R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #436
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Car was great all week and only got better, thanks Eric for all the help! Ended up 3rd overall in the 17.5 class. Lot of competition, but with some luck was able to get the podium!! What a week,. now back to work.... lol
WEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #437
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEZY View Post
Car was great all week and only got better, thanks Eric for all the help! Ended up 3rd overall in the 17.5 class. Lot of competition, but with some luck was able to get the podium!! What a week,. now back to work.... lol
Great Job Ryan, your car was handling great all weekend. I will send you PDF so you can post your setup for the ARC Team
ARC USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #438
Tech Initiate

Update:

Reedy race 2013 was off to a great start on Mains day as 3 of 10 drivers were piloting the ARC R10 in the super stacked 17.5 class with more than 50 entries. Team drivers Jovan Madriaga, Ryan Cooper and Paul Dabao were all in the hunt for top spot on the podium. Norcal locals Austin Brumblay and Aaron Young were hard to beat since they had the hometown advantage but the ARC cars did well against the competition. Ryan ended up 3rd, Jovan right behind him in 4th and Paul had some bad luck with some body tucks and ended up 9th.

In 13.5 Jovan had some great passes against the field of expert drivers. He ended up in 5th place overall. Good job to all the ARC drivers and there will be many more podiums to come.

ARC USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #439
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC USA View Post
Thanks for working hard at tech tables and glad you like the car Josh. We are always here to help answer any questions you have so let us know. Car was great all weekend and the handling was right where we wanted it. Hope you get one on your hands and you can represent ARC in Norcal area
Thank you! We will see what happens!!!!!
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:55 AM   #440
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What are thoughts on shorty packs? What is everyone running
http://aracersthought.blogspot.com.au/
Supa_18's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #441
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa_18's View Post
What are thoughts on shorty packs? What is everyone running
I'm running the IP4400 50C (last years model). Saves 100gm on the car just like that, doesn't seem stressed in 17.5 blinky, gets a bit warm in 13.5 boosted which suggests it is working hard so I wouldn't want to run it in mod.

I'm running the shorty forward with the ESC behind, gives a good weight balance similar to using a full-size lipo.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:36 AM   #442
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Did the Tamiya shocks help the car a lot more than the stock shocks at Reedy?
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #443
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
I'm running the IP4400 50C (last years model). Saves 100gm on the car just like that, doesn't seem stressed in 17.5 blinky, gets a bit warm in 13.5 boosted which suggests it is working hard so I wouldn't want to run it in mod.

I'm running the shorty forward with the ESC behind, gives a good weight balance similar to using a full-size lipo.
Did you use to get your spares from RC-Direct? Now that they've closed down, where do you get yours? Is it a case of having to get them abroad now, from the likes of mushroom?

I know CPD racing sell Capricorn TE01 spares, but Capricorn seem to insist on charging double for half of the product.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #444
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveonamission View Post
Did you use to get your spares from RC-Direct? Now that they've closed down, where do you get yours? Is it a case of having to get them abroad now, from the likes of mushroom?

I know CPD racing sell Capricorn TE01 spares, but Capricorn seem to insist on charging double for half of the product.
I got the car originally through Much-More UK but for day-to-day spares I've been using RC-Mushroom.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #445
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Tamiya shocks are just something that I tried and stuck with when I started with the car. Gives it some color and well thats really the only reason why I did it. The original shocks are fine, I just saw a pic when I ordered my car and liked the way it looked. In reality all the arc cars were dialed, I just had alot of luck. To have 3 of us in the main against those awesomatix im impressed... lol but car was really really good, which made for an enjoyable week, and well finishing top 3 didnt hurt ha!
WEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #446
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

you can order spares here as well:

www.shopviperrc.com
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #447
Tech Adept

Default Capricorn parts

Hi

Contact niko from rc-netshop on nikolaj@rc-netshop.dk , we have all capricorn parts in stock , today we have been testing the new lower shock tower and shocks , also new motor pod. Fantastic car , will do a full test this saturday
Old 05-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #448
Tech Regular

It's not that I can't source spares worldwide, I was just asking the other fellow UK runner what he does regarding spares (if he's still able to source in the UK). RC-direct UK (now closed) sold the ARC spares that where really good value for money - The Capricorn is not. Thanks anyway
Old 05-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #449
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Ha! Looking at the prices for parts! Its like half price compared to my Xray! Wow! You guys should just send me one!
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #450
Tech Adept

Default Big bore damper

Hi

Just want to share pictures of the new big bore damper and new shock towers for the Titan Arc and Capricorn TE-01. Also the new 2 piece motor mount. All parts can you get from Rc-netshop.dk ,
just mail Nikolaj@rc-netshop.dk.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car-front-big-new.jpg   Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car-rear-big-new.jpg   Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car-motor-mount-new.jpg  

Tags
arc r10, rc-world, team titan