R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 03-24-2013, 04:45 AM   #391
Tech Master

bjanzen - Nice pics! Where are the set-screws in the front roll bar mounts?

King - Thanks!

Entries and travel booked for the Mile High Indoor Champs. I also just did the entries for the ROAR Paved Nats and mailing in my Reedy Race entry Monday. Looking forward to seeing everyone at those events!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #392
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
bjanzen - Nice pics! Where are the set-screws in the front roll bar mounts?

Josh

Good eye! Honestly I had run short building the kit and couldn't find enough set screws. I had decided that I could leave those out and be fine. I had forgotten about it til you noticed it. I went back to my little bin of bits and found enough to finish. Guess after cleaning my bench and opening ALL the packages I ended up with enough. I did come up short of one ball end for the inner pivots and had to order spares for that.

Yesterday was the first race with the car....... I put your 13.5 setup from last weekend on it. Thanks alot for sharing that with me...... the car was AWESOME right off the bench. I haven't had that much fun driving in quite a while. I took a little droop and camber out of it to adjust to my track and liking but ended up just 1/2 degree less rear camber and 1/2 mm less droop and was thrilled with the results. I am a B main driver but broke the my best time yet by almost a full second! I havrle been running a RSD6.1 all season and thought I had a great running car..... this thing felt light years quicker! I can't get over the difference....... still on cloud 9 from it........ Thanks again for the setup and ARC for such a great car!
bjanzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #393
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anyone compared the new 2.25 chassis to the 2.5 flex? I noticed Josh ran the 2.25 in Mod and the 2.5 in 13.5 but setups were essentially the same. Just wondering how the new chassis differs.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #394
Tech Initiate

may i join..?

the first time we run touring EP 1/10 we followed the manual and this is the result.. nice car..

http://youtu.be/VYVsw7pilBg
bijono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #395
Tech Master

pcar951 - I prefer the 2.25mm chassis for improved traction/steering/feel but it was released close to the deadline and questionable on the availability for spec classes. Now, I'll have the 2.25 on all my cars.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #396
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks Josh, I just ordered the new 2.25 chassis along with V2 servo mount. It's very cool that spare and option parts seem to be readily available for this car, no supply issues!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:53 AM   #397
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar951 View Post
Thanks Josh, I just ordered the new 2.25 chassis along with V2 servo mount. It's very cool that spare and option parts seem to be readily available for this car, no supply issues!
Hi

Just want to say that it's a amasing car , I run the car as Capricorn Te-01. I have raced it since 1 nov 2012 and have so far only broke a ball joint , and only thing that shows sign of ware is the front drive shaft , but after I made the spool cups to accept blades , I have not problems what so ever. Fantastic car.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #398
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Couple questions, been running my arc out on med grip asphalt and love it. Getting ready for reedy and I have a couple questions. The low friction belts and pullies, how much does that help with the drivetrain? Also compared to other cars it seems a little heavy, switching to the lightweight ballstuds how much does that actually save you? thanks in advance!
WEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #399
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEZY View Post
Couple questions, been running my arc out on med grip asphalt and love it. Getting ready for reedy and I have a couple questions. The low friction belts and pullies, how much does that help with the drivetrain? Also compared to other cars it seems a little heavy, switching to the lightweight ballstuds how much does that actually save you? thanks in advance!
Many drivers prefer the low friction pullies. There isn't a huge difference but there is less drag especially for spec classes that need free drive trains. There are some guys that bought the low friction bearings or they cleaned out the original stock bearings and that made more difference than the pullies. I would recommend spending time cleaning out the bearings.

The aluminum screws lighten up the car a lot so i would recommend those as well.
ARC USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #400
Tech Initiate

Looks good out of the box Bijono!!! Keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijono View Post
may i join..?

the first time we run touring EP 1/10 we followed the manual and this is the result.. nice car..

http://youtu.be/VYVsw7pilBg
ARC USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #401
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC USA View Post
Looks good out of the box Bijono!!! Keep it up

thank you sir.. . we are happy with the car. it performs as we expected.
bijono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #402
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone know a good place to get some aluminum screws for this car, trying to get everything to build my new car for reedy and looking at shaving some weight off. thanks!
WEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #403
Tech Adept

Quote:
Anyone know a good place to get some aluminum screws for this car, trying to get everything to build my new car for reedy and looking at shaving some weight off. thanks!
Concact Nikolaj at [email protected] , he Can get the titanium screw from capricorn that fits the r10 also. And he ships World wide
Old 04-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #404
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
fastener-express.com
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #405
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but Scotty Ernst is holding an AOC championship (ala ETS) and one round is being held in my home town, Melbourne Australia. I thought I would post the link to the discussion should anyone be interested in a holiday down under

2013 ASIAN ONROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

http://www.aocrc.com/

Sorry for the hijack

Cheers,
Jordan
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc r10, rc-world, team titan