R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #751
Tech Initiate

After a 9 year lay away from on road racing, I am finally getting back to it. Just finished up building the ARC 2013 and ready to hit the track this weekend.

This is a really nice car. All the parts are top notch quality. Touring cars are definitely A LOT different than when I got away from on road racing!
Joe_Cathey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #752
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002
Thumbs up

Good Luck Joe!!! Let us know how the car runs!!!
Sponsored By: Spektrum RC, Horizon Hobby, TLR, Maclan Racing, J Concepts
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #753
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Send a message via AIM to racer034life

Now did hara like the R10? Also how do some of you all feel about this car compared to a 417v5 or a BD7?
Old 12-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #754
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
Now did hara like the R10? Also how do some of you all feel about this car compared to a 417v5 or a BD7?

He has used the R10 at a number of races in Thailand, and he also went to the effort of flying to Taiwan and travelling to the ARC test track to discuss setup and future design, so i would say he is pretty impressed with it.

Personally i think ARC will OEM a Hara branded TC at some point in 2014-15.

Parts quality and strength of the ARC are both as high or higher than the above 2 cars. The plastics are super strong, and the steel is very durable.
Both the Tammy and the Yok are exceptional on the track, but a lot more work to live with in the pits.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #755
Tech Addict

Will i live in ohio and the 17.5 class has more xrays. Im not a fan and wanted to the arc to be different. I use to own a tc6.1 full rsd conversation and wasnt a fan. I want a tc that can steer like my WGT car
Old 12-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #756
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Will i live in ohio and the 17.5 class has more xrays. Im not a fan and wanted to the arc to be different. I use to own a tc6.1 full rsd conversation and wasnt a fan. I want a tc that can steer like my WGT car
ARC 2013 is a great handling car. Plenty of steering. Just the right amount of flex and many options and setups. Also lots of support on here and ARC facebook page. Parts are plentiful Viper and A-main. No shopping overseas!
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #757
Tech Addict

Josh i have heard many stories about you from Ian here in Springfield at access hobbies. I was wondering if you have a good set-up for this car on a 90x40 carpet track with med-high bite...p.s credit cards getting hit tonight or tomorrow. Also is arc releasing a 2014 kit?
Old 12-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #758
Tech Elite

Quote:
Josh i have heard many stories about you from Ian here in Springfield at access hobbies. I was wondering if you have a good set-up for this car on a 90x40 carpet track with med-high bite...p.s credit cards getting hit tonight or tomorrow. Also is arc releasing a 2014 kit?
I think you are thinking of Josh.C maybe! I never ran on carpet and I have heard of no car yet in 2014! I am having a blast with current car!
Old 12-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #759
Tech Elite

The R10 2013 kit update was done later in the year this year - if they do another update - it would most likely be just that. I am sure they are always working on something, but nothing is in the books right now.

And if you go to the Team ARC USA Facebook page, there are a couple different carpet set ups listed -- posted in the picture section.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #760
Tech Elite

Curious why you guys think we are not getting more "traction" with ARC here in the US?

- People its not proven == been driving by probably the best r/c driver on the planet and given thumbs up on performance

- Reliable == some people are buying the parts to put on more popular cars for improvements

- Hard to get parts == National distribution available to all hobby shops, biggest on line retailer in the country and direct order available from Viper R/C

- Support == dedicated social media with set ups, advice and information, live customer support, forum support

- Team drivers == we just did a team driver search, open to adding more (PM me if you want more information)

Options open......
Old 12-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #761
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
Curious why you guys think we are not getting more "traction" with ARC here in the US?

- People its not proven == been driving by probably the best r/c driver on the planet and given thumbs up on performance

- Reliable == some people are buying the parts to put on more popular cars for improvements

- Hard to get parts == National distribution available to all hobby shops, biggest on line retailer in the country and direct order available from Viper R/C

- Support == dedicated social media with set ups, advice and information, live customer support, forum support

- Team drivers == we just did a team driver search, open to adding more (PM me if you want more information)

Options open......
Who has said this? I guess I didn't have what it takes to be a team driver since no response!
Old 12-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #762
Tech Initiate

Haha I tried to post a pic of my ride ready to for practice tonight, but apparently you have to make a certain number of posts to be allowed to do it.

Nikos - That is a good question, and it's funny how locally where I live when people ask me what touring car I have and I say "The ARC R10 2013" they have no idea what I am talking about. More exposure? Advertising?

This is one quality car, no doubt about it!
Joe_Cathey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #763
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post

Options open......
I'm in Vipers back yard, never heard of the car until last saturday at a race in Seattle. I'm not one to read every thread on every subject so that may have something to do it. I also don't buy RC magazines. On a fellow racers suggestion I purchased the car yesterday. Built it last night and this morning. From the build it seems like a very capable chassis.

One thing I've learned from doing this hobby over the years, is that people are very brand loyal. I was with Yokomo thru several model changes until they closed yokomo usa, then with Schumacher thru all the changes up to the last Mi4, I tired a different car here and there to just see but stuck with my "brand". The reason I bought this car is that I am returning to the hobby after a brief lay off and it was suggested by a local racer I give it a shot.
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #764
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
I'm in Vipers back yard, never heard of the car until last saturday at a race in Seattle. I'm not one to read every thread on every subject so that may have something to do it. I also don't buy RC magazines. On a fellow racers suggestion I purchased the car yesterday. Built it last night and this morning. From the build it seems like a very capable chassis.

One thing I've learned from doing this hobby over the years, is that people are very brand loyal. I was with Yokomo thru several model changes until they closed yokomo usa, then with Schumacher thru all the changes up to the last Mi4, I tired a different car here and there to just see but stuck with my "brand". The reason I bought this car is that I am returning to the hobby after a brief lay off and it was suggested by a local racer I give it a shot.
Good choices Ritchie..
I know this TC will be great on carpet...

Last edited by OVA; 12-20-2013 at 05:02 PM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #765
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

is there a spring chart that converts the ARC springs to pounds??
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc r10, rc-world, team titan