made my car feel stable, it was a tad slower.

Overall, the car felt very nice and I managed to clock the fastest lap of the day, together w tq & win
Old 08-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kail
I second your opinion on how the car handles. Its really great. I finished building my car 15 mins before my club race started. I was on stock settings and was pleasantly surprised on how good the car felt on stock settings. I only had to make minor adjustments to make the car feel really good.

Dampening seems really stiff. I was using 550wt all round and the compression feels really stiff. I will probably go down in oil or drill the pistons to a larger diameter.

I was using the flex upper and lower deck. Coupled with not using all the screws on the upper deck, I managed get the car to really generate good traction.

Ackermann I changed from 3mm to 2mm. Although it made my car feel stable, it was a tad slower.

Overall, the car felt very nice and I managed to clock the fastest lap of the day, together w tq & win
Well done Kail.
Yeah it would seem the pistons are 1.0mm, while most other cars end up running 1.1mm.
With 550wt oil, your probably more likely to need ot go to 1.2mm holes.
I went down to 400 with kit pistons, and car was much smoother to drive, and easier on the tires to boot.

Agree the reduction in ackerman made single lap times not as sharp, but made the car much better at the end of the run, so a faster overall race time.

I have not recieved the flex decks as yet, would be good to see the difference.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Mine is on it's way from www.rcracinguk.com - feeling excited!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Had my R10 for a few weeks now and it’s a very competitive car.
The car is easy to build no hand fitting of parts, the instruction manual is a bit bare ok for the experienced builder but a novice might have problems.
The set up out of the box is a good base has a lot of steering but a little on the hard side for the track I race on.
Made some roll centre adjustment, soften the car spring and shock oil had my times down.
Found the car to be very consistent over a race, reset my Pb’s and managed to find 30 seconds over race distances.
Overall very happy with the car
Old 08-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Madmaxaus
Had my R10 for a few weeks now and it’s a very competitive car.
The car is easy to build no hand fitting of parts, the instruction manual is a bit bare ok for the experienced builder but a novice might have problems.
The set up out of the box is a good base has a lot of steering but a little on the hard side for the track I race on.
Made some roll centre adjustment, soften the car spring and shock oil had my times down.
Found the car to be very consistent over a race, reset my Pb’s and managed to find 30 seconds over race distances.
Overall very happy with the car
30 SECONDS?
Old 08-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

considering with my last car I was struggling to get 28 laps out of the car and on the first race night with the r10 I did 30 6.03 with a consistence of 0.34 that’s a big gain for me
Old 08-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

I own many cars like TC6.1, T3 2012, BD5. I can say this R10 is the fastest car and with most responsive feeling. The craftsman is better or the same as Xray. Parts are cheaper the other (close price to TC6). The only thing should be improve is the body support plates.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Building shocks

Hi, I have rebuilt the shocks on the R10 a couple of times now, but I´m having a hard time getting anything else than 100% rebound, and I also find it a bit hard to get even rebound between the shocks.
Does anyone have some advice for building this type of shock?
I only have earlier experience with the 3Racing Sakura Zero Shocks, witch your first put the bladder on top of the fluid, then screw down the upper part of the shock.

Any help would be appreciated

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.